KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » So cancel culture.

So cancel culture.
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

So cancel culture.

I just read about a Magic artist who was outed for allegedly following and liking "alt right", "conspiracy theorists", and "anti-semetic tweets."

She tried to apologize and wait out the storm, but then a video was posted of her gifting stuff to right wingers.

Rather convenient, isn't it?

I got to thinking, who's digging up the dirt, and monitoring channels, and making videos?

I guess what I'm asking, is does cancel culture happen organically? Or is there an element of professional opportunism happening, the same way people have assassinated the competition since the beginning of careers?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 02:04 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Alt-right conspiracy theorists". Given how leftists nowadays call anyone "alt-right" who doesn't share their radical leftist positions I'm skeptical that the person(s) accused of being alt-right are in fact are. If they truly did post something anti-semitic then they likely are though. Though keep in mind that anti-semitism is just as prevalent if not moreso on the far left than it is on the alt-right.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 02:13 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
"Alt-right conspiracy theorists". Given how leftists nowadays call anyone "alt-right" who doesn't share their radical leftist positions I'm skeptical that the person(s) accused of being alt-right are in fact are. If they truly did post something anti-semitic then they likely are though. Though keep in mind that anti-semitism is just as prevalent if not moreso on the far left than it is on the alt-right.

Well, Alex Jones was a follow.

The anti-semetic tweet was a black woman who said "I really thought we could put American interests first, but its obvious the Zio-Cons are in charge right now."

As in pro-zionist's, I'd assume.

The thing is, many Democrats in general are anti-zionists.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 02:16 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah, Alex Jones.. of course. Why did I suspect that was who they were talking about? The truth is though that Alex Jones is not alt-right and he is not even remotely anti-semitic. Conspiracy theorist? Maybe, but he's not alt-right.

Jones is actually a libertarian. At least, he used to be. I think I recall him saying recently that as he's gotten older that he's become more conservative. That's the case with a lot of people though.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jul 9th, 2020 at 02:29 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 02:23 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by cdtm
Well, Alex Jones was a follow.

The anti-semetic tweet was a black woman who said "I really thought we could put American interests first, but its obvious the Zio-Cons are in charge right now."

As in pro-zionist's, I'd assume.

The thing is, many Democrats in general are anti-zionists.

Then you have your answer. The person trying to cancel her is clearly a leftist Jew who took issue with her anti-Zionist rhetoric/support.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 02:24 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Re: So cancel culture.

Originally posted by cdtm
I guess what I'm asking, is does cancel culture happen organically? Or is there an element of professional opportunism happening, the same way people have assassinated the competition since the beginning of careers?

No, it's a minority of vocal groups/individuals that get to use social media as an applifier for their shitty and petty mssging to quell speech hiding behind a smoke screen of moral outrage to stifle free speech and now to even ruin lives.

As an example of moral outrage bereft of any clear and conscious thought, questioning BLM can get you fired in some places, it's become clear it's not about race but power dynamics:

"If you don't sign up for racism, you're a racist" ----forgotten author but not my words.

It's not organic wink

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 03:01 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

We have the case of David Shor, who tweeted out a study conducted by a black man showing riots do not cause people to come out and vote for democrats.

Mob cried and he was fired.

He's a democrat too. This is bizarre. I thought they loved science and facts and all this stuff.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 03:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

If I held a professional career I'd probably be outed for all of the stupid shit I said during my early twenties and teen years. People change.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 06:06 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

This pity party thread is awesome laughing top notch! thumb up

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 07:01 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

its a thread.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 07:06 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
its a thread.
it's a on a the biscuit thread.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 07:07 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
This pity party thread is awesome laughing top notch! thumb up

^Hypocrisy that borders on mental illness.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 07:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
You victims... laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 07:19 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 07:30 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

You victims... laughing out loud

Let them victim.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 07:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Let them victim.
thumb up it's what they do.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 07:50 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 07:52 PM
snowdragon

it's a on a the biscuit thread.

I see you've really upped your fiber intake to let your thoughts flow more freely laughing

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 08:10 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
I see you've really upped your fiber intake to let your thoughts flow more freely laughing
Haha, good try. Are you going to join the Trumper pity party too? smile

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 08:12 PM
snowdragon

Haha, good try. Are you going to join the Trumper pity party too? smile

No, I wish Sasha Baron Cohen could reinterview him with Who is America but he already rolled him as Ali G and I doubt he'd fall for it again.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 08:31 PM