KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Mortal Kombat 2021

Mortal Kombat 2021
Started by: KingAdzJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Haha. Looks like brainless fun. Way better than I expected.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 03:56 AM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Wait. Where's my boy Johnny Cage?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 04:06 AM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Just being kept hidden like Superman was during the leadup to JL I hope. He has always been the comic relief and personality of the series, would be odd to leave him out.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 05:03 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I like what i see so far from that trailer

quote:
I like how they used the same Scorpion from the Mortal Kombat youtine series from a few years ago.

The actor?...it's not actually.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 05:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

(please log in to view the image)

Virgin CG vs Chad puppet. Kinda looks like the 2008 Hulk but edited. lol ... And I guess they took from the Reptile in Deadly Alliance, his worst design. Everyone liked the human ninja form better though.

Can't wait to see what other comparisons to make. The Mileena they got looks bad too, just as far as her effects.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 08:01 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I actually like the new Goro design.....The original was okay for it's time.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 08:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

CG Goro is kind of a double edged sword. On one hand we could get better fight scenes from CG compared to the animatronic counterpart. On the other hand, it's CG and since it's WB, based off of what we've seen from DCEU movies thus far, the CG Goro could look like dogshit in action outside of what we've seen so far.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 09:29 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Nothing wrong with Goro there.

Og version face looks like he is mentally retarded....never really liked it...

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 09:29 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Is the same head model that was used for Goro in the original game. No one said any such things about it back then. erm

Looking again, just noticed Mileena here was missing her signature teeth... Oof.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 09:34 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

If it wasn't for the sai, I wouldn't have guessed that chick in the trailer was Mileena. Just what is that stupid outfit? She looks more Reptile than Reptile. How did that happen?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 09:40 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Eh, I'm just going to go out on a limb and say the original 1995 film will be remembered more in the long run, despite the gore that has fanboys frothing at the mouth.

^^^move over. thumb up

Anyway, the trailer; it didn’t make me excited at all. The lack of Johnny Cage, and this original character taking center stage were especially responsible for me being all meh.

That said, I’ll prob. get around to watching it, but I’m not going to put much effort into it.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 09:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Estacado

Also when you look at the animatronic body his body isn't quite like how it is in the game

this CG one does more so.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 10:24 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Animatronic Goro was basically MK1 Goro but taller. The CG one is meant to more resemble MKX Goro with the added clothing which is fine, but practical effects will always be > CGI at the end of the day.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 10:35 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

CG Goro: There's more to Shokan than people think. Shokan are like onions! They have layers, we have layers.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 10:47 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Thank you. That goro from the first movie was shit. People have lost their damn minds if they think he looked better.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 01:11 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

1995 Goro looked like Goro, and the ad hominem is duly noted. thumb up The CG one still looks better than the animated Goro from Scorpion's Revenge at least. That felt more like a Ninja Turtles design than something MK.

The Reptile is the worst though, and since no one commented on it, I guess everyone agrees he's actually shit. Just realized he's like a scuffed B-movie Godzilla. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 10:42 PM
Estacado
Legendary

thumb up

Og reptile looked pretty good tho..

So did Goro...

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Feb 19th, 2021 at 11:17 PM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 11:14 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

thumb up

Oh wow, I’d forgotten about him. So adorable! eek!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 11:20 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -Pr-

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 01:19 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
but practical effects will always be > CGI at the end of the day.

Of course on practical effects, CG can still be just as good depends how much effort they put into it

quote:
thumb up

So did Goro...

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 02:26 AM