KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Looking for Gamers

Looking for Gamers
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (36): « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I stand corrected, PC Gods Trigger has internet coop added.

No idea how good it is, but DDM if you wantee to get this it could be a fun alternate to the Megaman clone.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 08:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I'm about 500 hours deep with video games, at the moment. It may take a year to catch up before I add anything new.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 11:36 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's the beauty of God's Trigger, you can play it in spurts of very little time with Arcade mode (All Arcade mode is, is a randomizer off shoot of the campaign. Though classic arcade games like Pac-Man were known for having no randomness at all, so no idea why its called that)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 12:02 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spurts, tee hee!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2020 12:07 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I've been playing the following games:

Doom (2016)

Horizon Zero Dawn

Control (just released)

Elex

Doom (2016)

Pretty good. Feels very much "on rails." I've been spoiled with open world games. After thinking about it, I realized I was feeling bored due to the fact that I am expecting an open world game. But that's not how Doom games are supposed to be. I do enjoy the RPG elements of the game. That's a very nice touch. It would be great if they open worlded the game, however. I would enjoy that much more. They could still make "strongholds" and "nests" very much "on the rails" like old doom games. Overall, I give it a 6 out of 10. Great sound. Wonderful music. Graphics are great. It's VERY smooth - absolutely love how smooth it is like the old Doom games. I don't like the weapons - they are too underpowered and slow. But, it's Doom - you don't get end game weapons until...mid game or end game. smile

If you're a fan of Doom games, pick this game up and you'll enjoy it. If you like more open world FPS RPG games, you'll be super frustrated.

Horizon Zero Dawn

This game is enjoyable but only in small bursts. I get bored very quickly with the game after about an hour of game play. Also, the stealth elements of the game need to be vastly improved. It feels like it's 8 months away from being finish. Well, the entire game feels that way. Clipping errors, animation errors, stealth needs to be vastly improved, missions feel a bit disjointed, the RPG system is very shallow, etc.

However, it's still a great game. It's VERY enjoyable to take down giant machines. I like crit-hitting the mega monster machines and watching them fall apart or die in a few short hits.

Combat is hit or miss, though. Sometimes, I'm super mega Aloy (main character) with amazing perfect execution against the enemies. I do it sooo so very smoothly and look like a pro. Other times, it just falls apart. It's just disjointed and executing this move or that move doesn't work. When it works, it's great. When it doesn't, it's just fail. You have to play the game to understand. If I was Aloy, I'd be dodging far more deftly against an attacking Sawtooth and aiming my spear right for the vital spots. But..you just don't have that option. And the "execute critical" is random, as well - you can be standing RIGHT next to a disabled bot and you have to keep jumping, running, and moving JUST to get the prompt on the screen to execute the bot with the finisher. Super frustrating. Especially if you're surrounding but other super strong bots and you're just wanting to quickly kill, run, kill, execute, kil, etc.

If the stealth system was vastly improved, you'd have a winner. Deux Ex Machina Human Revolution executed stealth kills PERFECTLY. It was extremely satisfying to complete an entire mission with 100% stealth kills. You could drag the bodies into hidden rooms that did not have patrols so avoid alerting guards and enemies. In Horizon Zero Dawn...it's all just a large massive open field. Always. You can get 1-3 stealth kills before enemies notice. You can snipe. Sometimes, you can clean out entire herds or groups of enemies before being noticed. But other times, they get alerted, scatter, or start looking for you.

Some of the missions which require stealth or berserker running ( you can choose) just DON'T work. It's super frustrating. Clearing out bandit camps can sometimes feel stupid. I mark all of them, learn their patrol paths, and kill guards strategically to alert others to see the dead body. Then I kill. Sometimes this works. Other times, they just randomly run right up to you hiding and get alerted.

Here's why I see stealth as such a poorly executed part of the game: in other games that do it well, the patrol paths are planned expertly to cover all visible areas BUT also allow the player to slowly take out the guards/bad guys one by one WITHOUT alerting the others. You can clean up the area as you kill. But because they did stealth so poorly in Horizon Zero Dawn, it's just a immaturely placed open "stage" that has no real planning and not real stealth element. Just kill as many as you can and maybe get lucky. Maybe you have to berserk it after alerting.

Anyway, I wrote so much about this game because I've been playing it off and on so much. It's frustrating because it is right there on the edge of being this incredibly amazing game.

Don't get me started on the SJW bullshit in the game where every character is some random ethnicity in a post apocalyptic world. And the not-so-subtle virtue signaling they like to do in every other mission.

Control

Fun game. Heady. Reminds me of the old Eternal Darkness game. The environments change. It's a game where the world is phased into another world and there are spooky magic elements. Imagine the ever changing Hogwarts Castle but on steroids.

Upgrades to your character and gun are too far in between. Far too sparce. Needs to happen more rapidly. They need an XP system that allows you to upgrade your character by significant margins.

Also, you take MASSIVE damage very quickly. But the bad guys have poor aim...so I guess it evens out?

So far, nicely acted game. Great story. It's enjoyable. If the RPG system was two to three levels better, this game might be a top of all time. It has metroidvania elements where you must backtrack after getting 'upgrades' or 'clearance' which is cool. People who like that will need to keep a notepad (digital or otherwise) to remember all the stuff.

I like all the little minor notes and game lore. It's satisfying.

So, yeah, it's fun to telekinesis shit and throw it at bad guys. When you get good at engaging enemies, you can just monstrously roll over enemies while feeling like you're dodging bullets. Makes you feel like a super powered Neo from The Matrix. smile

Elex

Hidden gem. Reminds me of KotOR. A lot. But better in some ways. Obviously, not being a AAA title, it lacks the obvious polish bigger games have.

But the upgrade system is AWESOME. It finally has an RPG upgrade system that is quite nice. Reminds me of New Vegas but it has it's own little system.

Guys, you need to understand: the game is sometimes shit because it is not a AAA title. But it's built well enough that it doesn't ruin the experience.

If you liked KotOR, I highly recomend picking up this game. It's a better RPG system than KotOR. Mirrors New Vegas a bit but has it's own little twist. You can pick "power sets" from 3 different factions that each have their own benefits.

I haven't gotten very deep into the game but I already exploited it to harvest tons of attribute points. It requires a TON of attribute points to max out so you'll have to specialize in an area.

One thing I don't like is you have to visit trainers to train up some of your abilities. Just let me upgrade form the damn menu, bitches!

Some of the side quests are fun and the characters are fun.

Like the little b*tch I am, I just can't play as an evil character.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 06:52 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Good reviews ddm. I really enjoyed Doom, Horizon and Control.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 07:07 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

So some huge news today. Microsoft bought zenimax. Owners of a bunch of studios, including Bethesda, makers of Fallout and the Elder Scrolls games and id software, makers of Doom. All these titles will likely be Xbox exclusive from now on.

Really huge move by MS.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 05:08 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
So some huge news today. Microsoft bought zenimax. Owners of a bunch of studios, including Bethesda, makers of Fallout and the Elder Scrolls games and id software, makers of Doom. All these titles will likely be Xbox exclusive from now on.

Really huge move by MS.

It will be PC and XBOX exclusive, then. smile

That's winning.

But Studio 343 complained about MS's creative control interference for the Halo series which contributed to the break-away. So not so sure I want MS having control over that stuff?

Perhaps a "Fallout 76" won't happen again? Guess that's good.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 05:17 PM
BackFire

343 Studios is still with MS. They’re making the new Halo game.

Are you referring to Bungie?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 05:18 PM
dadudemon

343 Studios is still with MS. They’re making the new Halo game.

Are you referring to Bungie?

Yes. Bungie.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 05:25 PM
BackFire

I don’t take Bungie’s word very seriously. They left MS, joined activision, then left them while ****ing yo their own game and pushing out veteran employees like Marty O’Donnel and the main writer of the Halo games. I think they just left MS because they didn’t want to risk being stuck making nothing but Halo games.

From all I’ve heard MS is a very nice company to work for. Studios usually like it because they give a lot of creative freedom while having tons of money at their disposal.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 06:02 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you guys know Rocket League is free to play on Epic, indefinitely.

Always wanted to try it, but not bad enough to pay because I normally suck at multiplayer games.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 01:24 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good reviews ddm. I really enjoyed Doom, Horizon and Control.

Doom was frustrating me until I got the rail gun charge up thing.

No idea why everyone said the Super Shotgun was the only gun worth using, when you have that OP option.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 01:27 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
I've been playing the following games:

Doom (2016)

Horizon Zero Dawn

Control (just released)

Elex

Doom (2016)

Pretty good. Feels very much "on rails." I've been spoiled with open world games. After thinking about it, I realized I was feeling bored due to the fact that I am expecting an open world game. But that's not how Doom games are supposed to be. I do enjoy the RPG elements of the game. That's a very nice touch. It would be great if they open worlded the game, however. I would enjoy that much more. They could still make "strongholds" and "nests" very much "on the rails" like old doom games. Overall, I give it a 6 out of 10. Great sound. Wonderful music. Graphics are great. It's VERY smooth - absolutely love how smooth it is like the old Doom games. I don't like the weapons - they are too underpowered and slow. But, it's Doom - you don't get end game weapons until...mid game or end game. smile

If you're a fan of Doom games, pick this game up and you'll enjoy it. If you like more open world FPS RPG games, you'll be super frustrated.

Horizon Zero Dawn

This game is enjoyable but only in small bursts. I get bored very quickly with the game after about an hour of game play. Also, the stealth elements of the game need to be vastly improved. It feels like it's 8 months away from being finish. Well, the entire game feels that way. Clipping errors, animation errors, stealth needs to be vastly improved, missions feel a bit disjointed, the RPG system is very shallow, etc.

However, it's still a great game. It's VERY enjoyable to take down giant machines. I like crit-hitting the mega monster machines and watching them fall apart or die in a few short hits.

Combat is hit or miss, though. Sometimes, I'm super mega Aloy (main character) with amazing perfect execution against the enemies. I do it sooo so very smoothly and look like a pro. Other times, it just falls apart. It's just disjointed and executing this move or that move doesn't work. When it works, it's great. When it doesn't, it's just fail. You have to play the game to understand. If I was Aloy, I'd be dodging far more deftly against an attacking Sawtooth and aiming my spear right for the vital spots. But..you just don't have that option. And the "execute critical" is random, as well - you can be standing RIGHT next to a disabled bot and you have to keep jumping, running, and moving JUST to get the prompt on the screen to execute the bot with the finisher. Super frustrating. Especially if you're surrounding but other super strong bots and you're just wanting to quickly kill, run, kill, execute, kil, etc.

If the stealth system was vastly improved, you'd have a winner. Deux Ex Machina Human Revolution executed stealth kills PERFECTLY. It was extremely satisfying to complete an entire mission with 100% stealth kills. You could drag the bodies into hidden rooms that did not have patrols so avoid alerting guards and enemies. In Horizon Zero Dawn...it's all just a large massive open field. Always. You can get 1-3 stealth kills before enemies notice. You can snipe. Sometimes, you can clean out entire herds or groups of enemies before being noticed. But other times, they get alerted, scatter, or start looking for you.

Some of the missions which require stealth or berserker running ( you can choose) just DON'T work. It's super frustrating. Clearing out bandit camps can sometimes feel stupid. I mark all of them, learn their patrol paths, and kill guards strategically to alert others to see the dead body. Then I kill. Sometimes this works. Other times, they just randomly run right up to you hiding and get alerted.

Here's why I see stealth as such a poorly executed part of the game: in other games that do it well, the patrol paths are planned expertly to cover all visible areas BUT also allow the player to slowly take out the guards/bad guys one by one WITHOUT alerting the others. You can clean up the area as you kill. But because they did stealth so poorly in Horizon Zero Dawn, it's just a immaturely placed open "stage" that has no real planning and not real stealth element. Just kill as many as you can and maybe get lucky. Maybe you have to berserk it after alerting.

Anyway, I wrote so much about this game because I've been playing it off and on so much. It's frustrating because it is right there on the edge of being this incredibly amazing game.

Don't get me started on the SJW bullshit in the game where every character is some random ethnicity in a post apocalyptic world. And the not-so-subtle virtue signaling they like to do in every other mission.

Control

Fun game. Heady. Reminds me of the old Eternal Darkness game. The environments change. It's a game where the world is phased into another world and there are spooky magic elements. Imagine the ever changing Hogwarts Castle but on steroids.

Upgrades to your character and gun are too far in between. Far too sparce. Needs to happen more rapidly. They need an XP system that allows you to upgrade your character by significant margins.

Also, you take MASSIVE damage very quickly. But the bad guys have poor aim...so I guess it evens out?

So far, nicely acted game. Great story. It's enjoyable. If the RPG system was two to three levels better, this game might be a top of all time. It has metroidvania elements where you must backtrack after getting 'upgrades' or 'clearance' which is cool. People who like that will need to keep a notepad (digital or otherwise) to remember all the stuff.

I like all the little minor notes and game lore. It's satisfying.

So, yeah, it's fun to telekinesis shit and throw it at bad guys. When you get good at engaging enemies, you can just monstrously roll over enemies while feeling like you're dodging bullets. Makes you feel like a super powered Neo from The Matrix. smile

Elex

Hidden gem. Reminds me of KotOR. A lot. But better in some ways. Obviously, not being a AAA title, it lacks the obvious polish bigger games have.

But the upgrade system is AWESOME. It finally has an RPG upgrade system that is quite nice. Reminds me of New Vegas but it has it's own little system.

Guys, you need to understand: the game is sometimes shit because it is not a AAA title. But it's built well enough that it doesn't ruin the experience.

If you liked KotOR, I highly recomend picking up this game. It's a better RPG system than KotOR. Mirrors New Vegas a bit but has it's own little twist. You can pick "power sets" from 3 different factions that each have their own benefits.

I haven't gotten very deep into the game but I already exploited it to harvest tons of attribute points. It requires a TON of attribute points to max out so you'll have to specialize in an area.

One thing I don't like is you have to visit trainers to train up some of your abilities. Just let me upgrade form the damn menu, bitches!

Some of the side quests are fun and the characters are fun.

Like the little b*tch I am, I just can't play as an evil character.

If you like bullet hells, pick up Shapes and Beats at a good sale.

Playing it now, and its awesome. They somehow make squares emote better then characters in most AAA games.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 02:49 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

would you believe i still haven't unlocked the yamato? mad

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 09:10 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

How bout the Bismarck

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 09:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Isn't looking for Gamers a code in cottaging? Don't know how I know that!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 09:15 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Robtard
How bout the Bismarck

i don't have any level 7 battleships. you have to invest too much time, and they're a pain in the ass because unless you completely dominate you end up earning little/no/negative credits.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 09:17 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I was just goofing, I've not played that game and just threw out the name "Bismarck" as I suspected it'd be high ranking.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 09:21 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Isn't looking for Gamers a code in cottaging? Don't know how I know that!

Sure you don't!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 09:22 PM