KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Zack Snyder's Justice League

Zack Snyder's Justice League
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (50): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That is not how that works champ

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 10:15 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

@Quan

Without Whedon, there wouldn't be JL at all.

Snyder excels at comics easily adapted to the screen (300 is a perfect example, he copies everything). He can't handle shared universes; he never could.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 10:16 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
@Quan

Snyder excels at comics easily adapted to the screen (300 is a perfect example, he copies everything). He can't handle shared universes; he never could.
I concur the Avengers is far better than any Snyder film but whedon with what time he had left put together a rushed and inferior film. Snyder will complete his vision. Whedon really did not have a chance considering the circumstances either. Warner Bros. is bad at universes but this is AT and T so let us hope it gets better moving forward.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 10:19 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If the power levers are drastically different we'll just have people end up specifying if they're using the Snyder versions of characters.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 10:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
That is not how that works champ
The JL no longer counts so it is off the books unless thread starter specifically includes non canon JL film.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 10:21 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

If the power levers are drastically different we'll just have people end up specifying if they're using the Snyder versions of characters.
It no longer counts. It will be ignored whedon went off the reservation. You could hope for better Superman feats but as it stands this film does not count unless specified. Not canon, kiddo.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 10:22 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

not sure why those speed feats bother u so much

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 11:07 PM
quanchi112
Disney

not sure why those speed feats bother u so much
They do not. I only argue canon versions. I am a man of principle after all. They no longer count.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 11:09 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can you link me to DC saying this movie takes over as canon?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2020 12:17 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Proof does not matter to you I learned that when I posted the definition of majority. If only you had a shred of common sense but alas you do not.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2020 01:04 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
@Quan

Zack Snyder made his rep by xeroxing already established properties.

Dawn Of The Dead was a remake.

300 was just doing the Sin City thing and literally putting what was drawn on the page on the big screen. Ditto for Watchmen, missing the fact that Watchmen was designed as a comic and that point should have been making a movie translation of it.

When he's got to find the story himself without a roadmap, he finds difficulties. Sucker Punch was an early warning of this.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 5th, 2020 08:47 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Snyder's cut can only become canon if they release it on the big screen, like how Blade Runner got replaced by The Director's Cut and The Final Cut.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2020 08:48 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

thumb up

Old Post Jul 5th, 2020 08:57 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

It’s not going to be very different anyways, it’s just a re-cut. There isn’t any new footage being shot.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2020 11:28 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Best thing to come out of this is that the DCAU no longer has to use any of the Snyder Looks or Shit in their Stuff. That blows the Doors off anything MCAU has done since Disney Took oVer.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2020 11:33 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Snyder says that to him, his version of JL is in a different continuity to the Whedon JL and the films that came after it. So, multiverse, basically:

https://www.ign.com/articles/justic...arate-from-dceu

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2020 03:19 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
Snyder says that to him, his version of JL is in a different continuity to the Whedon JL and the films that came after it. So, multiverse, basically:

laughing out loud

Oh I'll be rubbing that in to Quan.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2020 10:30 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by -Pr-

Attachment: boondocks-whatevernigga1.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Jul 25th, 2020 04:03 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
It’s not going to be very different anyways, it’s just a re-cut. There isn’t any new footage being shot.

There isn't?

Why he gathered the cast, then?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2020 04:11 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

None of this changes the fact that the DCEU has been in a holding pattern since the critical and commercial failure of this movie, and DC & Warners have been in some confusion about what to do next. They've already gotten rid of their older Batman and are replacing with with a Batman apparently from a different Earth. Are they eventually going to merge Earth's 1 & 2 together in a Crisis type event to get the right combination at last?

Justice League (as released by Joss Whedon) was a lumbering Frankenstein of muddled mediocrity, but let's not get revisionist about Zack Snyder and his history. Man Of Steel comes out in 2013 and gets polarizing reactions. I wouldn't have picked Snyder as director, but what I liked is how he was a director for hire and Christopher Nolan kept him on a tight leash.

Batman v. Superman comes out in early 2016, Nolan has moved on, and Snyder is doing whatever he wants. The reaction is way worse, and the film under performs relative to expectations. Snyder is already preparing to shoot Justice League by next month, and many fans are screaming to get him replaced before it's too late. DC & Warners decide it's already too late and move forward with him, but launch a pr campaign - Ben Affleck has also become Executive Producer and will supervise, they are going for a hopeful message with this one (they promise!)

Meanwhile, Suicide Squad comes out late that summer and is the worst DCEU film yet. People who have defended Zack Snyder to date as an overseer of the DCEU - like Grace Randolph - start to abandon him. Justice League increasing is giving everyone that sinking feeling.

Spring of 2017 - the film is in post production & Zack Snyder is off the project at last. The official story was he and wife need to deal with their daughter's suicide, but it's later revealed DC & Warners used this reason to get him off the movie because (surprise!) - no change had happened behind the scenes regarding a hopeful message, he had made the same kind of film he always makes. The studio sensed disaster, but then they made their biggest mistake yet - they didn't delay the movie. Because executives at Warners wouldn't get their bonuses from the upcoming merger with AT & T if the film didn't come out in 2017. So their attempt to save the movie helped doom it by forcing Joss Whedon into a mere six months of reshoots and post production.

So nobody won in this story. But let's remember how Zack Snyder was on the wrong track the whole time (and apparently enabled by Geoff Johns, who would quit - or forcibly made to resign - as a production executive for DC films going forward.) Do people remember when he said he thought they were building up to the Injustice universe? Or his idea about making Clark and Bruce's Martha the same woman? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2020 04:05 PM