KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Looking for Gamers

Looking for Gamers
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (36): « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 32 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Grind. I find the best thing to do in these games when you hit a wall it to level up several times rather than waste your time repeatedly dying and getting very frustrated. Or just summon a phantom to help.
^ Scrub.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 09:32 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

A successful run with the Gunship. That makes one completed run for each of the ships.

Overall, I'd say the Gunship is well earned as "Hard mode", compared to the other ships. Maneuverability is simply too important in Everspace, limiting runs to a very specific setup to cover that weakness (You MUST have a front shield generator. You MUST have an an engine booster or engine overdrive. And frankly, some of the mods like the one that resets your armor every jump, at the cost of cutting it in half, are almost mandatory as well) I managed alright, managed to take out a Frigate and tons of Elite Corvettes.

It was a fun run, but not my last run. Ended up missing one DNA fragment, at an Ancient Structure, because I couldn't find the Clone and didn't want to risk spoiling my run dying to the Ancient Warden. I also assumed I jumped to the wrong location, not having found the clone anywhere.)

So, this should be the final run of the main campaign. I know I don't want to do Gunship again.. Scouts only really fun if you use the mod that lets you attack while cloaked, but that feels kind of like a cheat. So either Interceptor or Sentinel... Leaning towards Interceptor. Better selection of weapons, three weapon slots instead of one (Weapons that specialize do more dps, over an all 'rounder), and only one less device slot as a trade off.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2020 03:55 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Almost had it. Fell to a noob trap.

Had the Interceptor, no mod run. Was virtually unstoppable, until the true final boss.

A colonial warship. Same type that jumps in on a timer. It's set up like a puzzle game where you need to activate turrets surround the battlefield, the same way you activate everything else (Hacking). You do this while fending off an endless wave of fighters released intermittently.

Rather easy.

The big warship also has a super beam cannon on a timer, that is unavoidable, and that you need to take cover from. This is what got me. I thought I was keeping an eye on the timer, but evidently not close enough.

So now I'm defaulting to plan B, or as I like to call it "Screw you guys, I'm going home."

Scout, modded to allow attacks while cloaked, with infinite energy enhancement, with finger always on fully charged shock cannon. Plus time extender, Scouts natural speed, and other goodies.

Scout is easy mode in general, because it's so maneuverable, infinite energy and cloak ambush is overkill. Not that I need them to win, I just stopped caring about doing it right, and am now opting to do it fast to finish it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:01 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was playing an rpg last night and I was near the end of a tough fight and was winning and you can assign abilities, etc. to numbers 1-9 on the keyboard so I went to use a spell I had set to the 8 key. However, in my haste I accidentally hit the F8 key instead of the 8 key.

F8 reloads your latest save...

Old Post Nov 19th, 2020 10:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Elite Dangerous free on Epic Games.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 08:50 PM
ares834

Originally posted by NemeBro
^ Scrub.

Oh definitely. I suck ass at those games. And I won't touch PVP with a ten foot pole.

"A Dark Spirit has inva-"

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 09:00 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Ah, nothing like starting out in Dark Souls 1 and getting invaded in the first area by a guy in full Ornstein armour with a lightning uchigatana +5.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2020 09:14 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Never got to experience that even when it was popular on the 360.

Tbh though, not sure if I'd like getting crushed by randoms. Plenty of other things to kill you offline.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 01:04 AM
cdtm

Elite Dangerous giveaway on Epic ends Thursday, fyi.

Neme, if you like getting ganked by invaders in Dark Souls, Elite has an "Open" mode where pirates and griefers ruin 12 hours of mining or exploration.

Me, I'll probably stick to Solo mode. smile (Mainly because the fatal flaw of Elite's pvp system is mixing end game level gankers in with low/mid level grinders. At least Dark Souls tries to put in level limits for who gets to invade whome)

Last edited by cdtm on Nov 24th, 2020 at 03:59 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2020 03:55 PM
cdtm

They have some really great sales for shmup lovers.

If you like "bullet hfil's" at all, Crimzon Clover is around two bucks, and said to be one of the best.

Raiden IV is also about 2-3 dollars at the moment.

I bought them both, plus a little Wonder Swan gem called Judgement Silver Sword.

Revolver360 is another one with a really good rep, for 2 dollars, but I don't know.. Three should be more then enough, considering the effort it takes to learn just one.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 10:51 PM
cdtm

Crimzon Clover is the only must buy.

Raiden IV bores me to tears. The other two shooters I bought, I returned one and am waiting on the second refund (I haven't been denied yet, but am worried at the lack of response.)

Anyways, here it is:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/...WORLD_IGNITION/

2.49 is a steal for this game. It's like the best of Cave shooters rolled into one fantastic effort.

Switch has it too, btw.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2020 11:14 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Anyone played the Resident Evil 2 remake? Tempted to buy it as I loved that game and it's difficult to see how they could mess it up.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2020 02:29 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by samhain
Anyone played the Resident Evil 2 remake? Tempted to buy it as I loved that game and it's difficult to see how they could mess it up.

It's even better with mods:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_9BwXOFCNPo

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2020 02:53 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Yeah, you're not getting mods like that on a console.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2020 01:05 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've been playing Steamworld Dig 2 on Switch and I really like it.

Black Friday sale made it only a couple of dollars.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2020 01:27 AM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some good news, one of the games I've talked about a lot on here is free next week(Tyranny). Pillars of Eternity is also free:

Epic Games Store Makes Two Massive Obsidian RPGs Free Next Week

The trailer:

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 4th, 2020 at 09:26 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 09:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I played the first PoE and Tyranny. I downloaded PoE II long ago, not played it though

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 09:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Both are good games

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 09:28 PM
cdtm

Looks right up my alley.

Wish there was a way to play the Dreamcast classic, without owning a Dreamcast and the overpriced game.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2020 02:16 AM
cdtm

So if you're gaming on a laptop, do you prefer using it as a laptop, or plugging it into a tv and treating it like a console.

I normally do the latter, but some games aren't really designed for it (Looking at you, Dragon Age Origins)

And before someone asks, yes, I have a wireless keyboard, and I refuse to touch that thing (Don't ask)

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 11:30 PM