KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

PWNT

Old Post May 7th, 2020 06:10 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I was told there would be gameplay. There was ****-all gameplay. I was disappointed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 7th, 2020 06:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, it was disingenuous to say this was gameplay. It would of been OK if they just said in-engine trailer (I assume most of the scenes shown were in-game cinematic you will see while playing the game)

Overall, the show was OK. I assume any major franchise/publisher/developer upcoming games are going to be shown by specific streams. It was nice to see some other smaller named studios have a chance to show some stuff.

Old Post May 7th, 2020 08:44 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Some proper gameplay. Not enough to sell me, but it doesn't look bad either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2020 10:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
The whitewashing of the vikings was hilarious. I laughed when that noble viking heroically pillaging a village spared the woman and child out of the stalwart goodness of his raiding heart.

Agreed.

This game would have been really cool if they had been historically accurate with the Vikings and showed them being vicious, violent monsters. Would have been nice if the character you played wasn’t really a good guy.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2020 06:32 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I'll play it eventually, but it comes out too close to Cyberpunk. I'm going to platinum the living hell out of that game before I move on to anything else.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 16th, 2020 03:04 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by BackFire
Agreed.

This game would have been really cool if they had been historically accurate with the Vikings and showed them being vicious, violent monsters. Would have been nice if the character you played wasn’t really a good guy.

Well historically, Vikings were assholes and raiders, that was primarily out of necessity as there was f*ck all they could grow or hunt in their cold and barren climate. But they also weren't assholes all the time.

It wasn't rare for them to spare women and children as not only were they non-combatants, they were potential slaves and future warriors after they were brought into the Viking way.

They'd often take them captive and bring them home, then either slave them up, or adopt them into their families and the like. Viking culture isn't all brutality and bloodshed like the movies make it seem.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2020 06:40 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

After the truly tremendous combat mechanics of Ghost of Tsushima, this is feeling extremely clunky.

Even in comparison to Origins it feels like a step backwards so far although I'm only really at the opening sections. Hopefully it will improve.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 11:13 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's more Witcher 3 than previous games.

It took me awhile (still in Norway) to realize there is no loot system and that it's about upgrading weapons that you currently have.

It's Assassins Creed and it's fun. I enjoy the small little world events that don't take too much time. And the dice game that is in the game is not that bad...it's no GWENT but it does have the same gameplay mechanics of winning "cards" after defeating somebody. The flyting mini game is also kind of neat and a good way to increase charisma.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 08:45 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/ubisoft...creed-valhalla/

Daily reminder that we live in clown world.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 05:15 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by ares834
https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/ubisoft...creed-valhalla/

Daily reminder that we live in clown world.

LMAO!

When I read that it was a person named "Courtney Craven" that complained about it I told my gf "Bet I can guess almost EXACTLY what she looks like"....... loooooool.

Not far off. Amazing, but also sad.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 06:34 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Probably put 20+ hours so far.

I'm enjoying it. It's like a cross between older Assassins Creed, Witcher 3 and strangely enough, Elder Scroll games.

If you set it to Pathfinder, the game only shows the blue/gold/white dots on the map (and only a few of them)...and during the course of exploring...other icons show up...very similar to how Skyrim works.

You can spend hours just walking through the map and seeing new icons...it's a good addition.

I enjoy the World Events (blue icons)...they are simple little stories that can be completed quite quickly but they seem to all unique. Gold icons are treasure, either carbon ingots or gear.....and are usually hidden in a simple puzzle or inside a large fort/area with enemies.

And raiding is pretty cool. Overall, I like it. It's different enough from Odyssey but I'm still not sure if I like the lack of randomized loot.

On the Series X, it's 4k/60 FPS...and while Norway strangely enough didn't look that great....England is gorgeous...there is mission where you need to find some people in a marsh with shit loads of fog...I find it next gen...

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 05:21 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Sounds pretty good.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 07:44 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I find it fun.

I like how the series has gone away from the icon-fest it is and has made interesting side activities. Or at least, I find them interesting.

The gameplay mechanics themselves are still top notch. Climbing, assassinating and combat are still good. Hell..even the game allows you to turn on Instant Assassinations if that's what you want. There is separate multiple difficulty levels for combat and stealth so you can cater the game to what you want.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 11:41 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Well I platinum'd this tonight. Between the last 3 AC games there's a truly great game but each of them had big flaws individually.

Origins had a very good protagonist, a great setting, good revenge story and ok npc characters. Not much in the way of side quest variation.

Odyssey had a phenomenal setting, great npc characters but a poor story and God awful protagonists. More variation in side quests between land and ship battles and helping out the Spartans or Athenians plus the whole Atlantis and mythical creatures stuff

Valhalla had a terrible main setting in England and it feels like the other places were thrown in to make up for how samey England is from top to bottom. Eivor is a decent protagonist and there's a small handful of likeable and interesting NPCs but too many cookie cutter generic NPCs overwhelming them. I did enjoy the 2 main side quests of the daughters of Lerion and the Britannia treasures if only for the weapons you get at the end (Mjolnir and Excalibur)but neither of them had the size and depth of the Atlantis story in Odyssey. I liked the settlement building more than in AC 3.

**** the fishing though.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 12:20 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Still playing the game....I have gone through most of the areas and taken most of the wealth and mysteries. Still not close on finishing but I am making my way through it.

I enjoyed how the game is setup....I felt like I explored the area alot more in the this game than I did in Origins and Odyssey. I enjoyed the mysteries that give you and how small they are....its neat to go to something, see something neat or cool and then be on your way.

I am enjoying being Eivor, I think is a very good character...and I don't mind some of the other NPC's you come across. I also enjoy on how the story is setup after a few hours into it...

Does have flaws...not really keen on the loot system, I would rather have the loot system from the previous games. The bow is annoying when you can't change it on the fly...I only used one bow type the majority of the game and used the other two during boss fights.

I also felt they missed a massive opportunity with the other two areas you explore and turn it into a more linear experience to change it up. It was just a bit too much padding in those areas...when it could of been a much more thrilling experience.

Still playing it...probably prefer Odyssey more but I am still enjoying a lot of it. These three games are a huge step in the right direction for the series. I have no idea what time period they are going to be able to do next.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 01:19 AM
Superdad76
dad

big beards big vkings

should i buy it ?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 06:51 PM
Superdad76 is currently offline Click here to Send Superdad76 a Private Message Find more posts by Superdad76 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote