KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » What suffers worse: Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead

What suffers worse: Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead
Started by: robotflug

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

What suffers worse: Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead

Which one of these two TV Shows had the more unbearable filler, forced moments in the stories, unnecessary stupid pointless subplots, very campy scenes that feel like a saturday morning cartoon, and gets far too boring.

What had it worse from the shows writers.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 04:29 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Walking Dead slowed to a crawl that I never felt Thrones even on its worst days could compete with.

But Thrones's descent in quality made it feel worse too, in a way.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 04:57 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

the walking dead coz i never watched.. game of thrones had issues like everything else does, but i didn't let too much of that bother me

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 06:43 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

The Walking Dead was terrible for filler. Especially when they changed to the 8/8 split season. You'd be lucky if you got 4 decent episodes in the 16.

Game of Thrones eventually suffered from the opposite problem. Season 8 having only 6 episodes was the most retarded decision in TV history.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 10:59 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
The Walking Dead was terrible for filler. Especially when they changed to the 8/8 split season. You'd be lucky if you got 4 decent episodes in the 16.

Game of Thrones eventually suffered from the opposite problem. Season 8 having only 6 episodes was the most retarded decision in TV history.

yea definitely, game of thrones should've had at least 10 episodes

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 6th, 2020 02:27 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Never watched GoT, but TWD is fulla filler.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2020 09:43 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Walking Dead was spammed with the worst filler subplots and Shoehorn dragged out stories.

1.Glen must keep a secret that Zombies are in the Barn
2.Glen is on a warpath because of the Governors assault Maggie
3.Tara has a subplot about meeting a beach community od survivors
4.The Governor finds a random location of survivors camping and wants to be leader
5.Rick and Michonne finding stuff to give to the Saviors.
6.Beth storyline at the hospital
7.Daryl Dixon trapped at Negans base.
8.Unnecessary dragged out storyline of Rosita trying to shoot Negan than Eugene is forced to work with him.

Oh man, the writers sure know how to make this show have the viewers feel so bored.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2020 11:12 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^gawd, so much wasted time...!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2020 08:58 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

IMO, The Walking Dead is like watching a car slowly going 5 mph in a 30 mph Zone, whereas GOT is like watching a bloody 70-car pileup on the Autobahn. Both are insufferably painful, just for opposite reasons.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 7th, 2020 04:52 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Nicely put.

TWD lost focus early on. I -do- like certain characters, and the FX, and the kills are often pretty fun. It’s just something I watch out of habit.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2020 05:32 PM
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is HBO still trying to make a Game of Thrones prequel?, its really pointless how AMC made sponoff's of Walking Dead like Fear The Walking Dead and Walking Dead: World Beyond.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 02:20 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by robotflug
Is HBO still trying to make a Game of Thrones prequel?, its really pointless how AMC made sponoff's of Walking Dead like Fear The Walking Dead and Walking Dead: World Beyond.

No. They were all cancelled.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 04:55 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

No. They were all cancelled.

Great news to have a pointless prequel cancelled.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2020 03:44 PM
Flyattractor

TWD Series is in full On Lame Mode Now. I recall watching one of the first few episodes od FTWD and they tried to make some suspense by making you WONDER what was hiding in a closet. I was Its a Zombie. It Can't be Anything Else... and WOW I WAS RIGHT!

At least with GOT you got the SMALL Potential of other Creatures...small but it was there.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2020 06:21 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The walking dead became unwatchable. GOT was never that bad.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 11:54 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

AMC made the Walking Dead stories way larger than there supposed to be, they dragged it out with so much filler it transformed the show into a filler nightmare. the stories from the comics should of been quick to finish but instead they demanded to stretch the stories out too much and unbearable filler subplots all over the place. Too much moping around episodes with big heroic monologues to fight the bad guys. Sometimes the show has very random argument moments just to extent the episodes story out of nowhere.

I tried watching Game of Thrones in the past and it was no better.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2020 03:35 PM
Jmanghan

Game of Thrones had the worst final seasons I've ever seen.

All of a sudden Tyrion's a ****ing idiot and outsmarted by Jamie and Cersei?...

Everyone dies, Mad Queen Dany which she was never supposed to become, "break the wheel" my ass.

**** GoT.

If you're invested in both shows you're more upset about GoT then TWD, easily.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 27th, 2020 05:33 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I'm rewatching TWD and I honestly take back what I said. While it's production value is far lower than GOT, it has a far more consistent level of quality, and I'm actually looking forward to its next season, whereas GOT became unwatchable, so TWD wins this hands down.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Aug 10th, 2020 09:30 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lestov16
I'm rewatching TWD and I honestly take back what I said. While it's production value is far lower than GOT, it has a far more consistent level of quality, and I'm actually looking forward to its next season, whereas GOT became unwatchable, so TWD wins this hands down.

I never bothered rewatching the older episodes like seasons 1 through 8 as those felt like chores to even get through.

I've only watched each episode once and never again. Also I gave on Walking Dead after season 8, never returned to Fear the Walking Dead after season 1.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2020 02:24 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

TWD was never a great show imo. So it becoming shit for a while wasn’t all that jarring. Where as for a while GoT was one of the best shows on TV. Truly one of the best of all time. So it going to shit in the second to last season and then becoming laughably even worse for its final season felt really jarring and just bad.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2020 06:47 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote