KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Regarding Anakin vs Count Dooku battle ROS

Regarding Anakin vs Count Dooku battle ROS
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scizard

No. Dooku is losing to Anakin one on one after he stops playing and BEFORE Palpatine amps him. Like I said it's only when he taunts Anakin he gets the edge.

Yes Anakin is overall more powerful than Dooku, technical skill doesn't matter when you're hitting like a truck.

There's a chance Dooku may have bested Anakin while he was distracted but it only says Dooku is toying with Anakin, not that he's putting heavy pressure on Anakin.

In any normal circumstance Dooku loses.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2020 06:57 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Dooku was playing around with Kenobi and Anakin for most of the fight even to the point where he says he was doing all he could not to laugh at the two of them.

Dooku started to get tired from dragging the fight on too long then realized he might be in danger of losing so he changes his tactics which gave him the edge again so he went back in the playing around with them mode and then and there is when Palpatine decided to intervene and fuel Anakins rage to kill Dooku who thought that Palpatine had lost his mind.

It's pretty clear to me that if Sidious wasn't there to coach Anakin and Dooku was trying to kill them he would have won. But Sidious had other plans.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2020 09:21 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I suppose that would be an understandable interpretation, for someone who requires three days to read a ten page fight sequence.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2020 09:55 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

No. It specificly mentions Anakin's power, how hard he hits and that it is Anakin that is tiring him out.

Calls Anakin's strikes unstoppable. It also mentions that blocking Anakin's strikes took more energy then taking out Kenobi.

"Each block aged him a decade"

Anakin's strikes at this point would've tired Dooku out regardless if he was tired or not, it specifically puts emphasis on how Anakin's strikes tire him out, the fact that he might've already been tired is not important.

If Sidious wasn't in the picture Dooku wouldn't have taunted Anakin to begin with. He would've gone for the kill immediately and then lost to Anakin.

Because as per Sidious Anakin is more powerful.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2020 09:58 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I suppose that would be an understandable interpretation, for someone who requires three days to read a ten page fight sequence.
Nothing I posted was made up so I can't help it if you don't like it.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2020 10:43 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Scizard
No. It specificly mentions Anakin's power, how hard he hits and that it is Anakin that is tiring him out.

Calls Anakin's strikes unstoppable. It also mentions that blocking Anakin's strikes took more energy then taking out Kenobi.

"Each block aged him a decade"

Anakin's strikes at this point would've tired Dooku out regardless if he was tired or not, it specifically puts emphasis on how Anakin's strikes tire him out, the fact that he might've already been tired is not important.

If Sidious wasn't in the picture Dooku wouldn't have taunted Anakin to begin with. He would've gone for the kill immediately and then lost to Anakin.

Because as per Sidious Anakin is more powerful.
Dooku says before the fight even begins that he tired from war and ready to take it easy.

During the fight Dooku even says that he's getting tired from dragging the fight out too long then he gets a 2nd wind.

Then as you pointed out and I admitt I forgot to add is that Dooku got tired again allowing Anakin to finally get the win.

You guys have a stool to stand on.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2020 10:58 PM
Scizard

Ignoring the parts that specifically attibute Dooku tiring to Anakin and Anakin's 'unstoppable' strikes.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 07:51 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I didn't ignore that as you can see if you read my last post I said Dooku was getting tired for a 2nd time in the fight.

Good job Anakin you beat an old man who was getting tired who wasn't even trying to kill you.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 10:16 AM
Scizard

Fail to see the point, either way Count Dooku gets beaten, tired/not tired. Trying to kill or not trying to kill Anakin is still superior by ROTS.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 10:43 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by juggernaut74
I didn't ignore that as you can see if you read my last post I said Dooku was getting tired for a 2nd time in the fight.

Good job Anakin you beat an old man who was getting tired who wasn't even trying to kill you.
I forgot to mention Anakin had Palpatine there to fuel his rage. So he had help in a sense as well.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 10:51 AM