KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The death of George Floyd/Chauvin guilty

The death of George Floyd/Chauvin guilty
Started by: tru-marvell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (130): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emmy Evangeline
I remember this. Alot of people I knew got angry and were calling him a closet fascist

what a silly accusation for them to make..."closet"

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 05:26 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

It seems that the police could have used more civil means to restrain the man since they had multiple officers and I assume a car to detain the man in.

I'll bet that the cause of death isn't from the knee on his neck though, one of the first things they teach you in first aid is speaking means breathing.

In any case, this is a crazy situation and I'll never understand why police are trained to be so aggressive in handling citizens, they are here to serve and protect not smash and grab.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 05:46 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Undeniable murder.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 02:31 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Police in Minneapolis withdraw from locations in the city as looters take over during protest

I say leave some of the buildings like they are after this. Don't re-open the Target. Let the community always remember what happens when they behave like f*cking animals.

Bet they don't even know the dead mans last name. George who?

Old Post May 28th, 2020 10:51 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
Police in Minneapolis withdraw from locations in the city as looters take over during protest

I say leave some of the buildings like they are after this. Don't re-open the Target. Let the community always remember what happens when they behave like f*cking animals.

Bet they don't even know the dead mans last name. George who?

When my Brother-in-Law was a store manager for Walmart, they sent him to one of the worst Walmarts in the US: theft and violence. He was their last resort (because he works way too hard and they knew they could get 90 hour work weeks out of him but that's another story) before they closed the store.

It's expensive to deal with rampant theft and the thin margins for big-box retail are easily lost if theft hits a certain level.

End of the story is he reduced theft and violence in his store enough that Walmart didn't have to close it. He did it by making a partnership with the local police, getting rid of the standard loss-prevention employees (repurposed them into "hawks" that work with the police), and setting up some standard operating procedures (such as contacting the police when I thief is walking out of the store and right into custody).

Point is, Target may make the decision to close down that store. Maybe not. If the looting continues, they'd close it down.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 02:01 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
When my Brother-in-Law was a store manager for Walmart, they sent him to one of the worst Walmarts in the US: theft and violence. He was their last resort (because he works way too hard and they knew they could get 90 hour work weeks out of him but that's another story) before they closed the store.

It's expensive to deal with rampant theft and the thin margins for big-box retail are easily lost if theft hits a certain level.

End of the story is he reduced theft and violence in his store enough that Walmart didn't have to close it. He did it by making a partnership with the local police, getting rid of the standard loss-prevention employees (repurposed them into "hawks" that work with the police), and setting up some standard operating procedures (such as contacting the police when I thief is walking out of the store and right into custody).

Point is, Target may make the decision to close down that store. Maybe not. If the looting continues, they'd close it down.

I just don't understand why the community would react in as way that reinforces every single negative stereotype about the black community. Of course it wasn't everyone, but jesus.

What about the employees at Target? Who are probably mostly black.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 08:15 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Man with 'Trump' on his car beaten by activists protesting death of George Floyd in Minneapolis: report

I assume if the perpetrators are caught they will be charged with a hate crime.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 08:17 PM
dadudemon

I just don't understand why the community would react in as way that reinforces every single negative stereotype about the black community. Of course it wasn't everyone, but jesus.

I read that 87% of the community has not participated. That's a very comfortable majority.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 08:21 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Man with 'Trump' on his car beaten by activists protesting death of George Floyd in Minneapolis: report

I assume if the perpetrators are caught they will be charged with a hate crime.

If an only if it can be shown that race was the motivator. Such as calling him cracker, whtey, honkey, etc.

If it was simply "because Trump", it's politically, ideologically, motivated violence.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 08:22 PM
Adam_PoE

You cannot do someone wrong, and then tell them how angry they can get.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 08:24 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Who did the rioting thugs wrong?

Old Post May 28th, 2020 08:25 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

100% agreed.

I've been in that position before.

It was cowgirl. Slipped out, smacked into the taint. Hurt like the dickens. Luckily, it didn't break but she was telling me it wasn't that big of a deal, that she didn't bounce that hard.

Rested a bit, made sure everything was okay, then finished it off with a cream-pie like a champ.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 08:32 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I also agree nobody can tell George Floyd how angry he can get.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 08:33 PM
cdtm

Minnesota police should have a cool outfit like Taskmasters.

(please log in to view the image)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 09:04 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

So people want to know, these officers, one of them with 18 complaints against them, I think 16 still open, another one that had 6. I know people complain and it's false sometimes, but 18 complaints. Are they going to be arrested or are they not? Is the justice system going to work with these officers the way it works with the general public? Someone accuses you of something, the police come to get you, they arrest you and you have to deal with the legal system.
Are we going to have the same legal system for police officers that we have for the average adult? Now for the Attorney General, I watched and I know she has a tough job.

As long as we are being honest right now, nobody wants to hear from the White House or the Attorney General right now.

No one wants to hear from the man who wanted the death penalty to come back from the Central Park Five.

No one wants to hear from the man who says that the former president was not born in this country.

No one wants to hear from the man who said there are very fine people on both sides.

Do you understand what I am saying? No one wants to hear from the person they perceive as contributing to this situation -- situations like this in this society. Not directly, but allowing people like that to think they can get away from this.

No one wants to hear from the birther-in-chief, from the sons of bitches-calling person who said that when athletes are kneeling for this very reason. No one wants to hear from that.

The justice system should work for everyone. The Attorney General of the United States should have the same system in place for everyone. That should be a given and you should not have to announce that at a press conference. No one wants to hear that. Unless you're going to come out and say I understand how African-Americans feel in this country, I understand the mistakes I have made with African-Americans in this country. I understand there is an election coming, but I just don't want your vote, I want you to understand that I know where you're coming from, we don't want to hear that. That is the God's honest truth. So that was a misstep on her part.

To come out and say I want this investigated to the fullest extent of the law, we don't want to make any mistakes, amen sister or brother. But we don't want to hear all of that. But why don't you have the same urgency that you have for all of those people out there, most of them protesting, but some out there who are actually ravaging and pillaging, burning down stores. I don't know if it's by accident or what. Raiding stores. Fine, that should not happen. But how about the urgency for telling those people to calm down, we need peace, how about that same urgency when it comes to people being abused by the system, who are being abused by police officers, who are experiencing racism in this country and people are denying it. Where is that urgency?

I understand the anger of the people who are protesting, who are upset in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I don't - I am not condoning their actions. I don't understand the actions, but I do understand their anger. When you have nothing else, when you don't have a platform like a Don Lemon or a Wolf Blitzer or Laura Coates to protest, then what do you do? You act out in the way that you act out. These people are upset, they're sick of it and I would imagine people around the country are sick of it as well. Have that same urgency for telling people to calm down and don't be violent and don't go out and loot stores for racism and bigotry! Take the mask off.

-Don Lemon

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 29th, 2020 02:05 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
When my Brother-in-Law was a store manager for Walmart, they sent him to one of the worst.

Peter Strok said he doesn’t like smelly Walmart people

Old Post May 29th, 2020 02:20 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

Maybe they got some nice loot as well.

Old Post May 29th, 2020 02:53 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

who cares that he was obviously murdered and his murderer is still free. what about that poor target store that nobody gives a f*ck about. how come nobody wants to talk about that?

Old Post May 29th, 2020 03:04 AM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg

So people want to know, these officers, one of them with 18 complaints against them, I think 16 still open, another one that had 6. I know people complain and it's false sometimes, but 18 complaints. Are they going to be arrested or are they not? Is the justice system going to work with these officers the way it works with the general public? Someone accuses you of something, the police come to get you, they arrest you and you have to deal with the legal system.
Are we going to have the same legal system for police officers that we have for the average adult? Now for the Attorney General, I watched and I know she has a tough job.

As long as we are being honest right now, nobody wants to hear from the White House or the Attorney General right now.

No one wants to hear from the man who wanted the death penalty to come back from the Central Park Five.

No one wants to hear from the man who says that the former president was not born in this country.

No one wants to hear from the man who said there are very fine people on both sides.

Do you understand what I am saying? No one wants to hear from the person they perceive as contributing to this situation -- situations like this in this society. Not directly, but allowing people like that to think they can get away from this.

No one wants to hear from the birther-in-chief, from the sons of bitches-calling person who said that when athletes are kneeling for this very reason. No one wants to hear from that.

The justice system should work for everyone. The Attorney General of the United States should have the same system in place for everyone. That should be a given and you should not have to announce that at a press conference. No one wants to hear that. Unless you're going to come out and say I understand how African-Americans feel in this country, I understand the mistakes I have made with African-Americans in this country. I understand there is an election coming, but I just don't want your vote, I want you to understand that I know where you're coming from, we don't want to hear that. That is the God's honest truth. So that was a misstep on her part.

To come out and say I want this investigated to the fullest extent of the law, we don't want to make any mistakes, amen sister or brother. But we don't want to hear all of that. But why don't you have the same urgency that you have for all of those people out there, most of them protesting, but some out there who are actually ravaging and pillaging, burning down stores. I don't know if it's by accident or what. Raiding stores. Fine, that should not happen. But how about the urgency for telling those people to calm down, we need peace, how about that same urgency when it comes to people being abused by the system, who are being abused by police officers, who are experiencing racism in this country and people are denying it. Where is that urgency?

I understand the anger of the people who are protesting, who are upset in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I don't - I am not condoning their actions. I don't understand the actions, but I do understand their anger. When you have nothing else, when you don't have a platform like a Don Lemon or a Wolf Blitzer or Laura Coates to protest, then what do you do? You act out in the way that you act out. These people are upset, they're sick of it and I would imagine people around the country are sick of it as well. Have that same urgency for telling people to calm down and don't be violent and don't go out and loot stores for racism and bigotry! Take the mask off.

-Don Lemon

Don Lemon is an idiot. The DOJ is investigating

Old Post May 29th, 2020 03:32 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

if you can't take his meaning then you're the idiot thumb down

Old Post May 29th, 2020 03:32 AM