KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » China are being dicks again.

China are being dicks again.
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Mellman remarks as such. He believes Trump still has a 25% chance of winning.

I'm wondering how many Democratic strategists are going to warn the voters to not rule Trump out?

They did that with Bernie: "Go vote or Bernie loses." And they simply didn't show up at the polls. This is the same problem with Biden: just lack of enthusiasm. I think it was also Mellman that said that black voters will not necessarily vote for Trump, they just won't show up at the polls for Biden.

Black vote + Latino vote can make or break this election for either candidate.

Did u see this:

Trump Has 91 Percent Chance of Winning Reelection: Political Science Professor

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 07:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Have you ever looked in the mirror?

*yawn*

You and your butt buddies pooty and bashy are far more of a snowflake than I'll ever be.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
I think unfortunately we might see challenges to the election results either way.

If Biden wins some will blame voter fraud, etc.

If Trump wins some will blame covid and russia.

So if Trump wins I hope voter turnout is comparable to 2016 so people can't blame covid.

Might?

Trump has once again already forecast that should he lose, he will cry foul and contest it. Just like he did in 2016.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Never really followed The Mellman Group. But 25% chance doesn't seem like a crazy number at this point in time. Could go up or down as we're still months away.

Apparently, Mark Mellman is working with Biden's election campaign. So he's at least providing "Biden for President" with information that will help him get elected.

Edit - To put that number into context, Hillary was projected to win with over 95% confidence.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 07:01 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Apparently, Mark Mellman is working with Biden's election campaign. So he's at least providing "Biden for President" with information that will help him get elected.

Edit - To put that number into context, Hillary was projected to win with over 95% confidence.

Did not know. But anyone doing the "Trump can't win" strategy in 2020 is a fool. He can still win, in fact, it's Trump's election to lose as the incumbent.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 07:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
*yawn*

You and your butt buddies pooty and bashy are far more of a snowflake than I'll ever be.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 07:06 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I'd have to dig into his polling methods. He may be over-sampling Trump-supporters.

Are his respondents representative of:

1. Likely voters
2. Likely voters by age with appropriate sample distribution across the age brackets that also matches up against likely voters (if you over-sample those "darn" 45-85 likely voters for a particular geography, you'll obviously over-sample for Trump support - the sample should be representative of the population).
3. Controlling for working, young, and busy.
4. Controlling for the Bradley Effect.

If he did all 4 of those, used multiple sampling methods, and also used multiple sampling sources (#3), yeah, he'd be correct.

Of course, ensuring he based those results on the electoral college and not the popular vote.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jul 8th, 2020 at 07:09 PM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 07:07 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd have to dig into his polling methods. He may be over-sampling Trump-supporters.

1. Likely voters
2. Likely voters by age with appropriate sample distribution across the age brackets that also matches up against likely voters (if you over-sample those "darn" 45-85 likely voters for a particular geography, you'll obviously over-sample for Trump support - the sample should be representative of the population).

If he did all 4 of those, used multiple sampling methods, and also used multiple sampling sources (#3), yeah, he'd be correct.

Of course, ensuring he based those results on the electoral college and not the popular vote.
please don't "dig into the polling methods DDM" no

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 07:19 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

1. Likely voters

You've said Trump has a "100%" chance of winning in Nov. So how can this 91% chance also be correct?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 07:22 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

You've said Trump has a "100%" chance of winning in Nov. So how can this 91% chance also be correct?
It's DDM maths it enters the realms when dissected tbh.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 07:24 PM
dadudemon

I'm too stupid to understand your point.

What does the first thing, which is unrelated to the sampling methodology, have to do with the second thing, which is an actual scientific poll that may have questionable sampling methods?

Or did you not read my post at all where I laid out everything that would be required to make that 91% figure correct?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 07:34 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm too stupid to understand your point.

What does the first thing, which is unrelated to the sampling methodology, have to do with the second thing, which is an actual scientific poll that may have questionable sampling methods?

Or did you not read my post at all where I laid out everything that would be required to make that 91% figure correct?
thumb up wink

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 07:44 PM