KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Human-Animal Hybrids

Human-Animal Hybrids
Started by: Eon Blue

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Think it's fine. I get the impression people didn't really read the article.

"Hiromitsu Nakauchi, who leads teams at the University of Tokyo and Stanford University in California, plans to grow human cells in mouse and rat embryos and then transplant those embryos into surrogate animals. Nakauchi's ultimate goal is to produce animals with organs made of human cells that can, eventually, be transplanted into people."

He's not making half human half pig creatures or some shit. His goal is to create human organs to save lives.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2020 07:43 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes I'm in favor of this and also in using stem cells to help heal people.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2020 07:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Instead of asking how an all powerful cosmic being supposedly did something you should be asking why it took it supposedly took 6 days to do it instead of being done instantly.

You have to be born a magic baby.
no kidding!

edit: it sounds like they are using stem cells or atleast something very similar. Yay science!

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2020 08:28 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire

"Hiromitsu Nakauchi, who leads teams at the University of Tokyo and Stanford University in California, plans to grow human cells in mouse and rat embryos and then transplant those embryos into surrogate animals. Nakauchi's ultimate goal is to produce animals with organs made of human cells that can, eventually, be transplanted into people."

He's not making half human half pig creatures or some shit. His goal is to create human organs to save lives.
Yeah, I didn't read it. Interesting send probably rejection free.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2020 09:28 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought 6 days was the amount of time it took him to create the universe?

Speaking of the universe, how big do you think the universe is? Do you think there are planets, etc. outside our solar system? Just curious.

That's correct. Man was created on day 6 though. He was the last thing God created. Also, unlike everything else He created, God actually used His hands to create man from the dust of the ground. Everything else He created simply by speaking it into existence ( that's how powerful His Word is, and Jesus Christ is the living Word of God so, in effect, Jesus is basically the Creator). It shows that man is special in comparison to the rest of creation.

LoL. Of course I think there are other planets outside of our solar system. I hope you don't think I'm one of those crazy flat-earthers just because I"m a creationist. I've said before that flat earthers make up only a tiny percentage of creationists.

I have.no idea exactly how big the universe is nor do I think any other human being truly knows. I just know it's really, really big.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 01:28 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

To be honest, it's true that I didn't read the article till sometime after I made my second post. I was going to amend my original thoughts on the subject after I read it but decided it wasn't worth the trouble to type out.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 01:33 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes I'm in favor of this and also in using stem cells to help heal people.

I'm against stem cells that come from aborted babies but otherwise I'm cool with it. And, I suppose I'm actually ok with what the article is claiming as well.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 01:35 AM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Instead of asking how an all powerful cosmic being supposedly did something you should be asking why it took it supposedly took 6 days to do it instead of being done instantly.

You have to be born a magic baby.

Surtur, of course God could've done it all instantaneously if He wanted. The truth is though, God did it in six days and rested on the seventh for man's benefit. Where do you truly think our seven day week comes from? It comes from creation week.

Surely you don't think it "evolved" from evolutionists do you? LOL.

Our year system is based around Jesus Christ's birth though despite those who want to remove Christ from history trying to change what BC and AD truly mean. It is the single.most important event in history, outside of creation itself, that is.

Well, actually, Christ's death, burial, and resurrection is truly the most significant (outside of creation week itself) which is why I think our year/calendar system should be based around that instead.

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jul 6th, 2020 at 01:50 AM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 01:39 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think there's more to it than that. Why do they have names that sound like Sun day, moon day, woden's day thor's day, saturn's day etc.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 01:45 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Right, the concern was enhanced cognitive function as a byprodruct of the cells introduced.

I get the feeling many ppl post without reading said articles or supporting documents.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 03:15 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
I think there's more to it than that. Why do they have names that sound like Sun day, moon day, woden's day thor's day, saturn's day etc.
laughing out loud and again thumb up zing!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 10:44 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I made this same thread about a year ago. I still don't think people understand what it entails when they speak of mixing human and animal DNA. It's not about creating ManBearPig.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 08:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
It's not about creating ManBearPig.

But it should be.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 08:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I made this same thread about a year ago. I still don't think people understand what it entails when they speak of mixing human and animal DNA. It's not about creating ManBearPig.
their are many different ways to do it Rob, despite having 1 less chromosome than chimps that doesn't necessarily preclude a chimera. Some closely related animals with slight chromosomal variations can breed. Particularly where like with us two primate chromosomes have functionally fused. Then you have gene insertion. Biohackers have even stuck jellyfish "glow" genes in themselves... unsuccessfully sadly using Crispr. Then you have human genes in other animals like human Insulin in Cows as pharmaceutical factories. The you have stem cell techniques like this article. Probably other things I am not aware of tbh.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 08:39 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

mama had a chicken, mama had a cow

dad was proud, he didn't care how

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 08:47 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
their are many different ways to do it Rob, despite having 1 less chromosome than chimps that doesn't necessarily preclude a chimera. Some closely related animals with slight chromosomal variations can breed. Particularly where like with us two primate chromosomes have functionally fused. Then you have gene insertion. Biohackers have even stuck jellyfish "glow" genes in themselves... unsuccessfully sadly using Crispr. Then you have human genes in other animals like human Insulin in Cows as pharmaceutical factories. The you have stem cell techniques like this article. Probably other things I am not aware of tbh.
Yes, but this research is about growing human organs and tissue in animals, for the use of transplanting them in humans who have need. While people read the headline and think someone's playing Dr. Moreau.

Though I personally do believe somewhere in some government and/or large biomedical lab there have been attempts to create a true human-animal hybrid like we see in science fiction.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 08:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

A Russian biologist tried to create human-ape hybrids.

Supposedly it failed.

Supposedly.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 08:55 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, but this research is about growing human organs and tissue in animals, for the use of transplanting them in humans who have need. While people read the headline and think someone's playing Dr. Moreau.

Though I personally do believe somewhere in some government and/or large biomedical lab there have been attempts to create a true human-animal hybrid like we see in science fiction.
Yeah it's stem cell organ tech basically turn of the century stuff being applied here. Almost no doubt that some hybrids have and are happening, what is more interesting is selecting human traits and editing and enhancing humans.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 08:55 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I want cat powers.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 08:59 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindship
I want cat powers.
i actually have skunk powers after an Indian Curry.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 09:01 PM