KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » All-Sith Sidious & All-Jedi Rey vs. The Son

All-Sith Sidious & All-Jedi Rey vs. The Son
Started by: Sheev

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

I think it was a Lucas quote.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 04:54 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I think it was a Lucas quote.
Yes, It was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGeZ6rrjLAw

Old Post Feb 25th, 2021 04:57 PM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Oh shit, you right.

So then it goes to 'Unverifiably high' instead of 200%.

Anakin's never been an epic level/cosmic Force user on average, so tapping his potential has always been a slippery slope argument. This is a guy who at his maddest couldn't out-TK Obi-Wan, the same Obi-Wan that Dooku ragdolled without a second thought, but in Insert X he can fight avatars of the Force itself.

GL was dumb to make Anakin the Chosen One. It provided a lot of fandumb and didn't enhance the storytelling. He should have focused on other issues, like the rampant child murder that retroactively makes his redemption in ROTJ seem hollow.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
They made a new SW Versus forum if you wanna join:
https://www.suspectinsightforums.com/

I don't go there much because much the SW versus people are literally certifiably insane and toxic these days.

I just checked the top four threads in that place and it's basically "VADER SOLOS" or "KI ADI MUNDI ONE SHOTS".

That's KMC 2005 era.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 03:10 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Inedian
And she can't tap into Anakin potential. It's upon Anakin how much he would want to empower her in certain monents, it completely depends on him. Like in RoS, she didn't tap into anything, she was empowered by Jedis enough to take Sheev down.
Given the stakes, would it have made sense for Anakin to have lent Rey anything less than his full power?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 03:26 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

It's not like Rey received the power of alive full potential Anakin. She received power from force ghost Anakin who we have no ideea how powerful is.

Besides that, we don't even know how all the jedi stuff works.
We know she was empowered by the jedi of the past, but we don't know what that means exactly and how much of their power she got.

TROS was such a mess.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Yoda was casually summoning lightning as a force ghost and Luke TK'd an x-wing.

I don't think their power as a ghost diminishes. I'd think the opposite actually.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Neither of these feats tell us anything about their power compared compared to how power hey were alive.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 04:35 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Yoda never summoned lighting with a finger flick while he was alive.

That's a Bendu level ft.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 05:01 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

It's a cool feat but not Bendu level. It's also unquantifiable

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 05:44 PM
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

From what I can remember.There is no evidence force ghosts are less powerful than when they were living
And the movies seem suggesting/implying theyre still as powerful as before imo

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 05:48 PM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

We have seen natural lightning summoned 3 times in canon.

-By Bendu
-By Yoda
-By someone in the Rise of Kylo Ren (maybe Snoke, maybe Sidious, maybe Kylo himself).

It's a huge feat. Something that Yoda never did anything comparable to while he was alive.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 05:50 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
From what I can remember.There is no evidence force ghosts are less powerful than when they were living
And the movies seem suggesting/implying theyre still as powerful as before imo
They are part of the cosmic force itself as ghosts.

If anything it would make more sense for them to be MORE powerful then they were while alive.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 05:51 PM
Darthadi

But that is just speculation. We have no ideea about how powerful they are.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 06:02 PM
Darthadi

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
We have seen natural lightning summoned 3 times in canon.

-By Bendu
-By Yoda
-By someone in the Rise of Kylo Ren (maybe Snoke, maybe Sidious, maybe Kylo himself).

It's a huge feat. Something that Yoda never did anything comparable to while he was alive.

Yoda burned a tree. Not comparable with the other 2 or even super impressive at all. Lifting a mountain in the comics or matching ROTS Sidious are much better feats.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 06:04 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Darthadi
But that is just speculation. We have no ideea about how powerful they are.

Yes we do. Qui-Gon had Yoda completely paralysed when he first communes with him.

Ergo Qui-Gons force ghost is more powerful than a living Yoda.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 07:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yes we do. Qui-Gon had Yoda completely paralysed when he first communes with him.

Ergo Qui-Gons force ghost is more powerful than a living Yoda.

When was that? I don't remember anything like that.
If you refer to the moment when Jinn lifted Yoda in the meditation room that doesn't prove anything. Yoda was not trying to opose him.

Last edited by Darthadi on Feb 26th, 2021 at 08:32 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 08:28 PM
Inedian

Originally posted by Galan007
Given the stakes, would it have made sense for Anakin to have lent Rey anything less than his full power?

It wouldn't make sense. Anakin never reached his real power, but did his job... Rey received enough power to do her job. If The Son would need to be taken down then The Son would go down. It's just others aren't even needed then and The Son looses and it would be Anakin Rey vs The Son.

When i was watching RoS in cinema, i wished Anakin to come and take Sheev down once and for all and to finally show Anakin in his glory. I also read that Abrams initially wanted to make The Son the main antagonist in new Star Wars but then changed to Sheev.

And it was such a mess anyway, but seeing such pathetic power level in RoS compared to the Ones, i don't think it has anything to do with full power Anakin or a level close to the Ones.

About force ghost... it doesn't diminish anything... it's just that they live in subtle body, but it's still them with their power. Maybe someone like Anakin or any force user could bring his all power in his subtle body, since they wouldn't be limited to material body and could release all their inner power. I would think being a force ghost would make you more free.

Last edited by Inedian on Feb 26th, 2021 at 08:38 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

You can call The Ones "entities" all you want, but they were ultimately just very powerful Force users.

The Father = peak Anakin, and the Son and Daughter were somewhere lower down the totem pole.

I don't really see how Sidious with the power of all Sith, and Rey with the power of all Jedi wouldn't be beyond the Son.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 01:16 PM
Darthadi

Very powerful force users who can tear the very fabric of the universe*.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 03:43 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

You could argue that Sidious was tearing the fabric of the universe when he was forcing his way into TWBW without a gateway.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 03:46 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote