KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

Actually amazing that they didn't learn their lesson re coop last time.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 01:24 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

If we weren't gonna get co-op for Infinite after it got delayed a year, just what was 343 about to get people into if it wasn't and still came out last year as originally planned? O_o

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Aug 21st, 2021 at 02:11 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 02:05 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's a nonsensical argument...it got delayed.

Online and local coop is coming a few months later...and the multiplayer is free.
And I would be surprised if this will kill any momentum when it's free and 90% of the players will most likely play the campaign because they have Game Pass.

They should of just slapped Game Preview/Early Access on it...and nobody would care....

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 04:22 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Yeah, delayed almost a whole year and it still couldn't add two player online/splitscreen co-op. It's a really big issue you're trying to downplay and would be surprised how many find that to be a deal breaker.

It's free so of course we'll try the multiplayer still but 343 really should delay the campaign after this news. Most would benefit from that and no one would get story spoilered for wanting to wait for the co-op. Halo's getting another unfinished game at launch no matter how you spin it, but may as well do it in a way that softens the blow for most.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 08:02 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So I don't see it that way....

If MS released the game without coop without telling anybody, yeah, that's complete bullshit.

If MS said there is no coop at all....yeah, I can understand people are going to be pissed.

And I can understand people being annoyed that is not releasing with coop day 1....I get it.

But....the lack of Day 1 coop is so far down the list of shit I care about....I really don't care. I rather play the campaign this year than wait another 6 months...

Last edited by Smasandian on Aug 21st, 2021 at 09:08 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 09:04 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

343 has lied to our faces multiple times, including Infinite having co-op at launch after the Halo 5 blunder. There is no defending or damage controlling this. They divide the fandom with their decisions and broken promises enough as it is.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 09:38 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's just a game...

Last edited by Smasandian on Aug 21st, 2021 at 10:51 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 10:48 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

343 seems to have management issues. Not having Forge at launch is one thing, not having co-op campaign, which is something pretty iconic for the Halo series, is pretty significant and weird. I understand that the campaign of the game is different and less linear than prior games, and so co-op is going to be more complicated to figure out, but it's something they should have thought about a while ago.

Personally, for me, I don't care. I don't really play Co-op anymore. But I get that for some people it's a huge part of the game.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2021 01:36 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I care that it has co-op...because I will be play it with my friends online because it is fun to do so....but I really don't care if its Day 1 or a few months later.

Because either scenario requires me to wait.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2021 02:18 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Aug 28th, 2021 06:48 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

You can't get XP just playing anymore like in past Halos but this is ok still?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/g...s/1100-6496220/

343/M$ be like "No more XP for wasting time on our games but let's still offer alternatives like being a fat arse." This is straight double standard you get XP this way that's not a challenge in-game like they're pushing oh but it's cool, sponsors give money.

I've been tolerant of these stupid XP boost offerings you've seen everywhere since Halo 3/Modern Warfare because it's all options in a vast sea on how to level and I don't use 'em, I earned mine by playing so it's whatevs but I guess someone at the boardroom Phil attends was all "but free XP isn't making Pringles rich, we need to address" or something similar to that nature. I can't believe this isn't a controversy.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Sep 19th, 2021 at 01:51 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2021 01:48 AM
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
It's just a game...
You are such a ****ing apologist. laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 19th, 2021 01:59 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Nemesis X
You can't get XP just playing anymore like in past Halos but this is ok still?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/g...s/1100-6496220/

343/M$ be like "No more XP for wasting time on our games but let's still offer alternatives like being a fat arse." This is straight double standard you get XP this way that's not a challenge in-game like they're pushing oh but it's cool, sponsors give money.

I've been tolerant of these stupid XP boost offerings you've seen everywhere since Halo 3/Modern Warfare because it's all options in a vast sea on how to level and I don't use 'em, I earned mine by playing so it's whatevs but I guess someone at the boardroom Phil attends was all "but free XP isn't making Pringles rich, we need to address" or something similar to that nature. I can't believe this isn't a controversy.

What XP? I'm firing up my Xbox 360 now, where does the campaign say anything about XP?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2021 02:42 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think it's XP for the battle pass progression.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2021 01:45 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...aily-challenges

16-18 hours? That is gonna bring the completionist freak out in a lot playing this. Bad idea.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 11:36 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I should hate it with every fibre of my being. An open world FPS? I don't like those at all... and yet, memories of what I had wished Halo CE could be come flooding back and I'm suddenly very interested.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 03:36 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Is it completely open?

I hope there is dedicated scripted missions instead of just roaming around doing things.

I think Metro Exodus is a good example of this....open areas....but missions that take place in specific areas that provide a story element.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 03:46 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-

I should hate it with every fibre of my being. An open world FPS? I don't like those at all... and yet, memories of what I had wished Halo CE could be come flooding back and I'm suddenly very interested.

Thought you didn't like Far Cry and Crysis, open world fps's.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 04:02 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by cdtm
Thought you didn't like Far Cry and Crysis, open world fps's.

I generally don't. I don't mind Crysis, but I loathe Far Cry. Can't get in to it at all.

But this... when I played CE back in the early 00s, I desperately wanted to play more missions that weren't all tight corridors. I just wonder if this doesn't swing too far the other way.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 04:04 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-
I generally don't. I don't mind Crysis, but I loathe Far Cry. Can't get in to it at all.

But this... when I played CE back in the early 00s, I desperately wanted to play more missions that weren't all tight corridors. I just wonder if this doesn't swing too far the other way.

Didn't Halo 3 already accomplish that? Big outdoor arena's and such?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 04:16 PM