KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Kylo Ren Respect Thread

Kylo Ren Respect Thread
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xPRIMEx

I never said it was the latter. But by saying that Luke and Vader also possess formidable lightsaber skills, that gives us an idea of what they mean. Otherwise its unquantifiable

Last edited by xPRIMEx on Jan 8th, 2021 at 02:06 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 01:55 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 02:00 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah. I mentioned this before, but in this instance there would have been no contextual reason to mention Kylo's saber skills in the same breath as those of Luke and Vader, if the intent wasn't to draw *some* sort of comparison between them.

And again: even if Kylo was in the same general tier as Luke/Vader as a swordsman, that doesn't mean he was equal to them.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 02:04 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

thumb up

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 02:07 AM
xPRIMEx

Just found a quote from Matt Marting saying that ROS Rey>ROTJ Luke in sabers.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 04:06 AM
Darth Thor

Sounds stupid.

But you mind giving an exact quote?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 08:15 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I wouldn't be surprised if a writter declared ROS Rey had a thicker c*ck than Luke

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 08:35 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

He also said ROTJ Luke is nowhere near Vader or Anakin
His tweets are not an official source anyway.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 09:49 AM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darthadi

Well then it has no relation to how good Kylo is anyway.

Just means he thinks Luke had not trained long enough yet.

Rey of course needs no training.... Because... that would be sexist.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 11:22 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Originally posted by Darthadi
His tweets are not an official source anyway.

I know it’s still pretty interesting though

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 08:11 PM
xPRIMEx

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well then it has no relation to how good Kylo is anyway.

Just means he thinks Luke had not trained long enough yet.

Rey of course needs no training.... Because... that would be sexist.

What are you talking about?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 09:07 PM
Darth Thor

Who decides these things anyway?

The Story Group? Pablo Hidalgo? Dave Filoni?

Was ironically much simpler when Lucas had the final say.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 09:07 PM
xPRIMEx

I think it’s meant to be open to your own interpretation. Matt was just sharing his opinion

Old Post Jan 14th, 2021 12:54 AM
Darth Thor

^ I like that. Its for the fans to debate. And I like all the comics and novels being proper canon now under Disney. Unlike under Lucas.

But I dont like the random quotes they crap out which dont mean anything. Like Vader being the strongest Sith. If they just confirm source books are a supplementary or secondary source, that would make stuff more clear.

The only consistently reliable source book to me seems to be the databank on the official site.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2021 01:29 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ I like that. Its for the fans to debate. And I like all the comics and novels being proper canon now under Disney. Unlike under Lucas.

But I dont like the random quotes they crap out which dont mean anything. Like Vader being the strongest Sith. If they just confirm source books are a supplementary or secondary source, that would make stuff more clear.

The only consistently reliable source book to me seems to be the databank on the official site.
is it any different from the EU when every Jedi was “one of the finest swordsmen ever produced by the Order” or stuff like that ?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2021 02:25 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Total Warrior
is it any different from the EU when every Jedi was “one of the finest swordsmen ever produced by the Order” or stuff like that ?

Well I dont think that was ever contradicted. But main Difference is There were levels of canon. So we knew which sources were more reliable when it came to blatant contradictions.

Over here everything is supposed to be equally canon When one source book says Mace is the greatest swordsman, and another one says its Yoda.

Then one quote says Vader is the strongest Sith, then a comic shows hes clearly no match for Palpatine at all.

Seems clear to me the comic takes precedence there, but they should make that official IMO.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2021 03:35 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ The SW Book also states that Mace was "second only to Yoda" as a swordsman. So it definitively makes the pecking order clear in multiple entries(ie. Yoda>Mace.) So I personally hold that in higher esteem than the individual blurb from the Lightsaber Guide. /shrug

As for strongest Sith line: that was always questionable from the onset, given that in the original films, Vader was actively trying to recruit Luke for the sole purpose of trying to overthrow Palpatine(which he wouldn't need to do if he was already more powerful)... But yes, the recent comics make it blatantly clear that Palpatine >> Vader as of the ESB era.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2021 04:30 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"[Ben Solo] was the heir to the potential of the Skywalker line...":
https://ibb.co/dDqrB0D
-Insider #194

Does this imply that Kylo's potential = Anakin's?

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 29th, 2021 at 11:56 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2021 11:54 PM
Darthadi

Not really imo. Just huge potential in general.
And insiders might not have canon value acording to Matt Martin. He said the insiders are editorial like the blogs and news section on Starwars.com

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 12:19 AM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

It's just your usual hype that any characters gets, nothing impressive

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 10:05 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote