KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Stargirl on the CW

Stargirl on the CW
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Nice, another crossover appearance.

The last episode was pretty cool. Liked where it was going with Rick and Grundy, unfortunate as that ending was.

I haven’t gotten around to the latest ep. yet, but I do like Grundy so now I’m kinda stoked.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2021 05:05 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Nice, another crossover appearance.

The last episode was pretty cool. Liked where it was going with Rick and Grundy, unfortunate as that ending was.

Damn that was a ****ed up ep!
The JSA is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: down to a guy in a mecha that’s not up and running, a kid who’s not a front line fighter, and a girl whose main weapon is on the fritz.
You we’re right about Rick and Grundy, that was really nice, at first. Freaking Eclipso though, he was really pushing on the old [SPOILER - highlight to read]: racist/sexist buttons w. Beth. It’s like, the writers are going, “how do we make this mind raping child murdering monster even more unlikable? Wait, I’ve GOT it”!

I loved how Courtney still managed to look Star Girl-y even w.out her costume. big grin

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 08:56 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, Eclipso lost me with that shit. A cool villain in his debut episode, and then they just have him do that.

Kinda weird too how he's focused on upsetting the balance of the team and breaking it apart when he already showed himself powerful enough to take them out on their best day.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 09:32 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah, Eclipso lost me with that shit. A cool villain in his debut episode, and then they just have him do that.

Kinda weird too how he's focused on upsetting the balance of the team and breaking it apart when he already showed himself powerful enough to take them out on their best day.

Either he’s not as powerful as we’ve been led to believe or, he really likes playing w. his food…

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2021 11:28 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Not really he was vastly weakened at the end of that first fight after Courtney hit him with the cosmic staff energy and he drained it. If you remember almost straight away the eclipse ended (he clearly no longer had the power to maintain it and he's stronger in darkness in the comics). He also limped every time he stepped into a beam ofnlight and then walked normally in the shadow. Finally he retreated into his Bruce Jnr form that I assumed he needed to do to regenerate his power.

In the early episodes he casts minor illusions to make people do dark acts and with each grows stronger. Then he can manifest and kick their collective asses with ease. Then gets hit with the strongest light source around (cosmo) and is weakened again but probably a little more powerful than he was just acting from within the diamond. As he does these things to the JLA he's growing in strength from their inner darkness. Building back up to be the same level for the finally that he was mid way.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2021 02:34 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Ah, guess it makes sense with that in perspective.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2021 03:43 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ah, guess it makes sense with that in perspective.

Yeah it does; great observations.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2021 09:06 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Yeah think back to the company wide cross over event where Eclipso was the big bad. Many heroes throughout DCU had found shards of the heart of darkness and he had possessed many heroes. He had been working from the dark side of the moon (for most power) and I think he also brought an eclipse (might be missremembering).

Will Peyton Starman sacrificed himself and went Nova releasing ALL his star energy at once that vastly weakened Eclipso and gave the heroes the win.

So in this story we have Eclipso not at that peak of power also take ALL the solar energy of Courtney's staff (hence why it's depowered and slowly rebuilding power). He has to be likewise weakened.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2021 11:56 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Y'know I had envisioned Jade returning with her brother Obsidian just in time to face the recovered Eclipso. But as no where lists a casting decision for Obsidian for season 2 and we do have a casting decision for Jakeem it could just be Jakeem just discovers his power in time for the final showdown. During the battle with Eclipso he hears Courtney wish Jen (or green Lanterns daugter) was here he makes the wish and brings Jade into the battle. Her and Courtney poor it on with light based power and Bam Eclipso is forced back into the diamond because he is so weak

Old Post Oct 4th, 2021 12:15 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 4th, 2021 03:53 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Catching up on the last couple of eps as I’d fallen behind.

No complaints, this season is going well, and feels like a horror movie at times.

One thing that somewhat throws me off is the characterization of the original JSA. Though it makes sense as far as the story that’s being told, seeing them act like snobby elitist pricks is kinda off putting.

The whole speak when spoken to/you’re just a sidekick/mechanic/you don’t get a vote attitude they all seem to have is pretty shitty.

They somehow even manage to look down on Johnny Thunder, a normal guy who controls a genie, which is really no different than a normal guy w. a magic ring or a normal guy w. a cosmic staff.

On the plus side, the flashbacks give me a chance to see Wildcat who looks like he stepped out of the comic. SO much better than the lame ass Arrow version from back in 2012.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 05:13 PM
riv6672

Mamie Eisenhower was a FREAK! laughing

Old Post Oct 19th, 2021 08:49 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The show took a CW turn to shit very suddenly.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2021 01:39 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Oh snap, I posted in the wrong thread. My bad!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2021 09:09 PM
riv6672

Man I can’t wait for the finale. Very pumped!

For all the great moments they crammed into the penultimate ep, like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Shade possibly being alive, dark goo invading the GL Ring, Pat going to his dark side, angsty Yolanda, Shiv as a proper house guest AND getting Yolanda on board, Dr. McNider and Beth teaming up, Eclipso setting everyone up like a boss… the one burning question I came away w. was, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: how many ****ing dishes do Jakeem’s family go through in one meal? That was A LOT of dishes.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2021 10:27 AM
riv6672

Man what a great finale!

Without going into detail, the fight scenes were VERY well done, the character interaction was superb, the twists, reveals, saves and fails…all great.

The next season teasers really got me excited.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2021 12:12 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

some episodes were better then others.. the season finale was pretty good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 5th, 2021 03:19 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh yeah, forget to comment on here, but this finale for me was pretty much a 10.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2021 03:46 AM
riv6672

Whelp, guess the current season is the final season.

https://deadline.com/2022/10/dcs-st...1235158715/amp/

Luckily Geoff Johns was a step ahead and filmed two different final eps, one in case of renewal and one not.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2022 10:01 PM
Darth Thor

^ Clever Geoff.

Shame as is a fun show. Very Cobra Kai’ish.

But better this than it drags on like The Flash and Arrow did (although it does have much shorter seasons so probably wouldnt have dragged that bad).

Old Post Nov 1st, 2022 10:13 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote