KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What do you think of Project Veritas, really?

What do you think of Project Veritas, really?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
And you
And Surt
And Rob

It's like song lyrics

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

The longest song ever written. Goes on for years.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:54 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jim Morrison wrote it while on peyote

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 11:56 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

And you
And Surt
And Rob

Why are you deflecting?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:02 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Silent Master
Why are you deflecting?

What have I deflected from?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:04 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Basically I will say this: they have done good work. Mistakes have been made. Like with pretty much all media these days: I will look into what they are saying and not take anything at face value.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:08 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Didn’t okeef go to jail or something? They’re a joke.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:27 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The longest song ever written. Goes on for years.

No, that's ths song'

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:32 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Didn’t okeef go to jail or something? They’re a joke.

It's funny how he does this stuff in person, yet none of these media people ever seems recognize him.

Plaster a wanted poster on the walls already.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:37 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

So they tried to plant a story in a newspaper but got found out. Edited videos in order to deceive people and got found out. Broke into a politicians office and got caught and arrested. Tried to seduce a TV reporter with the hope of filming it.

That O'Keefe guy doesn't exactly do himself any favours, does he?

Is this the same group who edited a video to make it appear that Planned Parenthood was selling "baby parts" on the black market?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:52 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Is this the same group who edited a video to make it appear that Planned Parenthood was selling "baby parts" on the black market?
I think you are a tard...

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:55 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Same guy.

Not that he proved jack, but it would not surprise me if at least some centers had black market ties, given how stem cells are worth a lot of money to Big Pharma.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:57 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

What a loser.

Big Pharma could easily get illegal fetal matter from China.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:57 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

No I think that was a different group.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:58 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:59 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

What a loser.

Big Pharma could easily get illegal fetal matter from China.

laughing out loud thumb up

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:59 AM
dadudemon

Re: What do you think of Project Veritas, really?

Originally posted by cdtm
This is the sting that made their name:

https://www.projectveritas.com/investigation/acorn/

Since then, it's been revealed they're not above selectively editing their videos.

I'm not sure I trust them entirely. On the other hand, you get the occasional sound bite that no amount of context could justify.

What I get from this, is that the media industry is a VERY dirty business, and O'Keefe is probably as dirty as any of them.

This is worrysome, since ideally, you want the people you side with to police their own at best. Or you want an unbiased watchdog group with the integrity, clout, and connections to keep everyone honest, at worst.

Seems we have neither of those.

I'm mixed. They are agenda ridden, for sure. They doctor their vids and content to fit their agenda.

They try to show us stuff going on that we might not be able to see but you can't trust any of it. If you're so shitty that a reasonable person has to double check your "facts" before believing them, perhaps it is time to get rid of the company and start fresh.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 01:37 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Re: Re: What do you think of Project Veritas, really?

Originally posted by dadudemon
If you're so shitty that a reasonable person has to double check your "facts" before believing them, perhaps it is time to get rid of the company and start fresh.

(please log in to view the image)

You hurt his feelings.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 01:44 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Re: Re: What do you think of Project Veritas, really?

Originally posted by dadudemon
I'm mixed. They are agenda ridden, for sure. They doctor their vids and content to fit their agenda.

They try to show us stuff going on that we might not be able to see but you can't trust any of it. If you're so shitty that a reasonable person has to double check your "facts" before believing them, perhaps it is time to get rid of the company and start fresh.

The irony is one of their "stings" involved seeing if a news outlet published unsubstantiated stories without checking into the source first. The story they tried to plant ended up being rejected by the WaPo because they checked it first. Then PV end up not only publishing unverified stories, but actively try to falsify the allegations first before publishing.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 03:56 AM
Artol

I'm not a fan of Project Veritas, my first exposure was their videos on the Abortion clinics, with the claim that fetuses were callously sold for profit, however their videos were clearly doctored and taken out of context. I think their work is effective for some policy that Republicans want to enact, as it gets people riled up rather well. Some may consider that fair play partisan tactic, from my POV their work crosses a line into the unethical.

Interesting there is an in-depth discussion of James O'Keefe and Project Veritas by a youtuber that came out a few days ago.

It's very long, but if one has time it might be worth a watch.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 04:35 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote