KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Godzilla vs Kong

Godzilla vs Kong
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
my guess is Mechagodzilla malfunctions.

possible but i bet that mechagodzilla is the actual bad guy

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 09:04 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
https://youtu.be/odM92ap8_c0

If I die in some freak accident before this movie is released I'm gonna be pissed off.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 10:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by KingD19
I think the little girl who is Kong's "anchor" might be a nod to the twins who could control Mothra by singing to her back in the OG Showa films. And most people agree that there's something shady going on. Godzilla is being manipulated or there's a misunderstanding that he and Kong are too angry to work out until Mecha Godzilla or Mecha Ghidorah show up.

The Kong-girl bond is going to be stupid, there's really no way to not make that plot angle stupid. When they touched fingers to bond, I laughed.

I'm guessing some sort of control. We've already seen that with the "Orca" device in the last film, no reason they couldn't expand on that. Alan Jonah and his group are still out there, they could be the culprits.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 25th, 2021 10:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The Kong girl is a miko. Anyway I expect their bond is a natural bond they developed over time on the island and not some mystical one from touching fingers.

As for Godzilla rampaging. I fully expect mechagodzilla is the one initially behind the attacks which pisses off the real Godzilla. I very much doubt he is under control.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2021 12:14 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Just the first one and Bumblebee were good for me. But those two were really good.

Same here, For those two

i hope we eventually get more Transformers live action movies of Bumblebee's quality. but i doubt it.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2021 01:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jan 26th, 2021 04:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

No IT, it's literally a prior Godzillas dorsal plate shoved through the femur of a dead godzilla. Thats why the ray follows the axe head up so far its touching the roof of godzillas mouth. The plate actively draws and absorbs all radiation. And no, kong didn't make it.

Thats not ****ing Gamera. They are such clickbaiters. Its some kind of shipnthey made for hollow earth.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2021 04:17 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
possible but i bet that mechagodzilla is the actual bad guy

My guess is Mechagodzilla being the first line of defense and Kong is the last resort.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2021 05:29 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Some of the reactions to this trailer are stupid. People crying about Kong supposedly beating up Godzilla and acting as if the trailer is the actual entire film and Kong wins when it's likely just a marketing ploy. Chances are the next trailer does the opposite and shows Godzilla as the one getting the better of things.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2021 05:45 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

We'll see. I expect they made the trailer favor Kong simply because everyone assumes Godzilla will win.

The song choice was absolute ass though.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2021 05:58 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Thats not ****ing Gamera. They are such clickbaiters. Its some kind of shipnthey made for hollow earth.

That's why it's a question from that site, dumbass.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2021 07:33 AM
ShadowFyre

[QUOTE=17378398]Originally posted by Kazenji
That's why it's a question from that site, dumbass. [/QUOTE

Why are you calling me a dumbass? I wasnt cussing at you, I just know 100% absolutely for a fact that the people on that site know damn good and well its not Gamera but they put stuff like that anyway. I hate that stuff. Not sure why you took that as a personal insult.

So apparently this trailer is WBs biggest opening trailer ever. Considering these are two of the longest running movie franchises/characters to ever exist and Godzilla has 30 plus movies and Kong being around a hundred years old (real life time)and people are still spending 200 million dollars on making movies about them thats a pretty big success in itself.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2021 09:16 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Kong did win the original mashup in the 60's, even though it was ambiguous.

I'm still going with Kong kicking ass for a bit, then Godzilla kicking ass for a bit and leaving it ambiguous (with a possible slight edge to Kong), until they team up to take on the real villain(s).

Old Post Jan 26th, 2021 05:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, dunno if it will be the main villain, but if you watch 00:03-00:04 closely it looks like Mechagodzilla is rampaging about a city. You can see a metallic Godzilla-shaped head and glowing red chest while the people flee.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2021 06:57 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Last movie Godzilla survived being dropped from the stratosphere, have a nuke blown up in his face, and fought a 3 headed space dragon that shoots lightning and that was bigger than himself.

And a big money with a stick should have a chance?
There is absolutely nothing that Kong should be able to do to cause substantial damage to Godzilla.
But of coarse they have to shrink Godzilla and make Kong bigger, as well as add the plot device Axe made of Godzillas fin to make it seem like a good fight.

Stupid.

But if leaks are correct, things are not what they seem.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2021 06:58 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, dunno if it will be the main villain, but if you watch 00:03-00:04 closely it looks like Mechagodzilla is rampaging about a city. You can see a metallic Godzilla-shaped head and glowing red chest while the people flee.

It does look like Mechagodzilla.

(please log in to view the image)

Could be a ship though.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2021 07:04 PM
steverules_2

I would love to see mecha Godzilla but dunno how I feel about him in this film. Would’ve preferred him in the next film, if there is one.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 26th, 2021 07:15 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Still from the trailer

From previous movie.

Now Godzilla can easily fit and stand on an aircraft carrier.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2021 07:15 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Not all aircraft carriers are the same size though. A Nimitz-class carrier, for example, can be over 1,000 feet in length IIRC.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2021 07:32 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Regardless, Kong growing almost 4X the size he was on Skull island and Godzilla appearing to be smaller than he was in the previous 2 films is expected to be ignored or have a pass for the sake of having a good 1v1 fight i guess.
Still dumb though. Still going to watch the movie. I hope the filler human plot(s) don't get too much in the way of the monster fights.

Last edited by Inhuman on Jan 26th, 2021 at 07:50 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2021 07:41 PM