KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What do you think of Project Veritas, really?

What do you think of Project Veritas, really?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's true Project Veritas shouldn't even be needed, but alas it is and I'm glad they are around. Just like CNN and MSNBC, they don't always get it right.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 11:36 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blakemore
I think you are a tard...
still makes sense.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:54 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
It's true Project Veritas shouldn't even be needed, but alas it is and I'm glad they are around. Just like CNN and MSNBC, they don't always get it right.

No, they don't...but they get it right a hell of a lot more than CNN and MSNBC do who outright lie on an almost daily basis lol.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:55 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And if people are going to complain about Veritas editing videos I sure do hope they also complained when CNN edited videos to try to make Trump look bad.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 12:58 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
I'm mixed. They are agenda ridden, for sure. They doctor their vids and content to fit their agenda.

They try to show us stuff going on that we might not be able to see but you can't trust any of it. If you're so shitty that a reasonable person has to double check your "facts" before believing them, perhaps it is time to get rid of the company and start fresh.

Do you think they'd sink to lying outright about their flaws?

Or are their lies only in the service of exposing those flaws?

E.g., they'd go to any measure or tell any lie to prove they don't fact check a story, but would never lie about whether they actually fact checked a story.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 01:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

And if people are going to complain about Veritas editing videos I sure do hope they also complained when CNN edited videos to try to make Trump look bad.

Also, the thing with them editing that undercover PP video was not underhanded. They didn't actually change anything. Just cut out the unnecessary parts. If they hadn't, the video would've been up being probably five or six hours long and honestly, who has the patience to sit thru that? They didn't change any of the relevant parts.

Everyone edits their videos to some degree or another. Everyone who makes a you tube video, for instance, edits it to some degree. Editing videos is not something unheard of, ffs.

These crybabies on here that are still b*tching about it are just upset because they know the video helped expose what monsters the people who work at PP are and no amount of spin or yelling from them is ever gonna change that. The video being edited to cut out the irrelevant parts doesn't change that and never will no matter what anyone says. Period.

These same people whining over that video being edited were the same people accusing PJW of altering that video a while back showing where one of Trump's former employees/bodyguards/whatever had to restrain a reporter who kept trying to get past him and into Trump's face to pester him w/more questions after Trump basically said "no more questions" and was leaving the WH briefing room.

All Watson did was zoom in on the video to show that the guy wasn't "manhandling" her (which is what I think she accused him of doing and hurting her; it happened years ago so the exact details are hard to remember) and all the Trump-haters accused him of "altering" the video. Oh yeah, the exact word they used was "doctoring" the video. Zooming in is not changing or "doctoring" it though.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 01:24 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Also, the thing with them editing that undercover PP video was not underhanded. They didn't actually change anything. Just cut out the unnecessary parts. If they hadn't, the video would've been up being probably five or six hours long and honestly, who has the patience to sit thru that? They didn't change any of the relevant parts.

Everyone edits their videos to some degree or another. Everyone who makes a you tube video, for instance, edits it to some degree. Editing videos is not something unheard of, ffs.

These crybabies on here that are still b*tching about it are just upset because they know the video helped expose what monsters the people who work at PP are and no amount of spin or yelling from them is ever gonna change that. The video being edited to cut out the irrelevant parts doesn't change that and never will no matter what anyone says. Period.

These same people whining over that video being edited were the same people accusing PJW of altering that video a while back showing where one of Trump's former employees/bodyguards/whatever had to restrain a reporter who kept trying to get past him and into Trump's face to pester him w/more questions after Trump basically said "no more questions" and was leaving the WH briefing room.

All Watson did was zoom in on the video to show that the guy wasn't "manhandling" her (which is what I think she accused him of doing and hurting her; it happened years ago so the exact details are hard to remember) and all the Trump-haters accused him of "altering" the video. Oh yeah, the exact word they used was "doctoring" the video. Zooming in is not changing or "doctoring" it though.

The media is known for doing much worse.

One of the most infamous was the murder of Catherine "Kitty" ​Genovese, which the New York Times falsely reported was publicly attacked, raped, and murdered with witnesses doing nothing to help her. This was later revealed to be a complete fabrication, so as to create a more compelling story.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mur..._Kitty_Genovese

[Quote]In the early hours of March 13, 1964, 28-year-old Kitty Genovese was stabbed outside the apartment building across the street from where she lived, in an apartment above a row of shops on Austin Street, in the Kew Gardens neighborhood of Queens in New York City.[2][3][4] Two weeks after the murder, The New York Times published an article claiming that 38 witnesses saw or heard the attack, but none of them called the police or came to her aid.[5]

Murder of Kitty Genovese
Date
March 13, 1964
Type
Homicide
Burial
March 16, 1964
Lakeview Cemetery
New Canaan, Connecticut, US[1]
Convicted
Winston Moseley
Trial
June 8–11, 1964
Verdict
Guilty
Convictions
Murder
Sentence
Death (commuted to life imprisonment)
The incident prompted inquiries into what became known as the bystander effect or "Genovese syndrome",[6] and the murder became a staple of American psychology textbooks for the next four decades. However, researchers have since uncovered major inaccuracies in the New York Times article.

Reporters at a competing news organization discovered in 1964 that the article was inconsistent with the facts, but they were unwilling at the time to challenge New York Times editor Abe Rosenthal. In 2007, an article in the American Psychologist found "no evidence for the presence of 38 witnesses, or that witnesses observed the murder, or that witnesses remained inactive".[7] In 2016, The New York Times called its own reporting "flawed", stating that the original story "grossly exaggerated the number of witnesses and what they had perceived".[8][quote]

This isn't some ratty tabloid. It's the New York Times, one of the most respected newspapers out there.

This kind of thing is exactly why people don't trust the news. It's not because of anything the orange idiot in office says. It's lies like these.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 01:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

And the worst of it is no one wanted to challenge this Abe Rosenthal.

Why not? Was he the Godfather of media? Does he ruin careers on a whim? Do facts mean whatever he says they do, because no one would dare get on his bad side?

If people like this Abe Rosenthal exist today, the media has bigger problems then Trump. It's tin pot dictators like this who ruin everything.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 01:35 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL@"one of the most respected newspapers out there."

It's a failing paper and has been for a while now. I feel sorry for you if you actually genuinely believe what you just said there. Perhaps a decade ago that might've been true but not anymore.

They started to really go down downhill during the 2016 election cycle and they just keep on falling.

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Apr 18th, 2020 at 01:38 PM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 01:36 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

NYT used to be respected, but Trump forced them to behave deranged.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 01:40 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

The only use I would ever have for a clearly biased left-wing rag like the NYT is as a litter box liner for my cats lol. I suppose I could also use it as toilet paper if I ever ran out of tp lol.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 01:42 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

NYT used to be respected, but Trump forced them to behave deranged.

Yeah, I remember when during the 2010 election cycle, after Trump won a certain state in the primaries (can't remember which one exactly, some place in the northeast), the butthurt people at NYT posted a picture of Trump supporters as being clowns or zombies or something similar. But nah, they were and are clearly totally and completely unbiased. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 01:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually love outlets like CNN and the New York Times. I really do. They make it so easy to counter any claims of "the media isn't the enemy". They make it so easy to counter claims of "TDS isn't real".

And strangely enough they get mad over being called the enemy and fake news lol. This is like a guy getting mad for being called racist and then immediately putting on a white robe with a pointy hat while exclaiming "I'm off to lynch some black folk!".

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 01:49 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually love outlets like CNN and the New York Times. I really do. They make it so easy to counter any claims of "the media isn't the enemy". They make it so easy to counter claims of "TDS isn't real".

And strangely enough they get mad over being called the enemy and fake news lol. This is like a guy getting mad for being called racist and then immediately putting on a white robe with a pointy hat.

The thing is, I think they know damn well that the "news" they put out is BS, at least when it comes to political matters, but they just don't give a damn because their brainwashed audience who're all consumed with TDS just loves it and eats it up. It's ratings over real journalism for them.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 01:54 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The thing is, I think they know damn well that the "news" they put out is BS, at least when it comes to political matters, but they just don't give a damn because their brainwashed audience who're all consumed with TDS just loves it and eats it up. It's ratings over real journalism for them.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 01:57 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it is 50/50. I think some of it they know is bullshit and I think other times they think to themselves "well this sure sounds like something trump would do!" and then repeat it without fact checking it.

Though as bad as these lying outlets are those who clap them on the back when they fix their lies are almost as bad.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 02:20 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it is 50/50. I think some of it they know is bullshit and I think other times they think to themselves "well this sure sounds like something trump would do!" and then repeat it without fact checking it.

Though as bad as these lying outlets are those who clap them on the back when they fix their lies are almost as bad.

That's the thing though, a lot of the time they don't even bother with fixing them. They usually just move on to creating some more lies rather than correcting their old lies.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 02:28 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's the thing though, a lot of the time they don't even bother with fixing them. They usually just move on to creating some more lies rather than correcting their old lies.

And sometimes when they do fix things they do stealth edits, which are shady as hell.

Other times they fix things, but the number of people who see the updated version is nowhere near as high as the number who saw the original. This is especially true when a reporter tweets out something and then issues a tweet to correct.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 03:34 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

And sometimes when they do fix things they do stealth edits, which are shady as hell.

Other times they fix things, but the number of people who see the updated version is nowhere near as high as the number who saw the original. This is especially true when a reporter tweets out something and then issues a tweet to correct.

Exactly. thumb up

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 03:38 PM
Artol

That's very similar to what leftist complaints about the mainstream media are as well. I don't even think they do it on purpose, I just think they are mediocre corporate shills that were selected for the way they think, and that way is a dumbass pseudo-social neo-liberal way.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2020 03:40 PM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote