KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Stargirl on the CW

Stargirl on the CW
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I really hope the end of the third episode means things really start to take off, and the pacing can improve.

I'm really liking the dynamic between Pat and Courtney though. The whole "mentor trying to explain that being a superhero is actually dangerous" thing is being done better in this show than it has in other superhero shows, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 12:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

3rd show was okay... amy smart is old now lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 02:31 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

No way really lol

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 08:47 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
I really hope the end of the third episode means things really start to take off, and the pacing can improve.

I'm really liking the dynamic between Pat and Courtney though. The whole "mentor trying to explain that being a superhero is actually dangerous" thing is being done better in this show than it has in other superhero shows, imo.

I'm surprised you thinknthe pacing is slow. RL friends who watch the show have concerns that the pacing is way to fast compared to other shows made for streaming services (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Titans, Doom Patrol, Defenders). I mean the show was made for DCU and only soldnto CE as a deal when almost fully produced. When you compare it to all other shows specifically made for a streaming service it has break net pacing speeds in the plot.

Thus far, I'm really enjoying it. I do hope Courtney gets herself into a bit more trouble due to her reckless go at it attitude and needs Pat to save her again as a means of reigning in the exuberant spirit just a little. Though honestly its true to character as she was written in the 90s JSA.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2020 11:33 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by beatboks
I'm surprised you thinknthe pacing is slow. RL friends who watch the show have concerns that the pacing is way to fast compared to other shows made for streaming services (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Titans, Doom Patrol, Defenders). I mean the show was made for DCU and only soldnto CE as a deal when almost fully produced. When you compare it to all other shows specifically made for a streaming service it has break net pacing speeds in the plot.

Thus far, I'm really enjoying it. I do hope Courtney gets herself into a bit more trouble due to her reckless go at it attitude and needs Pat to save her again as a means of reigning in the exuberant spirit just a little. Though honestly its true to character as she was written in the 90s JSA.

My main issue is with the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: time it's taking to start building the new JSA. I was initially worried that it was going to take longer, but episode 3's end make me feel like I might have been prematurely concerned.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 02:21 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Yeah well episode 4 is titles Wildcat and 5 is titled Hourman and Dr Midnight. So I guess by ep 6 we'll have our Jnr JSA

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt8722888/episodes/?season=1

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 02:07 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

thumb up

Sounds good. I look forward to the training montages.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 04:04 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Yeah well episode 4 is titles Wildcat and 5 is titled Hourman and Dr Midnight. So I guess by ep 6 we'll have our Jnr JSA

lets hope the shows are actually good and not predictable

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 06:45 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Nice!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2020 09:46 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Ok I'd likento know where this youtuber gets his information from.

https://youtu.be/JgKj3ioQ-ao

According to him Alan Scot and Dr Fate are alive in the current day. If so why are their talismans in JSA HQ.
Also how the hell does he know that said HQ was Starman's mansion?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2020 10:13 PM
riv6672

No idea on your questions, sorry.

I watched the latest ep earlier today and liked it though, bittersweet parts and all.
Some nice future conflicts got set up, and, Courtney at the end was perfectly in character.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2020 11:25 PM
riv6672

Y’know, thinking deep thoughts as I was pooping a while ago, there’s no reason it couldn’t be Starman’s mansion.
He was old money to begin w., hence the Chauffer and what not. This is a Star-centric show, so Courtney getting her own Batcave is in line w. things.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 12:10 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

...How on Earth did nobody get in trouble for leaking that picture. Like, seriously.

The tech/suits having the powers is a good idea though. I like it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 05:13 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by riv6672
No idea on your questions, sorry.

I watched the latest ep earlier today and liked it though, bittersweet parts and all.
Some nice future conflicts got set up, and, Courtney at the end was perfectly in character.

will i like the new ep lol

im gonna watch later tonight

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 06:28 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
will i like the new ep lol

im gonna watch later tonight

It had some good character development for Yolanda but the convenience of how easily she becomes wildcat and the predictability that is flowing from that were a bit of a let down.

@Pr I'm not so sure the suit is tech and not magic (or maybe the mask is magic)

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 10:57 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It had some good character development for Yolanda but the convenience of how easily she becomes wildcat and the predictability that is flowing from that were a bit of a let down.

@Pr I'm not so sure the suit is tech and not magic (or maybe the mask is magic)

yeah, tech or magic. i just meant that it wasn't like wildcat was going to have to train for years to be semi-useful.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 11:39 PM
riv6672

This reminds me of the Spongebob ep where the gang takes on the identities of Mermaid Man’s old team, The International Justice League of Super Acquaintances, because the powers were in the costumes...

Old Post Jun 9th, 2020 08:54 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

finally a pretty good episode..

Old Post Jun 10th, 2020 02:13 AM
riv6672

You know, as a parent myself, I gotta say, Yolanda’s mom, dad, and even her grandma, can all suck a bagful of Dicks for that huge guilt trip they’re laying on her. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 08:50 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Not everyone can be blessed with a loving family, but how Courtney helped her overcome her plight was a feelgood moment.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 10:48 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote