KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTS Anakin vs TCW Maul and ROTS Dooku

ROTS Anakin vs TCW Maul and ROTS Dooku
Started by: Darthadi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I think the novelisations are all “sorta canon”

Like can probably use them in instances where they dont directly contradict Disney Canon.
That seems like a massive grey area and gets really confusing which is going to lead into huge disagreements.

I don't care either way if they are canon or not but we need an official ruling to be clear.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2020 06:06 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by juggernaut74
That seems like a massive grey area and gets really confusing which is going to lead into huge disagreements.

I don't care either way if they are canon or not but we need an official ruling to be clear.

They are a grey area for sure. If you like things to be black and white then id say ignore them.

However if someone is using a novelisation as supplementary evidence (not their main evidence) then I personally see nothing wrong with that.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2020 07:35 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

well from a pure canon standpoint, we see Anakin casually taking on multiple Jedi via the Temple security holograms so there's that

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 12:05 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

They are a grey area for sure. If you like things to be black and white then id say ignore them.

However if someone is using a novelisation as supplementary evidence (not their main evidence) then I personally see nothing wrong with that.
The post-2014 adult novels and such are still absolutely canon so long as they do not explicitly contradict the films.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 12:24 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Galan007
The post-2014 adult novels and such are still absolutely canon so long as they do not explicitly contradict the films.

Taking about the old (pre-TFA) movie novelisations.

Not sure if post 2014 reprints of them count anymore.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 12:36 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Gotcha. thumb up

I'd *think* the reprints would be canon if they now carry the Disney brand(without the corresponding "Legends" logo), but yeah, I'm honestly not sure where they stand.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 19th, 2020 at 12:44 AM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 12:41 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Maul is a non factor here
Dooku dies again

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 08:11 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Amped Anakin killed Dooku pretty quickly, if he's not being retarded I reckon he can take them both.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 09:56 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Scizard
Amped Anakin killed Dooku pretty quickly, if he's not being retarded I reckon he can take them both.
Yep. I believe the Jr novel states that they didn't want to make Dooku mad during the fight to amp him because he was already strong enough.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 02:12 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Yep. I believe the Jr novel states that they didn't want to make Dooku mad during the fight to amp him because he was already strong enough.
That was just Kenobi's musing after Anakin opened with his "my powers have doubled" comment.

But it ultimately didn't matter because Anakin went on to rape Dooku. smile

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 02:20 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Sheev
That was just Kenobi's musing after Anakin opened with his "my powers have doubled" comment.

But it ultimately didn't matter because Anakin went on to rape Dooku. smile
Yes we've already established Dark Side rage amped Anakin killed Dooku who wasn't rage amped.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 02:24 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

Yes. Dooku was fighting in his capacity as a Sith (like he'd fought everyone else before) and was raped by Anakin in just a few seconds after Anakin momentarily embraced the dark side.

Glad we agree.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 02:43 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Sheev
Yes. Dooku was fighting in his capacity as a Sith (like he'd fought everyone else before) and was raped by Anakin in just a few seconds after Anakin momentarily embraced the dark side.

Glad we agree.
Yea I agree Dooku never really tapped into his full Dark Side potential.

He never really used his full ability hence why he never had Sith eyes except once in the Clone Wars but that was a vision or something by Yoda.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 03:03 PM
Darth Thor

Yes we've already established Dark Side rage amped Anakin killed Dooku who wasn't rage amped.

Who said Anakin was rage amped in a way Dooku was not?

Both used the Dark Side, Anakin was simply the more powerful combatant.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 03:03 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Who said Anakin was rage amped in a way Dooku was not?

Both used the Dark Side, Anakin was simply the more powerful combatant.
The novel goes into detail on this.

Especially the Jr novel.

Last edited by juggernaut74 on Jul 19th, 2020 at 03:07 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 03:05 PM
Darth Thor

The novel goes into detail on this.

Especially the Jr novel.

He was accessing his anger/rage. But if you are trying to make out that Dooku was at an unfair did advantage due to Anakin using his rage, theres no basis for that.

Anakin simply has access to more rage and innate Force power than Dooku does.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 03:18 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

He was accessing his anger/rage. But if you are trying to make out that Dooku was at an unfair did advantage due to Anakin using his rage, theres no basis for that.

Anakin simply has access to more rage and innate Force power than Dooku does.
I don't believe Dooku was tapping into his rage during that fight.

That's it.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 03:21 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

Dooku was a Sith and was fighting as a Sith. OF COURSE he was accessing the dark side as he normally would lol.

Likewise, Anakin was not "rage amped". He was just allowing himself to consciously embrace the dark side for a moment, which allowed him to rape Dooku easily.

He's the Chosen one ffs. Obviously his ceiling is WAY higher than Dookus.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 03:36 PM
Darth Thor

^ Yeah plus Anakin seemed to have a ton of innate rage locked up inside him. Hence once he tapped that, Dooku was toast.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 03:46 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

You guys are correct Anakin was using pure rage/hatred in that moment.

However Dooku wasn't tapping into his rage/hatred in that fight. Obi-Wan wanted to make sure they didn't make him mad to the point where he fought with anger which in return would make him stronger.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2020 06:49 PM