KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The ST being retconned??

The ST being retconned??
Started by: Eli Vanto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

The ST being retconned??

These are just UNCONFIRMED rumors right now, but thought it was interesting.

It's said that the events from The Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Skywalker "will be removed from canon, isolated in their own alternate timeline and regarded as an Elseworlds-like installment under the label of Star Wars Legends."

Regarding how they are going to undo the Disney Star Wars sequels, it involves The Emperor:

Emperor Palpatine had a room on the second Death Star called The Room of Mirrors. The mirrors were created by The Emperor prior to the Death Star through the Dark Side using ancient Sith rituals. These mirrors linked to the Veil of The Force served many purposes. Using them, Palpatine could manipulate The Force in many ways to further his aims. For example, the use of the mirrors allowed Palpatine to cloud the Jedi Council to conceal himself and his dark apprentices from the Jedi and from Force-sensitives that followed their fall.

Using the mirrors allowed Palpatine to access the awesome powers of the Veil of The Force. They were indispensable tools that allowed him to rise to the pinnacle of ultimate power. It is this conceit that explains how Palpatine survived Darth Vader throwing him down the shaft in the throne room of the Death Star. In desperation as he fell, Palpatine opened a portal to the Veil of The Force and entered it. This explains why Palpatine is in such a damaged state in the Rise of Skywalker, as transporting himself into the Veil without the aid of the mirrors drained him and damaged him severely.

But The Emperor created a second set of mirrors on Exegol that allowed him to escape where he plotted the rise of the Empire.

Regarding how things will be reset, it's explained that all one has to do is go into the Veil of Mirrors and wait for Palpatine to enter, as the Veil is "a mystical dimension where in all times collide," which will cause the Disney Star Wars trilogy to "consign to its own alternate timeline forever" as "Palpatine enters the Veil and never gets back to Exegol."

"[The Emperor] is prevented from using the mirrors to return, he dies as he was intended to [in Return of the Jedi], and and all our problems are solved."

So since The Emperor never survives, that means the events from Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Skywalker never comes to pass in the George Lucas timeline.

"No Disney sequel trilogy, Han doesn't walk stupidly into a lightsaber, Leia doesn't fly like Mary Poppins through space, Luke has nothing to run away from and consumes no green milk, and I am informed there will be no amazing 'wonder Rey' as she was born after The Emperor's death," says Doomcock who notes the particulars are still getting worked on, but that the plan will "retcon the Sequel Trilogy out of our misery and restore freedom to George Lucas' galaxy."

Proof that this may be happening is a scene that was included in Rise of Skywalker which featured Rey confronting her Dark Side self, where mirrors can be seen in the background. It's said it's unknown if Abrams knew what the scene was about, but it "demonstrates the plausibility of this rumor."

The scene features broken mirrors, where one mirror is still intact which the Dark Side Rey emerges from.
https://cosmicbook.news/disney-rese...asing-last-jedi

Thoughts???

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 02:42 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Yeah that would just be the worse thing that they could do. Cause then it just shows that they won't stick to what they make and could just throw it away at a moment's notice.

Granted that kinda does already happen with the retcons/changes and whatever that are already going on, but still. They should just stick with what they did, no matter how poorly that was and move on, otherwise no one is going to take any of this seriously.

Also the mirrors just sound really stupid. He had them this whole time as far back as the PT which clouded the Jedi? Well that just drastically reduced his power. Who knows what else these mirrors can do, are they now amplifying him too and that all one needs to do is destroy them?

If he has these mirrors for that long and they could be used in such a way to see everything, then how the hell did Palpatine lose?

No...no, let's hope not for this. The mirrors are just mirrors, that Dark Rey was just some vision thing, it's not anything connected to a bigger thing.

"Hey let's just throw anything we don't like or screw up royally, by using these mirrors!"

I mean does anyone realize how stupid that sounds?

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jul 1st, 2020 at 02:54 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 02:48 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

I'm 100% sure this is BS

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 03:01 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I could see them altering or expanding on a few things by way of TWBW, but I don't see them outright scrapping the entire ST.

Also, that description makes it sound like those "mirrors" allowed Palpatine to directly access TWBW... Something he explicitly could not do on his own as of Rebels. If he had that kind of power, he would have been literally unstoppable.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 1st, 2020 at 03:12 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 03:10 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
I could see them altering or expanding on a few things by way of TWBW, but I don't see them outright scrapping the entire ST.

Also, that description makes it sound like those "mirrors" allowed Palpatine to directly access TWBW... Something he explicitly could not do on his own as of Rebels. If he had that kind of power, he would have been literally unstoppable.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 03:16 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

I just saw who is the source, lol.
This Doomcock guy is about as reliable as Mike Zeroh (not reliable at all). Do yourself a favour and ignore anyrhing he says. He is just a bullshiter.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 03:24 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"Doomcock"

Sounds like a pretty straight shooter, IMO. thumb up

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 03:59 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

This would mean Disney is a complete failure, it means they lacked organization, they lacked knowledge of the franchise or had no respect for it... but you know what? I’d accept it, because the plot holes of the sequel trilogy are just too much..

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 05:43 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lDarth Nihilusl
Lord of Hunger

I heard that's fake.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 06:21 PM
Click here to Send lDarth Nihilusl a Private Message Find more posts by lDarth Nihilusl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

The ST is complete shit and should rightfully be scrapped. But there's no need to make up an in-universe explanation for it. Just refuse to acknowledge it and release new works as if it never happened at all.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
"Doomcock"

Sounds like a pretty straight shooter, IMO. thumb up

laughing out loud

His youtube channel is pretty entertaining, but let's be honest --- all those recent news regarding the Star Wars continuity reset are little more than clickbait.

Disney invested too much. Carrie Fisher died. They're not gonna just back-pedal and start anew.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 08:53 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Agree. Shitty as the ST films are, retconning that entire continuity is something I cannot ever imagine Disney doing... Especially in the way Mr. Doomcock described. It would just open up more plot-holes than there already are.

I could totally see them making more subtle retcons/additions to the ST, though. TWBW is the ultimate plot device to make shit like that happen.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2020 09:02 PM
The Merchant

Nah, retconning something like that would be too crazy and potentially result in much worse potentials.

If anything that rumored Exogol film could at the very least be used to explain what was the deal with Palpatine in the ST. Basically, make a film centered about Palpatine while he was on Exogol during his time in the ST. It can also be used to partially explore his origins and even bring Plaguies into the mix if they wanna go there. Also explain his plans and what not.

Would it fix the ST? Hell no, but tie up loose ends at the very least. Make it 3 even 4 hours if need be and there ya go. Not saying this is a fool-proof idea either easily could become a disaster but not on the scale of retconning the ST.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 07:23 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

It's obviously fake, seriously how does anyone believe this shit.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 10:25 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Originally posted by Darthadi
I just saw who is the source, lol.
This Doomcock guy is about as reliable as Mike Zeroh (not reliable at all). Do yourself a favour and ignore anyrhing he says. He is just a bullshiter.
I noticed a lot of people besides him are pushing the news now.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 11:15 AM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

As great as it would be, it's obviously BS. Maybe a few decades down the road.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 11:54 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by The Merchant
Nah, retconning something like that would be too crazy and potentially result in much worse potentials.

If anything that rumored Exogol film could at the very least be used to explain what was the deal with Palpatine in the ST. Basically, make a film centered about Palpatine while he was on Exogol during his time in the ST. It can also be used to partially explore his origins and even bring Plaguies into the mix if they wanna go there. Also explain his plans and what not.

Would it fix the ST? Hell no, but tie up loose ends at the very least. Make it 3 even 4 hours if need be and there ya go. Not saying this is a fool-proof idea either easily could become a disaster but not on the scale of retconning the ST.

Sure, we need a 3-4h long film just to set him up for getting wtf pwned in TRoS laughing out loud

It wouldn't work, man.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 12:18 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lDarth Nihilusl
Lord of Hunger

I really hope they do lol

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 01:05 PM
Click here to Send lDarth Nihilusl a Private Message Find more posts by lDarth Nihilusl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Lol Dream On guys.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 02:02 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackShogun27

I just want them to continue Star Wars Legends dude. It ain't gonna ever have the spotlight like back in the day but they could at least mend some of those wounds they made over the last 7 years. What do you think. Where do you want Star Wars to go if this comes out to be true ? I want the past to be restored and continued. Others would rather it stay in its place. And many more have different opinions.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 12:50 AM
Click here to Send BlackShogun27 a Private Message Find more posts by BlackShogun27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote