KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Kurse vs. Nam-Ek

Kurse vs. Nam-Ek
Started by: deft

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

IOW, you don't know the exact distance.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2020 06:34 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
IOW, you don't know the exact distance.
IOW, stop trolling and lurking. Leave the debating to those actually arguing a side.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jun 30th, 2020 07:30 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by h1a8
Ok then. The distance for how far Nam threw the train is an underestimation of the true distance. I stated he threw the train a city block (1/8 of a mile) when in reality he threw the train a little further than that. In quantifying a feat we must use a lower estimate to get the minimum of the feat.

Clark and Nam were initially on a city block where you see stores and shops with a huge wide parking lot adjacent to that block in the direction of the train yard. Clark then lifts Nam vertically in the air (hundreds of feet). Clark then punches Nam outside that block, outside the width of the parking lot, and several hundred feet deep within the train yard (each locomotive is about 73ft long).

This is also confirmed when you see the trajectory of the train as it flies through the air towards the block. The vantage point shows it was launched from more than a block away.

Here' the kicker.
Now if you are fighting for Kurse to be stronger and want to discredit the feat then any reasonable distance you input in the formula would give more than 10,000 tons of force. For example, if you lowball the shit out of the feat and say Nam threw it half a block then you still get over 10,000 tons of force.

Add in the fact that air resistance was neglected. If I input in the air resistance then the feat would be anywhere from 2-5 times greater.

So just to be clear, you are estimating and dont really know the correct distance right? Of course thats right, why am I even asking. Since Nam-Ek was never shown throwing the train, how would anybody know how far he threw it? For all we know, he might have dragged the train and just lobbed it. Anyways your estimation and argument is invalid and weak.

Kurse wins

By Stoic

Old Post Jun 30th, 2020 07:32 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by tkitna
So just to be clear, you are estimating and dont really know the correct distance right? Of course thats right, why am I even asking. Since Nam-Ek was never shown throwing the train, how would anybody know how far he threw it? For all we know, he might have dragged the train and just lobbed it. Anyways your estimation and argument is invalid and weak.

Kurse wins

I gave a lower estimate. The actual distance is larger and I neglected wind resistance which can more than double the feat.

Rule1
In fiction, the only thing that exists is what the writer gives the audience. There is no indication of Nam dragging the train and just lobbing it. Therefore, it doesn't exist.

Second,
You clearly didn't read all of my post. I explained the trajectory to you. You clearly see the trajectory of the train BEFORE it reaches the parking lot. It is on a downward flight. In other words, It reached its peak beforehand and thus traveled more than half of it's distance already. Watch the scene.

The fact that you are attempting to downplay or discredit the feat proves that you are bias towards Kurse here and that you are not arguing from objectivity.

Last edited by h1a8 on Jul 1st, 2020 at 04:02 AM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 03:59 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I gave a lower estimate. The actual distance is larger and I neglected wind resistance which can more than double the feat.

Rule1
In fiction, the only thing that exists is what the writer gives the audience. There is no indication of Nam dragging the train and just lobbing it. Therefore, it doesn't exist.

Second,
You clearly didn't read all of my post. I explained the trajectory to you. You clearly see the trajectory of the train BEFORE it reaches the parking lot. It is on a downward flight. In other words, It reached its peak beforehand and thus traveled more than half of it's distance already. Watch the scene.

The fact that you are attempting to downplay or discredit the feat proves that you are bias towards Kurse here and that you are not arguing from objectivity.

You admit to estimating or "GUESSING" with made up figures and you want people to actually agree with you? laughing out loud

Rule1
In fiction, dont try and use real world physics to defend your point. Especially if you are making up those real world physics as you go along.

Second
Again, its an incomplete scene that cuts to a train falling to the ground. There is no concrete evidence as to how high or far the object was thrown. Just your made up numbers.

Not downplaying the feat, just your opinion of it. Nam-Ek threw a train which is great, but he did nothing else that seemed impressive. If Kurse had a train to throw, i'm sure he could duplicate the feat. In the end, Kurse appeared more impressive.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 08:05 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

You admit to estimating or "GUESSING" with made up figures and you want people to actually agree with you? laughing out loud

Rule1
In fiction, dont try and use real world physics to defend your point. Especially if you are making up those real world physics as you go along.

Second
Again, its an incomplete scene that cuts to a train falling to the ground. There is no concrete evidence as to how high or far the object was thrown. Just your made up numbers.

Not downplaying the feat, just your opinion of it. Nam-Ek threw a train which is great, but he did nothing else that seemed impressive. If Kurse had a train to throw, i'm sure he could duplicate the feat. In the end, Kurse appeared more impressive.

Again, I already proven Nam threw it further than a city block. The train yard was further than a city block away. The trajectory of the train was downward BEFORE it reached the parking lot. That means it traveled more than half it's flight already. The flight of a projectile is in a parabolic arc.

So you are claiming Kurse other feats are more impressive than throwing the train a city block (more than 20,000 ton feat)? If so, then what feat did he achieve that is even beyond 5,000 tons of force?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 10:03 PM
Silent Master

How long is a city block in the DCEU?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 10:26 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Again, I already proven Nam threw it further than a city block. The train yard was further than a city block away. The trajectory of the train was downward BEFORE it reached the parking lot. That means it traveled more than half it's flight already. The flight of a projectile is in a parabolic arc.

So you are claiming Kurse other feats are more impressive than throwing the train a city block (more than 20,000 ton feat)? If so, then what feat did he achieve that is even beyond 5,000 tons of force?

So you have proven something that has no definite foundation. Hint-- nobody is buying your BS but you,,,,,,,as usual.

Again, your reading comprehension is nonexistent. Not once did I say Kurses other feats were more impressive than the train throw. As a matter of fact, i'm saying Kurse didnt have a feat as impressive as that. I do feel Kurse could have easily replicated that feat though, but alas, he had no train to throw where he was. Now what I actually said was besides the train throw, Nam-Ek didnt seem all that impressive compared to Kurses other feats.

Bottomline is you contribute nothing to this site except for derailing threads defending yourself more than the actual subject matter. Nobody takes you seriously. How you have been allowed to continue your act for so long is mind boggling. I'm ashamed of myself for entertaining you as long as I have. It wont happen again.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 10:43 PM
h1a8

So you have proven something that has no definite foundation. Hint-- nobody is buying your BS but you,,,,,,,as usual.

Again, your reading comprehension is nonexistent. Not once did I say Kurses other feats were more impressive than the train throw. As a matter of fact, i'm saying Kurse didnt have a feat as impressive as that. I do feel Kurse could have easily replicated that feat though, but alas, he had no train to throw where he was. Now what I actually said was besides the train throw, Nam-Ek didnt seem all that impressive compared to Kurses other feats.

Bottomline is you contribute nothing to this site except for derailing threads defending yourself more than the actual subject matter. Nobody takes you seriously. How you have been allowed to continue your act for so long is mind boggling. I'm ashamed of myself for entertaining you as long as I have. It wont happen again.

Good so Nam has the better feat and thus is the superior. We go by feats, not what we think will happen.

Glad you agree that Nam is superior. Debate is over

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 11:12 PM
tkitna

H1 will forever be referred to as Colin Robinson from here on out. He sucks the energy out of every thread he's involved with.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 05:03 PM
h1a8

H1 will forever be referred to as Colin Robinson from here on out. He sucks the energy out of every thread he's involved with.

It feels that way to you when you are debating from a bias standpoint and not using the standard of feats to prove strength.

For example, if the heaviest thing Superman lifted was a car then that is how strong he is in a forum fight. That's the rule.
Quantifiable Feats determine levels in a forum.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 06:18 AM
tkitna

It feels that way to you when you are debating from a bias standpoint and not using the standard of feats to prove strength.

For example, if the heaviest thing Superman lifted was a car then that is how strong he is in a forum fight. That's the rule.
Quantifiable Feats determine levels in a forum.

(please log in to view the image)

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2020 11:17 AM