KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Mortal Kombat 2021

Mortal Kombat 2021
Started by: KingAdzJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

Well Sub-Zero kinda looks evil so I bet Hanzo will win...

On the other hand both Bi Han and Kuai Liang lose to Scorpion on avarage As much As I hate it...

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Feb 21st, 2021 at 05:03 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 05:01 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I know Bi-Han was always a ruthless sob, but he was only really a generic bad guy when he became Noob Saibot. They only ever give him brief moments as Sub-Zero nowadays though, because gotta keep having him die against Scorpion since they keep reshowing the events of MK1 with MK9 and later adaptations. Shame, as I always found him more interesting as Sub-Zero than Kuai Liang, who once saved the world pre-MK1 in the Sub-Zero spinoff game.

Speaking of Noob Saibot, the guy whose credited for playing Sub-Zero also appears to be credited for playing Noob? Briefly saw a shadowy ninja figure in part of the trailer that looked like him too... I just hope the Scorpion and Sub-Zero fight is more drawn out than it was in Scorpion's Revenge. Bi-Han only had like five minutes in that whole movie. Save Quan Chi for like a sequel in the live action reboot universe, so that the Scorpion and Sub-Zero rivalry doesn't get watered down yet again.

I really don't have that much expectations here, but we'll see what happens.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 04:55 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I have a feeling this is going to end up as either pretty damn good or shit at least story wise.

The trailer has already sold me hands down on the action. Thats how my jazz looked watching sub zero freeze that bullet lol

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 03:45 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I know Bi-Han was always a ruthless sob, but he was only really a generic bad guy when he became Noob Saibot. They only ever give him brief moments as Sub-Zero nowadays though, because gotta keep having him die against Scorpion since they keep reshowing the events of MK1 with MK9 and later adaptations. Shame, as I always found him more interesting as Sub-Zero than Kuai Liang, who once saved the world pre-MK1 in the Sub-Zero spinoff game.

Speaking of Noob Saibot, the guy whose credited for playing Sub-Zero also appears to be credited for playing Noob? Briefly saw a shadowy ninja figure in part of the trailer that looked like him too... I just hope the Scorpion and Sub-Zero fight is more drawn out than it was in Scorpion's Revenge. Bi-Han only had like five minutes in that whole movie. Save Quan Chi for like a sequel in the live action reboot universe, so that the Scorpion and Sub-Zero rivalry doesn't get watered down yet again.

I really don't have that much expectations here, but we'll see what happens.

I agree about Bi-Han. All the way back in MK2 he was in my top 3 mains (with Cage and Liu Kang), so I've always had an interest in him. I don't want him to just be a generic psychopath.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 04:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by Estacado
How dare those phuckers forgot to include Chun li???

https://jezebel.com/who-forgot-to-i...mbat-1846300631

Is this satire? Lol.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 04:34 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Rewatching Revenge fight scenes. When Hanzo goes berserk on the Line Kuei🔥🔥🔥

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 05:01 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I have a feeling this is going to end up as either pretty damn good or shit at least story wise.

The trailer has already sold me hands down on the action. Thats how my jazz looked watching sub zero freeze that bullet lol

im more invested in the martial arts action and then the story but the trailer hinted at what the story will be

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2021 09:00 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I havent kept up with the games that much as I dont own a gaming system but I have always enjoyed the Lore. I used to get the first Mortal Kombat comics when they came out.

Also, there was a old book that came out around the same time as the first MK movie except it had a completely different story line and adaptation of the characters which was neat. Not totally different but enough so that it felt like a different universe.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 12:14 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I havent kept up with the games that much as I dont own a gaming system but I have always enjoyed the Lore. I used to get the first Mortal Kombat comics when they came out.

They ended up rebooting the storying starting from the 9th game, After the events from Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 01:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

At times the story in the games is pretty good...
The power creep however is retarded...Imo...

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 01:36 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah.

Another detail I forgot or missed earlier, but kinda weird for Shang Tsung to be the Outworld emperor here, unless Shao Khan just does not exist in this new universe. I like Tsung more anyway, so whatever, and appreciate at least that the one playing him here looks like a younger Cary Tagawa.

Wish they had stuck to the white wig for live action Raiden. Could still have the hat but just looks off to me here. Wouldve stuck out more too when you have Kung Lao as another pointy hat wearer.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 07:42 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

there was a shao kahn statue i think

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 08:44 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Ah, so there was a statue... which looks like it was based on the MK11 design, when he became Jobber Khan. I hope Shao himself has a different look in the flesh, because I cant take him seriously with that design.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 09:09 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

According to the producer, Cole Young replaces Johnny Cage because they didn't want, and I quote:

quote:
to have a white actor, literally Johnny Cage, be the hero of the story.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainme...ung-johnny-cage

Without taking in to account that Liu Kang has been the main hero in more games than any other character (not to mention two live-action movies), I just have to say... wow. Hollywood racism strikes again.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 18th, 2021 12:41 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I made a joke about that earlier but now to see it actually be the reason. Wow.

thumb down

Old Post Mar 18th, 2021 01:12 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

This is f*cking stupid. If you didn't want a "white guy" to save everyone, then make Liu Kang the lead like always, and have Johnny Cage along with Cole Young be the 2 odd men out who know nothing about MK Tournament or something. Cage could've been a washed up actor who actually had martial arts talent who ended up as a fighting coach or something.

There's no reason to drop a fan favorite like Johnny, especially when in the movies he wasn't the hero, and in the games when he was sort of the hero, it was already so much backstory they wouldn't even be able to make a movie of that version.

Hollywood needs to learn that people of color want equality, not superior treatment. We want our heroes to stand just as tall as white heroes. We want our stories to be told with as much passion and popularity. We want to exist alongside, not above or below. What we don't want is for them to be replaced for being white because news flash, that's just as bad as us not having roles in the first place because we're black.

F*CK that ruined my night.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2021 03:19 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/m...ie-johnny-cage/

Seeing other links posted on the subject today like this, they're really considering him for a sequel at least, so that's something I guess.

We should really take all this current news with a grain of salt, though given current Hollywood, I can believe some of the shit said being the reason for his current omission.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2021 04:45 AM
KingD19

He still pointed out how he didn't want the cookie cutter white guy/Johnny Cage to be the protagonist. Just make it Liu Kang then like it always is. Even in the MK9 and onward reboot, Johnny isn't the "hero". He's one of many moving parts necessary for victory. He just has special god fighting powers but that's not even relevant here. There's nothing wrong with Cole Young or Johnny Cage being the fresh face who is a deuteragonist and learns about Mortal Kombat as the movie goes on and the Earthworld vets teach him how things are done. Especially since guys like Kung Lao and Liu Kang are clearly already Shaolin masters, Sony and Jax know about that life, etc...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2021 04:59 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by KingD19
He still pointed out how he didn't want the cookie cutter white guy/Johnny Cage to be the protagonist.

My question is: Who the **** thought Johnny Cage was the main protagonist in the first place?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 18th, 2021 10:00 AM
KingD19

Originally posted by -Pr-
My question is: Who the **** thought Johnny Cage was the main protagonist in the first place?

He played MK9-MK11 and saw the green glowy powers. In his mind having a gimmick among all the other gimmicks(because it's related to the story) makes you the MC.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2021 10:09 AM