KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Why one should (And should not) hate

Why one should (And should not) hate
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Why one should (And should not) hate

Here's my philosophy on why you'd hate someone.

Lets say you're in a war. You're trying to kill someone, and someones trying to kill you. Should you hate them for it?

Why? He's just doing his job, the same as you. Why hate them for it?

It would be different if you're sitting there minding your own business, and someone caps you, for no reason.

People throw around the word "hate" so much, but what is hate? What are you saying, when you claim you hate someone?

In my opinion, you're saying you'd never wrong someone like they're wronging you. Your outrage, is based on a self image of being a good guy. We all want to be good, no one wants to be an *******.

Someone steals from you, you're pissed because you can't imagine why someone would want to steal from anyone. It just makes no sense to you, that anyone could want to wrong someone else, in this way.

But say you're a car thief, and someone jacks your car. You gonna be angry about it, with all the people you ripped off?

Or are you going to laugh about it, say "Got me good", and just steal another car?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2020 12:17 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Even elephants have graveyards.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jul 27th, 2020 02:06 AM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zerobstacles

Hijacking and hate are two different things impossible to compare.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2021 03:02 PM
zerobstacles is currently offline Click here to Send zerobstacles a Private Message Find more posts by zerobstacles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Anal always anal. What was your question btw?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2021 07:07 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hate bullies; I think everyone hates bullies.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2021 03:01 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RegisteredFileO
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post May 23rd, 2021 11:53 AM
RegisteredFileO is currently offline Click here to Send RegisteredFileO a Private Message Find more posts by RegisteredFileO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Epicurus

Got a weird guy online here that seems to hate a lot of people. In fact his days are filled with “broly broly broly.” He wakes up with Broly on his mind and goes to sleep. Then wakes up again with Broly on his mind. Whoever this guy broly was or is he sure wrecked a few people on here or one old man whirly in particular.

Old Post May 27th, 2021 12:20 PM
Epicurus is currently offline Click here to Send Epicurus a Private Message Find more posts by Epicurus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

I don’t hate people. I may dislike their views and ideas, but to hate them means they have done something to personally hurt myself or those I love.

I disagree with many on this board, I dislike them, I don’t hate them.

Old Post May 27th, 2021 12:57 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Epicurus

Seems this old man whirly has an obsession with you as well. What’s his problem?

Old Post May 27th, 2021 03:08 PM
Epicurus is currently offline Click here to Send Epicurus a Private Message Find more posts by Epicurus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hatred is a useful tool to keep cultures separate, but equal imo.

It's a fence you'd ask evolution why it placed it there, before moving to tear it down.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2021 07:45 PM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

I hate lots of people and ideologies.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2021 08:10 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hate the ideology, not the person. thumb up

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 07:44 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Nah.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2021 06:43 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blakemore

Old Post Jul 15th, 2021 11:01 PM
Darth Thor

Even the ideology can be put down intellectually. Nothing wrong with a good war of ideas.

Being overconsumed with hate though generally isn't good for the soul, and is bound to filter off into hatred towards the persons of said ideology.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2021 11:25 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jul 16th, 2021 11:44 AM
Darth Thor

Dislike the ideology. Save the hate for extreme circumstances. Always have hope for the people thumb up

Old Post Jul 16th, 2021 12:50 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up

Old Post Jul 16th, 2021 12:57 PM