KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Rights Struggle with Science.

The Rights Struggle with Science.
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden_2.0
Awful

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
That's why I don't go in for those click-baity things that tell you whether you're centrist/left/right/whatever. Merely 'knowing' that a political ideal I have leans slightly more in one direction that I would like isn't enough to make me change it.

Like I'm supposed to go; Oh no, my opinion on prison reform is apparently more authoritarian than I want it to be, I'd better step in line.

That's partly my stance. I'm also not averse to changing my stand on subjects when I learn more about them so I tend not to worry about where my own opinions fit on the political spectrum.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 06:42 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

so it's made up.
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I have a better definition from a specialized dictionary:

gen·der noun The attitudes, behaviors, norms, and roles that a culture or society assigns to an individual on the basis of his or her sex at birth.

The simplest distinction between gender and sex is that gender is socially-constructed whereas sex is biological.

Gender is a system created to establish differences between men and women that are not natural or biological and reinforce those differences as essential.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 06:48 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yes, people have been saying gender is made up (ie a social construction), while biological sex isn't for a long time.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 07:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

And those people who claim gender is just a "social construct" are wrong, Rob.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jul 15th, 2020 at 07:18 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 07:16 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
And those people who claim gender is just a "social construct" are wrong, Rob.

The very fact that different societies through the ages have different views of gender proves otherwise. Gender is a social construction, gender is not biological like sex.

eg In the Philippines to this day they have what is referred to as a 3rd gender. The "Bakla", it's a social construct.

Last edited by Robtard on Jul 15th, 2020 at 07:24 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 07:21 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
The very fact that different societies through the ages have different views of gender proves otherwise. Gender is a social construction, gender is not biological like sex.

eg In the Philippines to this day they have what is referred to as a 3rd gender. The "Bakla", it's a social construct.
it is, actually many other countries in Asia do similar.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 07:27 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

You’re a triggered leftist.

EDIT: Triggered rightist, I’m sorry.

I will never be a memory.

Last edited by Eon Blue on Jul 15th, 2020 at 07:44 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 07:42 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Yes, people have been saying gender is made up (ie a social construction), while biological sex isn't for a long time.
Well why bother with total bollocks?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 07:58 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

For what it's worth Germans have a neutral gender. Mules are an example.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 07:59 PM
Adam_PoE

I still laugh at how Kent Hovind triggers morons and haters ike you lol. He knows far more about actual science than you do.

I see you still haven't called him up to debate. Hmm, wonder why that is, exactly. We both know the reason. It's because you'd lose, badly, just as pretty much everyone else who debates him loses.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 08:01 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

^*yawn*

Ad hominem. "Duh, because Hovind served time in prison that proves he doesn't know science her derp!". laughing out loud

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jul 15th, 2020 at 08:07 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 08:01 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

^*yawn*

Ad hominem.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 08:06 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

^*yawn*

Ad hominem. "Duh, because Hovind served time in prison that proves he doesn't know science her derp!". laughing out loud
He doesn't know science because he doesn't understand relativity.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 08:08 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pooty still hasn't manned-up and called to debate Hovind because he's so scared of him lol.

Hovind is just an old man, pooty. Come on, don't be chickenshit.

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jul 15th, 2020 at 08:11 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 08:09 PM
snowdragon

Pooty still hasn't manned-up and called to debate Hovind because he's so scared of him lol.

Hovind is just an old man, pooty. Come on, don't be chickenshit.

Didn't dd call to debate him?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 08:12 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by snowdragon
Didn't dd call to debate him?

Yes. There was no option to schedule a debate or even talk to him.

I think you need press or something public because he needs publicity for it.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 08:13 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

All you have to do is press the correct extension option. I believe it's #2.

How hard is that?

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jul 15th, 2020 at 08:17 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 08:14 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, and Hovind doesn't need any more publicity. He gets more than enough already as it is lol.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2020 08:15 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

All you have to do is press the correct number option. I believe it's #2.

How hard is that?
ill debate him here at KMC, get him to come.

Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
it is, actually many other countries in Asia do similar.

Gender just like 'race' are social constructs.

Which other Asian countries have similar?