KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Kingdoms of Amalur is being remastered

Kingdoms of Amalur is being remastered
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kingdoms of Amalur is being remastered

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning remaster leaks online, studio says ‘oopsy daisy’

Interesting. I really enjoyed the original version. The only issue was with the camera on the PC version. I had to use a special program that let me change the camera angle.

Maybe if this does well they will do a sequel.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 02:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I wonder if it'll just be a graphical update or if they'll change anything else. I hope they don't mess with the combat system.

Weird @ camera. I never had any issues. Is it a common bug?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 03:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Would love a sequel. First game was flawed but fun and had a ton of potential. A remaster is cool too though.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 03:50 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I remember this game. It wasn’t bad, but if I recall it was meant to drum up funds for an MMO that never launched. Is this them trying again to get that MMO going?

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 03:50 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Nice! The combat in this game was awesome, I hope they do a proper sequel.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 04:03 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

@MowCow Nah man, THQ Nordic bought the rights, prob just thought it deserved to be remastered on modern hardware and BOOM, here we are.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 05:22 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I remember this game. It wasn’t bad, but if I recall it was meant to drum up funds for an MMO that never launched. Is this them trying again to get that MMO going?

I doubt we’ll be seeing any big name mmos coming out anytime soon. That ship has sailed and I think most companies don’t see the risk as worth it.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 06:15 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

MMO's morphed into games as a service entries like Destiny, The Division and etc.

The grind is still there, money is made from game sales + cosmetics and there is no need to host the entire platform on servers.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 06:18 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by -Pr-
I wonder if it'll just be a graphical update or if they'll change anything else. I hope they don't mess with the combat system.

thumb up

The combat was basically the selling point for this game. From my understanding, many of the folks involved are still at Big Huge Games? Assuming it's enough of the same people, I would like them to drop all these notions of MMO's or whatever. They need to embrace action games. Nexon owns them now too, so financial issues won't be quite as big a problems. Although, that could mean going for some kinda Vindictus or TERA style thing.

I say just be a Western Team Ninja.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 5th, 2020 at 07:30 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 07:21 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-

Weird @ camera. I never had any issues. Is it a common bug?

It's not that the camera is bugged necessarily, but a lot of people felt the PC version the camera was too close to the character. And there was no way to pull back the camera more.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 07:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Surtur
It's not that the camera is bugged necessarily, but a lot of people felt the PC version the camera was too close to the character. And there was no way to pull back the camera more.

Oh okay. I played it on PC and it didn't bother me. I remember the camera moving very quickly around me, but it didn't bother me otherwise. That's me though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 07:29 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by StyleTime
thumb up

The combat was basically the selling point for this game. From my understanding, many of the folks involved are still at Big Huge Games? Assuming it's enough of the same people, I would like them to drop all these notions of MMO's or whatever. They need to embrace action games. Nexon owns them now too, so financial issues won't be quite as big a problems. Although, that could mean going for some kinda Vindictus or TERA style thing.

I say just be a Western Team Ninja.
Dude, major respect for playing Vindictus, combat was one of the best I've played for an MMO.

I'd heard Tera was better tho?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 6th, 2020 02:48 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Dude, major respect for playing Vindictus, combat was one of the best I've played for an MMO.

I'd heard Tera was better tho?

Hell yeah. Vindictus's combat is fantastic. I love that they took their time developing each characters mechanics, so we get people that offer unique combat experiences. It's cool that Karok can grapple giant bosses, but Staff Evie has to dance around safely while getting off her spells. You actually feel what it would be like to fight as these archetypes.

My friend was heavily into TERA for a while. I thought the combat was good, but, unlike Vindictus, TERA is truly an MMO. Most of the elements that make MMO's what they are hold little appeal for me. It's hugely popular though, so I imagine any fan of action style MMO's will enjoy it.

I enjoyed Vindictus but it was only an MMO on a technicality. Functionally, it's an online beat 'em up you play with your friends.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2020 04:43 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 08:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Not just a HD release but an expansion too? Interesting.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 01:12 PM
Arachnid1

How does the combat for this hold up? I never got the chance to play it last gen, but I'm interested.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 06:47 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Kazenji

Cool, but is "Re-Reckoning" the actual name? Because lol
Originally posted by Arachnid1
How does the combat for this hold up? I never got the chance to play it last gen, but I'm interested.

I haven't played it recently to see if it aged well. It was one of the strong points originally though. Might wanna try first if you can.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jul 9th, 2020 at 03:57 AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 03:55 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by StyleTime
Cool, but is "Re-Reckoning" the actual name? Because lol

Does a bear shit in the woods?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 04:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote