KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Looking for Gamers

Looking for Gamers
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (36): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
I preferred Rebel Galaxy for my space fix.

Cruising around in ever more destructive capital ships, tacking Pirate Lords, and enjoying an Elite style trading system is more my idea of fun over a massive procedurally generated world of mediocrity.

Same reason I just can't get into GTA anymore. Yeah, being able to do anything you want in a maasive city sounds good in theory. But in the end you just wish you were doing it better somewhere else, whether its driving, steal kills, gunplay, or whatever.

I'll check out Rebel Galaxy, then. Thanks for the rec!

Originally posted by Impediment
I have a PS4 and an Xbox One S.

I'm a Sony fanboy, personally. My 15 year old daughter plays the Xbox since the majority of her friends do. They all play Overwatch, Minecraft, Roblox, and others. I've played Overwatch here and there, but it got a little boring to me. I can't even remember my level, but it's probably less than 40. I played with Mercy, mostly, and Reinhardt and Soldier.

I'm not the best Call of Duty player in the world, but I f*cking love playing Blackout on Black Ops 4. Other online games I play are GTA V, or RDR 2.

I finished FF7 Remake in 33 hours and I'm taking a break before I play again on Hard mode.

I'm mostly a fan of Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, God of War, Batman Arkham, Mario Kart, and Uncharted.

We should definitely fire up Black Ops when the new Xbox comes out. I prefer FPS games with a keyboard and mouse, however. I'll see if I can get one for the new XBOX when it goes down. We can get some of our other homies to join and fill up a team.

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 07:43 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah I played D2 ay launch and again after Forsaken came out. I like the direction the game has gone in and I’ve been meaning to play it again.

Look up the new exotic Machine Gun..the Heir Apparent.

It’s badass. Just got it today. Meme worthy

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 10:20 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually just saw an ad for this game called "Predator Hunting Grounds". It just came out a little over a week ago. I admit the concept does sound kinda cool, one player controls a predator and the rest control marines. I have no idea how good the game actually is though.

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 01:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
I actually just saw an ad for this game called "Predator Hunting Grounds". It just came out a little over a week ago. I admit the concept does sound kinda cool, one player controls a predator and the rest control marines. I have no idea how good the game actually is though.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/4/30/2...impressions-ps4

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 04:09 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur

They had a free game for years now that basically lets you do the same thing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tb1m0OvXK8U

Sort of.

Not "Aliens" aliens, but you can play as spider things.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 04:18 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll just offer this here for anyone that missed it:

http://megaman.capcom.com/sfxmm/sfxmm_dl_us.html

It's a fan game where Megaman fights robot master versions of Street Fighter characters. Capcom actually worked with the dev and authorized it for Megaman's anniversary, so this is is free and legal as it gets.

I've tried it, and its indeed very fun. And hilarious, seeing how super cute the Street Fighter characters are as 8 bit robot masters, like something out of a weird anime.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 04:29 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by NemeBro
Phuck that, play Hollow Knight.

Phuck Hollow Knight.

But also, yes, play Hollow Knight too. I mentioned Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night because it's the official, very worthy, spiritual successor to Castlevania made by Igarashi himself: I figure it's the easiest transition for recovering Castlevania addicts. I push the game whenever I can. I was going to list some others but we're in such a renaissance for this genre. You could basically type "Metroidvania" in Steam, or watch footage on YouTube, and pick the ones with the art/music style you like most. Even the mediocre ones are worth playing, and none are expensive. Like adorable fantasy stuff? Shantae's series is pretty sweet. Want grimdark edgelord stuff? Give Blasphemous a go. You can't really go wrong.

Great time to be a fan of the genre.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 3rd, 2020 at 10:43 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 10:29 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
Phuck Hollow Knight.

But also, yes, play Hollow Knight too. I mentioned Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night because it's the official, very worthy, spiritual successor to Castlevania made by Igarashi himself: I figure it's the easiest transition for recovering Castlevania addicts. I push the game whenever I can. I was going to list some others but we're in such a renaissance for this genre. You could basically type "Metroidvania" in Steam, or watch footage on YouTube, and pick the ones with the art/music style you like most. Even the mediocre ones are worth playing, and none are expensive. Like adorable fantasy stuff? Shantae's series is pretty sweet. Want grimdark edgelord stuff? Give Blasphemous a go. You can't really go wrong.

Epic gave away a ton of good mediocre Metroidvanias.

Sundred Elddritch Edition for example. Or Axiom Verge.

Personally I love Hyper Light Drifter, which isn't technically a metroidvania as it is a Zelda style hack and slash, but all fans of solid old school games should love it.

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 11:02 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php

This was all the rage back in the day, as free Metroidvania"s go. Up there with Cave Story. It may look rather unpolished compared to commercial games, but it has a good story, good gameplay, great music, and a pacifist route.

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 11:06 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

These new destiny exotics are amazing

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 11:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm disappointed now we're being told the new Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines won't be out until Christmas.

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 11:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So I looked up Bloodstained ROtN on Steam.

40 dollars??! eek!

Maybe it's totally worth it, but I just don't like this trend if indie games gradually creeping up on price. It all started when Binding of Isaac Rebirth was successful enough to demand 15 bucks, up from the originals 7. Then EVERY indie went "Mee too!" And suddenly 15 becomes the new normal.

Not that I haven't spent more on less. Platinum Games was a glorified Indy developer for consoles, and as good as games like Transformers Devastation are, it probably shouldn't go for 40-50 dollars with a 6 hour campaign.

Anyways, I'm nowhere near enough of a Metroidvania fan to spend that amount on this.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 12:22 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by dadudemon
We should definitely fire up Black Ops when the new Xbox comes out. I prefer FPS games with a keyboard and mouse, however. I'll see if I can get one for the new XBOX when it goes down. We can get some of our other homies to join and fill up a team.
We're in a new and exciting world DDM. The latest Call of Duty has crossplay- I wouldn't be surprised if the sequels do as well.

You can dab on console peasants with your superior aiming devices.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 4th, 2020 01:44 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you guys want to get Jduke or Zandurem, I'll show you how good an Xbox gamepad on Duke Nukem 3D or Doom can be. thumb up

Old Post May 4th, 2020 01:58 AM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
Phuck Hollow Knight.

Thanks for the good recs. thumb up

I will never be a memory.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 06:14 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Tzeentch
We're in a new and exciting world DDM. The latest Call of Duty has crossplay- I wouldn't be surprised if the sequels do as well.

You can dab on console peasants with your superior aiming devices.

Every game I look up to see if they have crossplay, they don't.

Seems to be true for Black Ops 4:
https://www.gamerevolution.com/guid...xbox-one-ps4-pc

But you're referring to Modern Warfare which I find myself having 0 interest in.

And, yes, my aim sucks terribly with a controller. Over 2 decades of playing FPS games with a controller (and PC) and I'm still much better on a keyboard and mouse.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 02:21 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

People still play COD?laughing out loud

Old Post May 4th, 2020 02:21 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I remember playing COD 4 a lot.

I enjoy FPS's, but not necessarily of the COD variety.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 02:25 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
People still play COD?laughing out loud

Not me. I haven't played it in years.

But I am interested in doing so.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 02:40 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yall need to get a gaming rig.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 02:44 PM