KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Star Wars: Squadrons

Star Wars: Squadrons
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I thought the game was perfectly fine. Solid (if a bit short) campaign, and fun mechanics. Nice choice of ships too.

Sure, some clone wars stuff would have been nice, but I still enjoyed it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 05:56 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I have to assume they will add more content/ships over the next year like every other MP specific game.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 06:02 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

None planned.

"Frazier added, "We don't want to say 'it's almost done' and then dribble out more of it over time, which to be honest is how most games work these days. So we've tried to treat it in kind of an old-school approach saying 'You've paid the $40, this is the game and it's entirely self-contained. We're not planning to add more content, this is the game, as we hope you understand the value proposition.""

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ga...id-the-40%3famp

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 07:53 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Interesting...I was expecting something....kind of old school.

Unless they are making a much bigger game as a sequel....

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 08:14 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
You said space games cost a fraction of what this game costs, which is $40 US.

One of the big ones is Elite Dangrous...a $40 game. EVE Online is a free to play MMO.....Star Citizen hasn't been released...most likely a full price game once it does.

What other space games are there? That cost a fraction of $40. That would be around $10 bucks right?....what game is that? Maybe something that is 10 years old.....

Star Wars Sqadrons at $40 is a good price for what you get.

Bought Everspace for 10.

Strike Suit Zero for about 2, 4 all together with dlc and a spinoff "Strike Suit Infinity" (This is because they were gearing up to release the remastered version, and wanted to reel in suckers like myself. No regrets.)

I still have Project Sypheed on the docket, but I guess that's old now. As is Darkstar One.

Rebel Galaxy is much more recent, and its sequel more so. Both inexpensive and a lot of fun.

And Freespace 2 is always a go-to. Age doesn't matter, good is good.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 08:19 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

So your point is that 30-year-old games are cheaper than games that are a month old?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 08:28 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Tzeentch
So your point is that 30-year-old games are cheaper than games that are a month old?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/290300/Rebel_Galaxy/

Someone can't count, if he thinks 2015 was 30 years ago.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 09:04 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

https://www.gog.com/game/everspace

2016. So 29 years ago? laughing out loud

Or does 30 years ago begin in 2019? Please make up a chart for us normie who use a gregorian calendar.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 09:27 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

The point is that "dude older games are cheaper" is a retarded take. They're older games- of course they're cheaper. If you are a real space sim fan you will have already played all those games, thus their price is irrelevant. Do you have brain damage? Do you ask why someone would ever buy the newest final fantasy when final fantasy 13 is $10? No, because that's a dumb line of reasoning.

You are a brainlet and your bloodline will die with you. Don't ever reply to me again.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 09:33 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Tzeentch
The point is that "dude older games are cheaper" is a retarded take. They're older games- of course they're cheaper. If you are a real space sim fan you will have already played all those games, thus their price is irrelevant. Do you have brain damage? Do you ask why someone would ever buy the newest final fantasy when final fantasy 13 is $10? No, because that's a dumb line of reasoning.

You are a brainlet and your bloodline will die with you. Don't ever reply to me again.

Wrong on so many levels.

But enjoy burning that strawman with your flaming ad hominems.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 09:34 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Don't try to throw around phrases like ad hominem as if you're intelligent enough to understand what they mean. You've already proven yourself to be a fool.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 09:44 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Everspace is not even a good example of the point.

In CAN dollars, its 32 bucks on GOG...Squadrons is $55 dollars. A difference of $20 bucks...but Everspace is 4 years old. I think maybe it was about 40-50 bucks at release.

I haven't played it but according to the spiel:

"Roguelike space shooter with persistent progression
Three player ships with in-depth upgrade and damage system
Captivating non-linear storytelling featuring interesting characters"

Sounds exactly similiar to Star Wars Squadrons...with less ships and no multiplayer, AI battles and the Stars Wars IP (which adds cost to the end product).

That's not a good example.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 11:15 PM
cdtm

Everspace is not even a good example of the point.

In CAN dollars, its 32 bucks on GOG...Squadrons is $55 dollars. A difference of $20 bucks...but Everspace is 4 years old. I think maybe it was about 40-50 bucks at release.

I haven't played it but according to the spiel:

"Roguelike space shooter with persistent progression
Three player ships with in-depth upgrade and damage system
Captivating non-linear storytelling featuring interesting characters"

Sounds exactly similiar to Star Wars Squadrons...with less ships and no multiplayer, AI battles and the Stars Wars IP (which adds cost to the end product).

That's not a good example.

Bought it for 5. 10 including the dlc.

Squadrons will never see 10 dollars, not with the Star Wars brand and EA behind it.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 11:26 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Where did you buy that game for 5 bucks.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2020 01:05 AM
cdtm

Where did you buy that game for 5 bucks.

Gog. 5.99 actually.

The DLC was 4.99, which is pretty much mandatory as it adds a bunch of things to do outside the main quest, so over 10 dollars in total.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2020 01:11 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Your point is that there is a ton of space games that are fraction of the cost of brand new Title at $40.

Your reason is Everspace, that you bought on a killer sale, which is a 4 year old game. And so how comparing it to a new game....

And in the end it doesn't matter because there is enough content within Star Wars Squadrons to warrent a $40 dollar price tag.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2020 01:19 AM
cdtm

No. My reason is that 40 dollars isn't something I'm willing to pay, unless the experience warrants it.

I never would have bought Hollow Knight if I didn't catch a killer sale on it. Best 7 bucks I ever spent. But 40? Not happening. I'm still sore over spending 40-60 dollars on Mass Effect DLC on a SALE, **** price gouging.

I still enjoyed Mass Effect 1-3, but as far as I'm concerned no game is worth more then 20 bucks. Not for me.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2020 02:04 AM
cdtm

Arguing from a games age is so pedantic. Nowhere was a games age even a factor.

The games quality relative to price was the only criteria. And from what I can see, Squadrons offers absolutely nothing that isn't done better in other games. Especially far older games like Tie Fighter.

I'll be enjoying Project Sylpheed, a quality space shooter and one of the best PC genre to console control schemes ever made.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2020 10:58 PM