KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » White St Louis couple who pointed guns at protesters to face charges

White St Louis couple who pointed guns at protesters to face charges
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...AndroidApp_Copy

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 12:43 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Ridiculous.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 12:51 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote:
Republican governor Mike Parson said in a radio interview on Friday that he would probably pardon them if they were to be convicted of anything.

Oh no

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 01:17 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

this is as dumb as it gets lol

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 01:20 AM
gold slorg is currently offline Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

It really is. Whirly posts dumb shit a lot

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 01:42 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh no!! A governor is going to pardon someone who was wrongly convicted for simply exercising their 2nd amendment rights!! This is unacceptable and just proves that the governor is Hitler!! How dare he?! LOL.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 02:45 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

While I understand that it's not necessarily illegal to carry a gun in the States (open carry laws and all that), is it not illegal to actually point it at someone?

I took one gun-safety class and I had things like "never point a gun at anyone unless you plan to use it" and "assume every gun is loaded" drilled in to my head.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 03:01 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
It really is. Whirly posts dumb shit a lot

just to be clear, i mean charges to guys defending their property from trespassing, not keking at governor or something

i don't care at all for the BLM stuff, but one law in the US is clear even to me as a European, your property is your fortress

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 03:04 AM
gold slorg is currently offline Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

The only ones that should've been arrested in this case are the left wing prosecutor who is charging them and the cops who violated the couple's rights by searching their property without just cause and illegally confiscating the man's registered firearm.

Yes, I know the cops had a search warrant but imo there was no real cause to issue such a warrant and so the cops shouldn't have searched his house and certainly shouldn't have taken his only means of self-defense. So yeah, the judge who issued the illegal search warrant should be arrested also, imo.

And don't feed me that BS line about the cops were only following orders. It was an illegal order and thus they shouldn't have followed it.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jul 21st, 2020 at 03:26 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 03:23 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by gold slorg
just to be clear, i mean charges to guys defending their property from trespassing, not keking at governor or something

i don't care at all for the BLM stuff, but one law in the US is clear even to me as a European, your property is your fortress

thumb up

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 03:24 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-
While I understand that it's not necessarily illegal to carry a gun in the States (open carry laws and all that), is it not illegal to actually point it at someone?

I took one gun-safety class and I had things like "never point a gun at anyone unless you plan to use it" and "assume every gun is loaded" drilled in to my head.

Well, in Keene, New Hampshire, a couple of college girls complained a guy pointed a shotgun at them from a pickup truck. The response was basically *Shrug*.

Brandishing is definitely against the law though.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 03:27 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Generally, unless the prosecutor is a political hack. nobody would face charges for displaying a gun in self-defense.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 05:06 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If convicted they are gonna get pardoned so this is all a waste of time and money.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 12:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote:
Mark and Patricia McCloskey, both personal injury attorneys in their 60s

THROW THE BOOK AT THEM!

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 12:48 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I enjoy reading the hilarity of far right posters here.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 12:49 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I enjoy reading the hilarity of far right posters here.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 12:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Well, in Keene, New Hampshire, a couple of college girls complained a guy pointed a shotgun at them from a pickup truck. The response was basically *Shrug*.

Brandishing is definitely against the law though.
i suspected as much and pointing is a threat to kill surely.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 12:54 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The problem is they are saying that some of the protesters were threatening them, including one that was clacking ammo clips together.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 01:01 PM
cdtm

Oh yes, absolutely.

In this case they might be able to successfully argue they felt threatened by the protestors. It doesn't hurt that they can point to a like example at a supposedly sympathetic governor, who responded with crackdowns.

And there's also this:

[quote][b]In January, Gardner filed a federal lawsuit accusing the city, the police union and others of a coordinated and racist conspiracy aimed at forcing her out of office. The lawsuit also accused “entrenched interests” of intentionally impeding her efforts to change racist practices.[\b][\quote]

Unless she has some hard evidence, this could make her look like a bit of a conspiracy theorist, and hurt her credibility.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 01:01 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It basically comes down to whether you believe the mob or whether you believe the couple.

And this couple...they love to file lawsuits. The husband once filed two unrelated lawsuits in the same day.

So lets hope this doesn't wind up costing the city even more money. Even if they sue and lose it will cost the city money.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2020 01:04 PM