KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Bands you no longer like

Bands you no longer like
Started by: robotflug

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Floyd are one of those bands who are considered cooler by people not old enough to remember them in their heyday tbh.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 05:26 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

As for Red Hot Chili Peppers, That was another band I used to enjoy in the past a long time ago. These days, I see them as a really lame funk rock band thats not entertaining in anyway. It's just full of unbearable douchebags.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 04:42 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aw, early RHCP was the bomb! Californication is one of my favorite albums. Floyd is generally considered cool by people of all ages.

With that said, I’m ashamed to say that I used to listen to Limp Bizkit.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 04:45 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Mudvayne, Machine Head, Chimaira, Cradle of Filth, American Head Charge, God Forbid,

When I was younger I loved heavy music a lot more, and would frequently sample all styles of metal across the spectrum. Those bands just never stuck with me and I haven't listened to some of their songs for years on end. I also don't listen to anywhere near as much black/death metal as I did in my early twenties. I tend to just stick to the bands I loved from that era

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 06:05 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

To be fair, there’s plenty of black/death/thrash metal (aka real metal) bands that I absolutely can’t stand nowadays. I find some of those bands to be worst the the whole “nu-metal” shtick and actually find that genre of music to be refreshing.

Burzum gets a lot of hate, but I really loved their early albums. Early Ulver was amazing, too.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 09:28 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Aw, early RHCP was the bomb! Californication is one of my favorite albums. Floyd is generally considered cool by people of all ages. With that said, I’m ashamed to say that I used to listen to Limp Bizkit.

Aside from trash like RHCP and Pink Floyd.

As a former fan of Queen, I just can't stand them and they are just terrible.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 11:11 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Beatles are trash.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 11:26 PM
Scribble

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Floyd are one of those bands who are considered cooler by people not old enough to remember them in their heyday tbh.
People who judge a band's merits by whether they are 'cool' or not are morons.

I judge music by how it sounds, not whether the band or artist has a certain status.

But even then, all the older people I know like Floyd to varying degrees. My dad and his brother are huge Floyd fans, even though they pretended to hate them through the punk era. Same with Genesis. But they got over that stage of anti-intellectual pretension a long time ago, because they are smart and honest people.
Originally posted by Eon Blue
The Beatles are trash.
How dare you!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2020 07:32 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nothing wrong with people moving on and just hating bands they once liked in the past.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 04:46 PM
Impediment
Endless

ICP.

I was a hardcore Juggalo when I was a teenager and I proudly wore my clown makeup.

I haven't listened to ICP in years but I still respect them for achieving such success and their accomplishments.

Haters can hate all they want. ICP built an empire out of literally nothing.

I do, however, still jam Twiztid. Those guys are seriously talented and rap about straight up horror core.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 12:01 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

People like to think the Red Hot Chili Peppers never done anything bad before but they did corrupt things like sexual battery.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2020 12:05 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by robotflug
Aside from trash like RHCP and Pink Floyd.

As a former fan of Queen, I just can't stand them and they are just terrible.
Saw Queen live, were great but yeah, shit to listen to know. Floyd are just shite.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2020 12:08 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

honestly i wonder what drives people to hate bands they liked before when they didn't even change the taste much (i mean - they still like mostly the same genres)

i don't mean being "meh, not really my thing" or "yeah they were good bot nothing next to stuff i listen to now" but legit considering bands you liked before terrible shit, never really got that

myself, i abandoned rock mostly (listened to it when i was 12-20) and went full onto classical music, and most of the stuff I listened to when I was more into rock now pretty much bores me, but I can't say I dislike any of them, I just got bored after years

Old Post Jul 20th, 2020 02:32 AM
gold slorg is currently offline Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

I’ve been listening to a ton of Ariana Grande and Jhené Aiko.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2020 05:28 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by gold slorg
honestly i wonder what drives people to hate bands they liked before when they didn't even change the taste much (i mean - they still like mostly the same genres)

i don't mean being "meh, not really my thing" or "yeah they were good bot nothing next to stuff i listen to now" but legit considering bands you liked before terrible shit, never really got that

myself, i abandoned rock mostly (listened to it when i was 12-20) and went full onto classical music, and most of the stuff I listened to when I was more into rock now pretty much bores me, but I can't say I dislike any of them, I just got bored after years
i think the thread is dislike rather than hate. Interesting you have abandoned rock, is that because you find beats more interesting than melody and lyrics.

I also thin your taste changes as your stages of like change and as the time many bands belong to wanes. I was a little young for true punk, I didn't enter my teens till 1980. The moment for punk was short lived and caused by a variety of socio economic issues. Does that stop me enjoying it in hindsight? No, does it reduce its personal relevance... sure. A lot of what we liked becomes Nostalgia, who we were with, what we were doing and that in itself is viewed through a distorting lens.

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on Jul 20th, 2020 at 10:31 AM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2020 10:27 AM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was a total goth kid growing up.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2020 03:08 PM
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
i think the thread is dislike rather than hate. Interesting you have abandoned rock, is that because you find beats more interesting than melody and lyrics.

I also thin your taste changes as your stages of like change and as the time many bands belong to wanes. I was a little young for true punk, I didn't enter my teens till 1980. The moment for punk was short lived and caused by a variety of socio economic issues. Does that stop me enjoying it in hindsight? No, does it reduce its personal relevance... sure. A lot of what we liked becomes Nostalgia, who we were with, what we were doing and that in itself is viewed through a distorting lens.

yeah i mean the posts that say "now i think they're utter shity garbage" not just "don't really like them now"

and well classical music just feels insanely more emotional, way more raw emotions for me, has more beauty for me, is far broader, rock feels insanely simple compared to the scale of old symphonies

Old Post Jul 20th, 2020 03:18 PM
gold slorg is currently offline Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can appreciate classical and rock music equally, along with electronic, ambient, folk, metal, etc.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2020 03:20 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was a total goth kid growing up.
Me too, the cure, bauhuas etc.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2020 03:53 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by gold slorg
yeah i mean the posts that say "now i think they're utter shity garbage" not just "don't really like them now"

and well classical music just feels insanely more emotional, way more raw emotions for me, has more beauty for me, is far broader, rock feels insanely simple compared to the scale of old symphonies
I can appreciate classical and rock music equally, along with electronic, ambient, folk, metal, etc.
yeah, i like some classical too. No all, but then I don't like all of any genre, but I like some of most.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2020 03:54 PM