KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Phil Connors Vs Tree Gelbman

Phil Connors Vs Tree Gelbman
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Phil Connors Vs Tree Gelbman

Inspired by the fact that it’s always the same half dozen threads being posted to every time I come here.

1. Who wins a fist fight?

2. Who is more immortal?

3. Bane dies.

Last edited by riv6672 on Jun 15th, 2020 at 08:57 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 08:55 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Tree wins the fight. All her do-overs involved the death of her and her friends so she basically had no choice but to become this badass warrior determined to live. Phil just lived in a small town over and over. However he is far more brilliant than her as he basically schooled himself on intellectual and social pursuits like becoming a master concert pianist.

I think technically if we count their do-overs as a form of immortality then Phil would be more immortal. His time loop was infinite and reset him to the same day until he stopped being an as*hole and got the girl to fall for him. Tree would only respawn after she was killed. So she could have moved across the world or something and been fine. Phil had to initiate his own change or else he never would have gotten out.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 09:07 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Phil wins 1 and 2
Bane is the killer in part 3 that's coming out.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 07:49 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

How does Phil win the fist fight? I haven't seen Groundhog Day in quite some time, but I don't remember him going around fighting people aside from that one time he punched that guy.

Tree on the other hand has hurt and killed multiple people, multiple times through both her movies. She's got more skill by experience simply because that's basically all she does. Fight for her life.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 08:26 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
How does Phil win the fist fight? I haven't seen Groundhog Day in quite some time, but I don't remember him going around fighting people aside from that one time he punched that guy.

Tree on the other hand has hurt and killed multiple people, multiple times through both her movies. She's got more skill by experience simply because that's basically all she does. Fight for her life.

He's a man and she's a woman and this is a fistfight (no weapons, no grappling, kicking, etc). Unless you have proof of her actually fistfight prowess (does she even have ko power to a man with her fists). And Phil probably punched that guy a million times. Therefore he has some power and snap to his punches.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 03:00 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Fist fight is just another term for a fight.
Grappling, kicking, etc. is allowed. No weapons though.

What you’re thinking of is a slug fest, where the characters just stand there trading blows.

What I described just now is what’s being debated.
As the thread starter I’m clearing up the OP to avoid any further confusion.

So, if you disagree w. me and start getting into some kind of meaning tangent I’m just gonna have to get the forum mod in here to ask you to not derail the thread.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 03:22 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by riv6672
Fist fight is just another term for a fight.
Grappling, kicking, etc. is allowed. No weapons though.

What you’re thinking of is a slug fest, where the characters just stand there trading blows.

What I described just now is what’s being debated.
As the thread starter I’m clearing up the OP to avoid any further confusion.

So, if you disagree w. me and start getting into some kind of meaning tangent I’m just gonna have to get the forum mod in here to ask you to not derail the thread.

I can be an ass (like Silent) and invoke the forum ruling that after a certain time the op can't change the thread. You stated "fist fight". That means with bare fists. Ducking, blocking, parrying is allowed but not kicking, wrestling, etc.

You should have stated h2h if you meant fight without weapons.

Anyway, she has a better chance to win if this is strictly h2h. But Phil still wins. She simply lacks the strength, weight, and power to ko Phil with her bare hands or out muscle him in a contest of strength. While Phil can simply one shot her if he lands a blow.

Last edited by h1a8 on Jun 16th, 2020 at 08:55 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 08:53 AM
riv6672

That’s great. You and KingD19 can debate that all day long
(if he’s up for it)

As for invoking the forum rules, they state

7) When the thread starter makes a new thread, it is very important to cement the conditions of the scenario in the first few posts. This is to avoid confusion and frustration among the other posters. It will not be acceptable for the thread starter to randomly change the conditions of the thread at random intervals. Once the settings/weapons/gear/handicaps/abilities/etc have been cemented in the first few posts of the thread, that is how they will stay. Therefore, be very sure and for certain of how you want your thread to be constructed.

I saw a discrepancy re: the OP within the first few posts between you and KingD19 so I addressed/clarified it, before any other posters got involved or things got any more confused between you two, so, hopefully now it’ll just be straight up debating and good natured oneupsmanship!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 09:12 AM
h1a8

That’s great. You and KingD19 can debate that all day long
(if he’s up for it)

As for invoking the forum rules, they state

7) When the thread starter makes a new thread, it is very important to cement the conditions of the scenario in the first few posts. This is to avoid confusion and frustration among the other posters. It will not be acceptable for the thread starter to randomly change the conditions of the thread at random intervals. Once the settings/weapons/gear/handicaps/abilities/etc have been cemented in the first few posts of the thread, that is how they will stay. Therefore, be very sure and for certain of how you want your thread to be constructed.

I saw a discrepancy re: the OP within the first few posts between you and KingD19 so I addressed/clarified it, before any other posters got involved or things got any more confused between you two, so, hopefully now it’ll just be straight up debating and good natured oneupsmanship!

My second paragraph addresses the fight as a h2h one.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 07:25 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Inspired by the fact that it’s always the same half dozen threads being posted to every time I come here.

1. Who wins a fist fight?

2. Who is more immortal?

3. Bane dies.

who are these people

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 07:32 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
who are these people

Phil Connors is a burnt out TV weatherman stuck in a time loop.

Tree Gelbman is a flighty college student stuck in a time loop.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2020 08:41 AM