KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Stargirl on the CW

Stargirl on the CW
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Not everyone can be blessed with a loving family, but how Courtney helped her overcome her plight was a feelgood moment.

Yeah, I can’t wait till they end up kissing...

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 01:41 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Loved the new episode.
So glad they didnt just have Courtney hand out the JSA artifacts but had some just taken, or the artifact find its own new user.

It was predictable that Beth would do somethingnlikenshe did but it was done differently than I anticipated, enough that thè predicability was acceptable. The way that Rick was chosen, just made sense.

I also love tue totally different attitudes of all of them.

Cant wait for Pat to address Courtney over his finding next episode

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 01:01 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I haven’t seen the new ep. yet, but from what I hear I’m gonna like it a lot!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 05:59 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I really liked it, personally.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 01:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

latest ep was predictable but all right.

not sure why they made pat a dunce so hopefully that plays out much better by the season finale.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 08:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I don’t see Pat as a dunce, more like, a bit over his head.
He certainly didn’t plan on any of this stuff he’s having to deal with!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 08:53 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by -Pr-
...How on Earth did nobody get in trouble for leaking that picture. Like, seriously.

I thought that too, if Courtney is 15 then we're to assume Yolanda is 15 also, but I suppose writers put things like that in to perhaps dissuade young girls from doing it IRL rather than make sense to the rest of us.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 11:56 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So is this in the Arrowverse?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 04:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Surtur
So is this in the Arrowverse?

Stargirl is set on a new Earth-2, created during the CRISIS crossover. So yes, it’s IN the Arrowverse, it would just take a little dimension hopping to get there.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 06:22 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

is it good?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 09:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

It seems a fine planet, yes!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 09:54 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

*shaking fist in your general direction* got me you scoundrel

but no is the show itself of fine quality?!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 10:17 PM
riv6672

I like it!

AKA it’s a fun show w. a high geek factor. The special effects are solid, too. The Cosmic Staff comes off as it’s own character, and the Stripe armor looks good.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 11:48 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Surtur
is it good?

I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought, it has an almost movielike quality about it with the lighting and cinematography. The characters seem quite well thought out, Stargirl is quite impulsive and naive, but I prefer characters with flaws as opposed to the 'I'm always right, even when I'm wrong' shtick that you get with a lot of superheroes. The step-brother is a suitable 13 year old perma-douche who needs a slap in the teeth also.

I hope they don't go the route of killing off Luke Wilson by the season's end, I think he has a lot to offer this show.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2020 02:02 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Man, I really want a pair of those goggles!

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 08:56 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain
I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought, it has an almost movielike quality about it with the lighting and cinematography. The characters seem quite well thought out, Stargirl is quite impulsive and naive, but I prefer characters with flaws as opposed to the 'I'm always right, even when I'm wrong' shtick that you get with a lot of superheroes. The step-brother is a suitable 13 year old perma-douche who needs a slap in the teeth also.

I hope they don't go the route of killing off Luke Wilson by the season's end, I think he has a lot to offer this show.
Agreed on all counts, shows like this Titans, DP and the boys are better than the movies for me and certainly magnitudes better than the unwatchable CW shit or lostmen, I mean watch lost or whatever that show was intended to be.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 11:36 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Agreed on all counts, shows like this Titans, DP and the boys are better than the movies for me and certainly magnitudes better than the unwatchable CW shit or lostmen, I mean watch lost or whatever that show was intended to be.

I hear mixed things about Watchmen so I'm still on the fence about watching it.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2020 01:53 AM
riv6672

It’s not bad, really.

Beats the hell out of reading Doomsday Clock. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2020 02:14 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Another good episode. Actually looking forward to the next one already.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2020 04:15 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

This week's episode was great.
Good action sequences, and I'm glad they went the way they did.
Loved that end sequence with Pat, both with how the kids were impressed by his mech and how the comversation went between him and Courtney 👍👍👍

I'm reaching the point where I can't wait for the next ep each week

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2020 08:39 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote