KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Quinlan Vos vs Count Dooku

Quinlan Vos vs Count Dooku
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Quinlan Vos vs Count Dooku

Both guys are going all out no holding back. The winner will get to be Sidious's right hand man ruling the Empire.

They fight in the Geonosis battle arena.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2020 01:49 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quinlan one shots.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2020 02:45 PM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Quinlan one shots.
Now let's not exagerate

Old Post Jun 20th, 2020 08:31 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I'm pretty sure that was a sad attempt at trolling.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2020 11:40 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

Vos should take it , didn’t he allready best dooku !?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2020 02:09 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Dooku overextends.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2020 05:41 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

They did fight Ozz81 in the canon novel Dark Disciple three times: the first time Dooku won, the second and third duels were won by Vos. However, it should be noted that between the first and second duel some time passed (several months/1 year~) and Vos grew more powerful, which may be why he won the second duel but not the first. Second and third duel happened in the same day, and in the latter Dooku had a broken arm, so he wasn’t at his peak condition. When Vos’s story after order 66 will eventually be expanded and he gets new feats, we may give a more definite answer, but it is clear that in the New Canon he is supposed to operate on Dooku’s level overall. Also, why it’s not canon, we know that Vos was also supposed to fight Maul and presumably defeat him, before they switched him with Ahsoka (I said “supposedly defeat him” because, well, I don’t think they would have had Maul win the siege of mandalore with Vos there instead of Ahsoka, I presume the outcome would have been the same as in S7). So I think this fight could either way, maybe Vos is slightly stronger

Old Post Jun 21st, 2020 08:56 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Given this is Vos trying to be the Emperors right hand man, then I will assume its Dark Side Vos, so Vos wins based on what happened in DD.

No idea what level Vos is operating on post DD though once hes rejoined the Jedi. I would guess Maul level, so maybe just a tiny bit below Dooku.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2020 11:24 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Total Warrior
They did fight Ozz81 in the canon novel Dark Disciple three times: the first time Dooku won, the second and third duels were won by Vos. However, it should be noted that between the first and second duel some time passed (several months/1 year~) and Vos grew more powerful, which may be why he won the second duel but not the first. Second and third duel happened in the same day, and in the latter Dooku had a broken arm, so he wasn’t at his peak condition. When Vos’s story after order 66 will eventually be expanded and he gets new feats, we may give a more definite answer, but it is clear that in the New Canon he is supposed to operate on Dooku’s level overall. Also, why it’s not canon, we know that Vos was also supposed to fight Maul and presumably defeat him, before they switched him with Ahsoka (I said “supposedly defeat him” because, well, I don’t think they would have had Maul win the siege of mandalore with Vos there instead of Ahsoka, I presume the outcome would have been the same as in S7). So I think this fight could either way, maybe Vos is slightly stronger
Wasn't Vos implied to be getting the better of Dooku at times in their first fight?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2020 12:17 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by Galan007
Wasn't Vos implied to be getting the better of Dooku at times in their first fight?
Yes, there was one moment in the first part of that duel where Vos could pressure Dooku and forced to leave himself open, to the point that Ventress could struck him down, but she was too slow.He also disarmed the Count later on, but that was when he was pissed off so possibly amped by his rage. Still, I'd say this version of Vos was still weaker than the Count.. Maybe around Kenobi level? After all, Kenobi didn't perform much better against Dooku with Anakin.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2020 01:42 PM
Scizard

Vos beat Dooku fair and square in the second duel, he's superior slightly.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2020 03:58 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Scizard
Vos beat Dooku fair and square in the second duel, he's superior slightly.

He is. Though his superiority was possibly down to a clash of fighting styles.

Didnt seem he was actually more powerful or skilled (though he was faster).

Old Post Jun 21st, 2020 05:46 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, Vos's unpredictability seemed to give him an advantage against Dooku:
quote:
Vos seemed to be holding his own against Dooku. He leapt, sprang, ducked, and tumbled. Dooku might have been a master of technique, but Vos's characteristic unpredictability --quite possibly even to himself-- often gave him the edge. As it did now.

-Dark Disciple

Old Post Jun 21st, 2020 07:03 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Being unpredictable is a skill.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2020 08:05 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Lol. is that supposed to mean Vos is using some modified version of Ataru?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2020 08:57 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Scizard
Being unpredictable is a skill.
And a hard skill to counter, at that. thumb up

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2020 09:04 PM