KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Strength increasing ability.

Strength increasing ability.
Started by: JBL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
They've been talking about their boats and their mothers for months.

You expect them to stop now? Good luck...

I make it a point to give people warnings before I bring out the hammer.

It's only fair.

Originally posted by carver9
@Smurph...

Not what I'm saying. The debate on if Superman having dynamic strength been going on for years now with both camps not conceding. It changes nothing here. If the topic being discussed is debatable, then you honestly can't compare a debatable discussion with Hulk who truly have un-debatable dynamic power. It is no comparison at all. I still feel as if the thread doesn't need to be crowded with a Superman discussion, let alone a Superman vs Hulk discussion.

smile

lol, wtf. You saying it's debatable when DC themselves say it's not, doesn't make it debatable.

You can have a "debate" about the Earth being flat, but it doesn't mean both sides have equal merit.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 11:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by -Pr-

It's only fair.

lol, wtf. You saying it's debatable when DC themselves say it's not, doesn't make it debatable.

You can have a "debate" about the Earth being flat, but it doesn't mean both sides have equal merit.

Lol... what you just typed is true but it doesn't go against what I am saying. What I am saying is, people have been debating this topic for years now (not talking about just myself) which means Superman having dynamic strength is debatable since some believe he does and some believe he doesnt. This means it is debatable.

Example, some people believe Superman is as strong or stronger than Hulk while some don't. This means that this topic is debatable without a factual outcome. Me believing Hulk is stronger doesnt make it a fact. Its still a topic that will go on forever which makes it debatable.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 12:09 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think you do this shit on purpose.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 12:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I think you do this shit on purpose.

Lol... nope. You all have this image of me always being wrong, so when you see me post something with the word Superman in it, you all immediately stand on your toes. My post was innocent.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 12:12 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Lol... nope. You all have this image of me always being wrong, so when you see me post something with the word Superman in it, you all immediately stand on your toes. My post was innocent.

Dude.

"Debate" usually means that both sides have merit. What you're talking about is an argument. They aren't the same thing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 12:18 PM
carver9

Dude.

"Debate" usually means that both sides have merit. What you're talking about is an argument. They aren't the same thing.

So youre saying the peeps that don't believe he have dynamic strength is 100% wrong?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 12:50 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So youre saying the peeps that don't believe he have dynamic strength is 100% wrong?

When DC says they're wrong, then yes, they are.

DC, for better or worse, decides what Superman is and isn't. Not me (unfortunately), and not you (thank ****ing god). I would love to be able to go against them on a whole number of issues (both Superman-related and otherwise), but I can't. Because then we wouldn't be talking about Superman anymore. It would be My version of Superman, not DC's.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 01:18 PM
-K-M-

Steel’s kinetic hammer

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 01:40 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Carver, hello!!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 07:01 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

@Smurph...

Not what I'm saying. The debate on if Superman having dynamic strength been going on for years now with both camps not conceding. It changes nothing here. If the topic being discussed is debatable, then you honestly can't compare a debatable discussion with Hulk who truly have un-debatable dynamic power. It is no comparison at all. I still feel as if the thread doesn't need to be crowded with a Superman discussion, let alone a Superman vs Hulk discussion.

smile

You've been given explicitly the types of examples you've asked for, and didn't even acknowledge them. Easy to not concede when you pretend the very examples you want don't exist.

It's only fair.

To be fair, he probably does believe the Earth is flat, hence his overall posting.

Lol... what you just typed is true but it doesn't go against what I am saying. What I am saying is, people have been debating this topic for years now (not talking about just myself) which means Superman having dynamic strength is debatable since some believe he does and some believe he doesnt. This means it is debatable.

Example, some people believe Superman is as strong or stronger than Hulk while some don't. This means that this topic is debatable without a factual outcome. Me believing Hulk is stronger doesnt make it a fact. Its still a topic that will go on forever which makes it debatable.

I would ask you why you argue this after ignoring the examples that fit what you asked for, but I'm certain you'll pretend you never saw them. Good odd you won't even acknowledge being called out for this.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 03:19 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Carver, hello!!

Carver, hello!!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 03:20 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

I think we are arguing 2 different things.

1. Can SM str increase without a sundip? Answer: Yes, but it works on a different principle than the Hulk. Also b/c SM vast array of powers and the fact he rarely ever finds anyone even close to his power lvl he never has to push on his breakers to go full out. So b/c of that there's been this urban myth that SM STR lvl is static.

2. IS SM str infinite? Answer:No, but for intents and purpose it might as well be

The next question can be is the Hulk potentially stronger than SM. The answer is nuanced, in SW1 Hulk held up a mountain said to be the size of the Colorado Rockies it was beyond the abilities of everyone including Thor. Yet WW, SG or SM could easily equal it with ease. Simply put Marvel Strongmen for the most part would be considered TT or Outsiders lvl not JL. Given Marvel push for a nebulous everyone CL 90+ can be defeated by everyone else in a similar STR lvl or with teamwork it's hard to grade them. The only exception being the Hulk whose STR is said to be infinite the problem with the Hulk a 100 tons start of point is a joke by DC standards even WG can easily lift 100X that if not more. SM can easily lift tectonic plates so the chance of the Hulk ever showing up SM is practically nill but in some far future event yet created is possible just not probable.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 03:56 PM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Originally posted by shadowknight
I think we are arguing 2 different things.

1. Can SM str increase without a sundip? Answer: Yes, but it works on a different principle than the Hulk. Also b/c SM vast array of powers and the fact he rarely ever finds anyone even close to his power lvl he never has to push on his breakers to go full out. So b/c of that there's been this urban myth that SM STR lvl is static.

2. IS SM str infinite? Answer:No, but for intents and purpose it might as well be

The next question can be is the Hulk potentially stronger than SM. The answer is nuanced, in SW1 Hulk held up a mountain said to be the size of the Colorado Rockies it was beyond the abilities of everyone including Thor. Yet WW, SG or SM could easily equal it with ease. Simply put Marvel Strongmen for the most part would be considered TT or Outsiders lvl not JL. Given Marvel push for a nebulous everyone CL 90+ can be defeated by everyone else in a similar STR lvl or with teamwork it's hard to grade them. The only exception being the Hulk whose STR is said to be infinite the problem with the Hulk a 100 tons start of point is a joke by DC standards even WG can easily lift 100X that if not more. SM can easily lift tectonic plates so the chance of the Hulk ever showing up SM is practically nill but in some far future event yet created is possible just not probable.
That was well thought out.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 04:20 PM
lawest9 is online now! Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

His post is WRONG but it was detailed. Incorrect and inaccurate information throughout the entirety of it but i do thank him for the read.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 04:41 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He/she is at least right about the first part, and I can't fault anyone for sitting down and taking the time to explain their position in detail.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 04:44 PM
darthgoober

When DC says they're wrong, then yes, they are.

DC, for better or worse, decides what Superman is and isn't. Not me (unfortunately), and not you (thank ****ing god). I would love to be able to go against them on a whole number of issues (both Superman-related and otherwise), but I can't. Because then we wouldn't be talking about Superman anymore. It would be My version of Superman, not DC's.

Don't we actually do that very thing all the time though? I mean DC has said that WW has faster reflexes than Supes, but some people still argue against it because they don't see it as being consistent enough in portrayal. By the same token can't someone see a handful of instances of genuine dynamic strength from Supes as being inconsistent with the thousands of other Supes's appearances without being guilty of substituting their own version of the character?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 06:49 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by darthgoober
Don't we actually do that very thing all the time though? I mean DC has said that WW has faster reflexes than Supes, but some people still argue against it because they don't see it as being consistent enough in portrayal. By the same token can't someone see a handful of instances of genuine dynamic strength from Supes as being inconsistent with the thousands of other Supes's appearances without being guilty of substituting their own version of the character?

DC didn't say it, it was an opinion shared by a writer and even in the comic it was an opinion shared by Batman with which Superman disagreed.

Its hardly the same with several writers showing Superman having dynamic strength.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 06:59 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by darthgoober

What you're talking about there is two different things. The first is why we use averages.

If DC publishes ten comics, and in each comic is a direct comparison between Superman and Wonder Woman's speed, then we go by who has the most "victories" as it were.

So essentially, if you ask DC ten times who's faster, and they say Superman nine times but Diana once, then we take it as Superman being the answer.

As far as the strength thing goes? That's more a question of the nature of comics. When a hero has a "super duper attack" that would wipe his/her enemy off the face of the Earth if he or she used it, how often are they really likely to use it?

Superman's dynamic strength is no different from, say, Cyclops's OML blast. He rarely uses it, but it's happened enough times that we know it's there.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 07:17 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by abhilegend
DC didn't say it, it was an opinion shared by a writer and even in the comic it was an opinion shared by Batman with which Superman disagreed.

Its hardly the same with several writers showing Superman having dynamic strength.

It was the guy DC put in charge of writing Supes who said it, thus DC said it. Again, not consistently, but it was said at least twice. I'm not saying that it's directly comparable, I'm saying the difference is a matter of degree and is therefor a matter of opinion as to where the line should be drawn unless KMC sets more specific and less subjective standards on when what's on panel should be ignored.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 07:20 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

What you're talking about there is two different things. The first is why we use averages.

If DC publishes ten comics, and in each comic is a direct comparison between Superman and Wonder Woman's speed, then we go by who has the most "victories" as it were.

So essentially, if you ask DC ten times who's faster, and they say Superman nine times but Diana once, then we take it as Superman being the answer.

As far as the strength thing goes? That's more a question of the nature of comics. When a hero has a "super duper attack" that would wipe his/her enemy off the face of the Earth if he or she used it, how often are they really likely to use it?

Superman's dynamic strength is no different from, say, Cyclops's OML blast. He rarely uses it, but it's happened enough times that we know it's there.

Yes but we don't actually have those 10 direct comparisons of reflex speed between Supes and Diana. His advantage in raw speed was specifically referenced so showings where his raw speed could be a major factor aren't actually contradictory in any way. Given the difficulty in writing a scenario where such a subtle facet is displayed, I'd be pretty willing to bet that there's very little i the way of instances where such a thing was demonstrated.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 07:26 PM