KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Does anyone even care about Halo anymore?

It's the era of DOOM.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2020 05:29 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
And its available on Game Pass day one. If you only want to play Halo Infiinite...you can literally get a trial of Game Pass for 15 days (I think), beat the campaign and never have to play it again and it costs no money.

Considering you can play this game on Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series X, through Game Pass, through Windows Store and I think there is going to be a Steam version as well...and I don't believe its going to be an increase of price.

And if you buy the Xbox One version, you get the Series X version without any extra cost.

So...I don't see how this can be lumped in the same category as NBA 2K......and we do not know if there is microtransactions for MP.

QFT

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2020 07:47 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by cdtm
Does anyone even care about Halo anymore?

It's the era of DOOM.

When the Master Chief Collection got good after the certain updates, there had been plenty returning player nostalgia for Halo, but difficult to gauge how many really care about the series now compared to like back in the day. Halo got dethroned after Reach or so at least, and only declined afterward with the mixed releases it got at that point. Infinite from the looks of it is at least something of an attempted return to form.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2020 11:40 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

When I eventually played the first Halo (the PC version that came out)...I didn't understand why people loved it. The reason is because it's not Half Life and similar immersive PC games that came out around that time. I hate the Flood and most of the levels in that game (still think a few levels design are some of the worst).

But I picked up Master Chief Collection and have grown to respect the series on what it did. The combat was pretty awesome, it revolutionized a few gameplay systems and I find the games have gotten better because I don't have the love for the first game as some people do. I actually liked Halo 5 because it was a ton of fun to play with friends.

The combat in the demo looked good. Yes, the graphics were OK but I'm interested in playing. It also seems that the demo is the E3 demo and most likely will not look like the end product. I have heard putting together demo's take a lot of work and most likely COVID has caused problems trying to finish the game and didn't have enough time to throw together another one.

Let's say it's a reverse Ubisoft....haha.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2020 11:58 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Halo 4 was still very fun, I enjoyed it.

Halo 5 ruined the series for me and is the reason I only own Halo: MCC.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 26th, 2020 03:40 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Halo 5's multiplayer easily surpassed 4's after some of the updates. 4 had the overall worst retention out of any of the games, for me at least.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2020 04:10 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I didn't like Halo 4 MP. I played like 5 matches and was done. Halo 5 MP I played a lot more.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2020 12:28 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

5's MP was definitely better, though the single player is the worst in the series.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 26th, 2020 04:54 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Halo 4 is good. I liked it a lot. Halo 5 was fun but entirely forgettable. I think Halo Reach is the best game in the series. Halo 3 is the best game of the master chief saga.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2020 07:04 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Free multiplayer y'all.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/31/...y-120fps-rumors

The loot boxes in Halo 5 will not be making a return either I hear.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2020 06:33 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Very interesting....I guess they want the MP mode to be as populated as it can be.
So free MP, no loot boxes and the rest of game available Day 1 on Game Pass...it could be a lot of people playing it.

I wonder if its going to be cross play.

But there is a battle pass though.. I guess that's technically microtransactions...however I played Division 2, which has a Season Pass and I never see the need for them.....

Old Post Aug 1st, 2020 12:23 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Pushed back to 2021.
Not surprising considering the world we live in at this moment.

It sucks it will not be day 1 for the release of the new console but Cyberpunk and the 2020 fall games will be out so I'm more than OK for games.

You will probably see a ton of other games being delayed....and I wouldn't be surprised if the consoles get delayed as well.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2020 08:02 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

XBSX may as well be delayed too, since it would have a weak launch without Infinite.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2020 09:33 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Wouldn't be surprised if the Halo community were responsible getting it pushed back whining about the graphics so damn much that it became viral. Much as those "gamers" stress that it's all about the games, have you seen that grass texture, etc.?! And now they whine it's delayed. Guys, make up your frikkin minds.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Aug 12th, 2020 at 10:57 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2020 10:50 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree with you regarding graphics and flip flopping. Wasn't it all about FPS...who cares about 4K..want 60FPS....MS...goes here it is! And MP can be played at 120FPS like all those masterrace PC dudes love to talk about...

But that doesn't look next gen enough.....

I honestly believe MS thought there was a chance of releasing this year but COVID screwed it up. This week was probably the end date before going gold

For Series X release, it's not unusual for systems to be sold without a killer title (first party that is) and I believe PS3, PS4 and Xbox One were released with nothing too big. PS5 launch lineup doesn't look to rosy either.

Last edited by Smasandian on Aug 12th, 2020 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2020 11:06 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Hearing that playable Elites won't be returning in this installment either surprise, surprise. I don't get it. It can't be that complicated for 343 if Bungie could do it for 3 games. Makes as much sense if you decided to get rid of the Locust from Gears' multiplayer.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2021 11:52 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

343's excuse was shit too. "We want this to be about the Spartan experience", as if Reach wasn't literally a Spartan-centered story, and it still had Elites in multiplayer.

I've seen some defend it or say it's understandable because muh hitbox differences with the Elites (there's hitbox differences with some of the Locust/Swarm too though and Gears still has them in multiplayer), but you can just limit them to certain game types then for balancing reasons like what Reach did. Still leaving them out entirely though like what 343's done is a copout.

Obviously this sole thing is not gonna be what hurts Infinite but the fact that 343 refuses to listen to 10 years worth of fans asking for Elites to be playable again seems like a sign of worse things to come. If fans stay as vocal about it as they are now though, perhaps them being playable can be re-added in a later update (this is gonna be a service game with a long life after all). Dual wielding I can understand going away at least even though I liked it as an occasional mixup, but snubbing the Elites this long is an injustice. I didn't give it that much thought at the time with Halo 4 and stuff, but if Infinite is to be a return to form for Halo like it's boasted, then it needs to have returning staples such as that.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2021 01:56 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

https://www.ign.com/articles/halo-i...forge-at-launch

No campaign co-op and forge at launch. That won't come until 3 to 6 months later. It's like the Halo 5 launch but worse, or they just want the game to be dead a half year into launch.

Needless to say unfinished games getting launched is tiresome, especially after how many times this one had already been delayed which makes it all the more unforgivable. Apart from MCC, Halo's still in a dark age where I'm concerned.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 12:04 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by BackFire
Halo 4 is good. I liked it a lot. Halo 5 was fun but entirely forgettable. I think Halo Reach is the best game in the series. Halo 3 is the best game of the master chief saga.
Gotta be 2 for me, but I also have nostalgia for it. I think it just refined Halo 1's formula so goddamn much it was hard to go back to it, and Halo 3 only made a couple of improvements, even if it was mechanically a better game.

No split-screen for Halo will always be a bad choice, I won't play any more games in the series until they add that back.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 12:37 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

No co-op period for Infinite at launch also means no splitscreen at launch, so they ironically did co-opers dirty two new games in a row. Shame 343, for shame.

Yeah, is kind of a toss up for me between Halo 2 and 3 as to which game was best. Reach was pretty good too though.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 12:48 AM