KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Who actually destroyed Luke's temple?

Who actually destroyed Luke's temple?
Started by: Eli Vanto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Who actually destroyed Luke's temple?

In Rise of Kylo Ren #1 we saw Luke's Jedi temple destroyed by a massive bolt of lightning-

(please log in to view the image)

Now that everything is all said and done, who do you think was actually responsible for generating that lightning?

Kylo, Snoke, or Sidious?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 12:49 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yoda

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 01:17 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Probably Palpatine.

During RoS itself, Palpatine tells Kylo that he had been "every voice you have ever heard inside your head" -- and we actually saw him telepathically communing with Kylo at the end of the series:
https://i.imgur.com/jyDjG4a.jpg

This is important because just after the Temple went kablooey, we saw that same voice(Palpatine's voice) speaking to Ben:
https://i.imgur.com/OSUibFs.jpg

So logically speaking, the Temple's destruction was engineered/carried out by Palpatine as one of the final tipping points to make Ben seek out Snoke and embrace the dark side.

It definitely wasn't Kylo, imo. Not only was he legitimately shocked after the Temple had been destroyed, but he never demonstrated the ability to produce lightning at all(let alone ranged lightning on that scale.) I suppose it *may* have been Snoke, but I doubt it.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 8th, 2020 at 02:02 PM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 01:56 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Even if it was Snoke, Sidious could still duplicate the showing considering he is more powerful. smile

But I think it could have also been the Knights of Ren.

Ren- "Lets go find something to burn"-
https://i.postimg.cc/7Z5vSsmG/Star-...1-of-04-005.jpg

Cut to the temple burning-
https://i.postimg.cc/prcGTxN0/Star-...1-of-04-007.jpg

Maybe the Knights actually blew up the Temple, and Snoke or Sidious just put the illusion of a lightning storm being the cause in Kylo's mind?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 02:14 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Plot twist. It was just a random bolt of lightning. No rhyme or reason, just a random act of nature. Makes about as much sense as the ST.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 05:19 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sheev
Even if it was Snoke, Sidious could still duplicate the showing considering he is more powerful. smile

But I think it could have also been the Knights of Ren.

Ren- "Lets go find something to burn"-
https://i.postimg.cc/7Z5vSsmG/Star-...1-of-04-005.jpg

Cut to the temple burning-
https://i.postimg.cc/prcGTxN0/Star-...1-of-04-007.jpg

Maybe the Knights actually blew up the Temple, and Snoke or Sidious just put the illusion of a lightning storm being the cause in Kylo's mind?

I thought it was the Knights as well, because of that dialogue the had before.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 06:00 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

How do you explain the lightning storm then?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I mean, you'd *think* Luke(or his students) would have sensed the KoR arriving on their world, and/or noticed them planting explosives around the Temple. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 06:48 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

It pretty much has to be Palpatine. You think Snoke would be so shitless scared of Luke if he could just one shot the temple. Although I assume Luke needed to be out of the picture for this to happen or it would've been done earlier? Or maybe just perfect timing.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 07:35 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Yeah now I think it was probably Sidious, but when I first read it that was how I interpreted it. The knights say “let’s burn something” and then it cuts to the temple burning.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 02:59 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It was Yoda.

That green bastard is the biggest villain of the Star Wars universe... first deliberately losing to Sidious, then wrecking Luke's temple.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 04:38 PM