KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Stargirl on the CW

Stargirl on the CW
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
They got it reversed.

It's heat based villians who logically wouln't be bothered by a steaming plate of dumplings. Mr. Freeze couldn't stand room temperature.

Unless the parts making direct contact cooled off the heated areas.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 01:34 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

They got it reversed.

It's heat based villians who logically wouln't be bothered by a steaming plate of dumplings. Mr. Freeze couldn't stand room temperature.

Mister Freeze isn't really like Icicle. Icicle is more like Iceman in that he would be cold enough to cool down the parts of the bowl he's touching without fear of burning himself. It isn't the best clue they could have given Courtney, but it works imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 01:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Ha, my drunken ass was right! eek!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 01:53 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

To be fair, there have been plenty of times when "ice characters" get beaten by what is essentially room temperature, but Icicle is being written as being so powerful that I don't think anything other than a super-hot flamethrower like Heatwave would have, would even bother him.

If I was to guess, he might be the most powerful character in the show. We've yet to see Grundy at his peak, but still.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 01:59 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^*it makes me wonder how powerful The Shade will end up being, given he was so bad ass in the comics.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 03:26 AM
cdtm

Did you read James Robinson's run? That was the definitive Shade.

As good as Starman was, the only thing I'm never sure of about Robinson writing is his habit of inserting "preppie" hobbies everywhere.

Like a snake themed villian visits an antiques dealer, decked out in a trench coat and hat, and says in a terrifying voice "Hellllooooo. I colllect trannsssiiisstoor raadddioooos. Do yoouuu haaavvveev aannnnyyyyy?"

It was both interesting fir being different, and confusing because I can't identify in the slightest with collecting antiquities, and sure can't imagine a blood thirsty snake person having that passion.

Would be neat seeing it on the show though..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2020 01:14 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
Did you read James Robinson's run? That was the definitive Shade.

Agreed; like I said, just wondering how he’ll be adapted. Between Brainwave and Icicle, he’s going to need and be pretty formidable to contend.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2020 08:53 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

I very much doubt that we'll get to see Shade in the show (beyond the little shadow grabbing Dr Midnite we've already seen).

1. It was necessary to have a powerhouse like him and a plot device like the Fiddler as members of the ISA during the 10 years ago battle to add to Brainwave, Wizard, Grundy and Icicle to make the defeat and deaths of Alan, Fate, etc believable.

2. The reverse of that very thing is why they cant be with the bad guys now. If we still had Shade, Fiddler (at the full competency) and Wizard as well as the rest, the kids wouldnt sta d a chance. My guess is even BW Snr wont be back to full capacity by the time Jnr JSA take on the ISA.

As it currently stands we've had Sportsmaster confirm that mrs Fiddler isnt up to her hubbies level. Wizard is dead, BW is NOW recovering from coma. That only leaves Icicle and Grundy with any real powers vs the New JSA kids plus Stripe and (one hopes) Shining Knight. Justin should be able to make a decent fight for Sportsmaster and his wife. Stripe and Hourman can take Grundy (provided he plays along given they lock him up, but then he clearly played along vs Rex and Wizard's wifes car). Surely dr Autism (as Ive heard Midnite called) can take on Gambler in some tech/hacking battle. That leaves Court for Icicle and Yolanda for Black Dragon.

Having shade appear on either side upsets the valance too much

Old Post Jul 16th, 2020 12:12 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Nice reasoning (I agree w. most of it!), but I wasn’t thinking of him appearing this season for the final battle, but next season maybe, as a maybe yes/maybe no bad guy.
Shade works best as a tweener, but characterization aside, I just wonder about his power, because Brainwave and Icicle set a high bar!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2020 12:48 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

finally watched.. real good episode

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2020 02:51 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^ I have GOT to watch this today. Been busy slash waiting for a good time to enjoy it.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 09:13 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: shining knight is in next week's show i believe

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 06:38 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yes, i saw that, too! eek!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 10:12 PM
riv6672

Watched it again (w. the spouse this time) just a while ago.
Shiv’s comments from her cell cracked me up even more this time. What a little psycho! laughing

Old Post Jul 26th, 2020 02:00 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by riv6672
Watched it again (w. the spouse this time) just a while ago.
Shiv’s comments from her cell cracked me up even more this time. What a little psycho! laughing

shiv has been a pretty good break out character

Old Post Jul 26th, 2020 06:53 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

the shining knight was pretty good..

was waiting for [SPOILER - highlight to read]: jordan to finally find out courtney's secret

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 01:00 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
shiv has been a pretty good break out character

She was never this much fun in the comic!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 09:03 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

^^^ true

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 07:19 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
the shining knight was pretty good..

was waiting for [SPOILER - highlight to read]: jordan to finally find out courtney's secret

It didn't record, for some reason.

Looks like Stars and Stripes is scheduled, so no idea what happened.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2020 01:03 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

It didn't record, for some reason.

Looks like Stars and Stripes is scheduled, so no idea what happened.

God I hate when that happens! mad

Will you be able to see it by other means?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2020 08:57 AM