KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Mace Windu confirmed as the Jedi Order's greatest swordsman

Mace Windu confirmed as the Jedi Order's greatest swordsman
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scizard

Agreed.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 01:54 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I think people need to stop relying so heavily on Source book quotes and Matt Martins tweets.

Use them as supporting evidence sure, im not saying ignore them. But remember theres no Lucas involved anymore whose every word was gospel. And when Favreau writes a Luke fight scene, I really doubt he confirms with Pablo exactly how skilled and powerful he is first. The story group is only there to keep a level of consistency in continuity.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 05:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Sourcebook quotes are 100% canon/valid in the new system, so they are perfectly acceptable. The issue is when we get conflicting information in different canon sources.

I do agree that Tweets from the storygroup really aren't "canon" in and of themselves, and should generally just be used to corroborate existing, published material(I'm pretty sure Matt Martin said as much in a Tweet, lol.)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 21st, 2020 at 05:37 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 05:33 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
The story group is only there to keep a level of consistency in continuity.

No it's not. Apparently, continuity is just "small aspect" of the story group. Which explains why they ok'ed RJ's hyperspace ramming....

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 05:35 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Use them as supporting evidence sure, im not saying ignore them. But remember theres no Lucas involved anymore whose every word was gospel. .

His word wasn’t really gospel either, authors didn’t have to go by what he said. Plus he contradicted himself anyway.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 05:44 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ares834
No it's not. Apparently, continuity is just "small aspect" of the story group. Which explains why they ok'ed RJ's hyperspace ramming....
They didn't just ok it. They fully embraced it:
https://ibb.co/2njm1Dx

lol.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 05:45 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
His word wasn’t really gospel either, authors didn’t have to go by what he said. Plus he contradicted himself anyway.

Because they didnt usually know what Lucas rules were. But they did try to keep to whatever retcons hed make.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 06:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Assuming they actually had the power to veto that.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 06:35 PM
ares834

Oh, of course they don't. However, RJ has claimed that he asked the story group if it broke canon and they said it didn't. Even if they don't have the power to veto it, they could at least have told him that it would be problematic.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 06:41 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Galan007
Sourcebook quotes are 100% canon/valid in the new system, so they are perfectly acceptable. The issue is when we get conflicting information in different canon sources.

The fact that there are conflicting sources (as you pointed out released on the same day) kinda shows theyre not set on stone.

As I said I wouldnt throw them out the window, but personally wouldnt take them as gospel either.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 06:42 PM
Darth Thor

Oh, of course they don't. However, RJ has claimed that he asked the story group if it broke canon and they said it didn't. Even if they don't have the power to veto it, they could at least have told him that it would be problematic.

Maybe they did, but I doubt they would admit that.

Its like if the Presidents team are advising him against stuff behind the scenes, but when asked about it theyll justify what he did. Claim they had his back the whole time.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 06:44 PM
ares834

I suppose Rian could by lying, but I hope he has more integrity than that.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 07:01 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The fact that there are conflicting sources (as you pointed out released on the same day) kinda shows theyre not set on stone.

As I said I wouldnt throw them out the window, but personally wouldnt take them as gospel either.
Tbf, retcons can happen at any time -- if a sourcebook released in 2015 says one thing, and a sourcebook released in 2016 says another thing, then the most recent information is what we go by. It is an extreme rarity/outlier to have sources released on the same day conflict like these do, so I wouldn't use this isolated instance as the sole basis to invalidate sourcebooks across the board... Especially when both books were delayed due to COVID(like all the other material was), and almost certainly not originally slated to be released at the same time.

Everything is equal in Disney canon, so officially licensed/published sourcebooks hold just as much validity as any other form of media. That being said, I personally do hold sourcebooks in the same 'tier' as anything else, unless(as I mentioned above) they are contradicted by more recent material.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2020 07:45 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Hidalgo cares far less about sourcebook accolades than the next cheeseburger he's eating. Even SuperShadow midichlorian counts managed to be posted under his nose.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Dec 22nd, 2020 at 08:47 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 08:44 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

That being said, I personally do hold sourcebooks in the same 'tier' as anything else

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 09:08 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Originally posted by Jaggarath
Hidalgo cares far less about sourcebook accolades than the next cheeseburger he's eating. Even SuperShadow midichlorian counts managed to be posted under his nose.
it's funny because Pablo writes, co-writes, or is consulted for most of the source books.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 01:50 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
it's funny because Pablo writes, co-writes, or is consulted for most of the source books.

This make it even more ridiculous. Hidalgo is a lazy **** who doesn't really care much about what he writes (or what he copies from legends sourcebooks). Chee is the only member of the story group that actually cares.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 02:08 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Jaggarath
Even SuperShadow midichlorian counts managed to be posted under his nose.

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2020 02:20 PM
juyomaster34

Lol, juyomaster. Blast from the past. thumb up

Anyway, it's worth noting that The Star Wars Book states: "Yoda is widely considered the greatest Jedi duelist, although he rarely showcases this talent."

The same source also states: "Mace Windu is second only to Master Yoda in lightsaber prowess, wisdom, and respect among his peers."

So per the aforementioned guide(which was released just after the source referenced in the OP), Yoda > Mace as a swordsman.

Yeah,most definitely a blast from the past!!!
What's up dude!
I see alot hasn't changed,well a lil bit maybe.
I'll catch up with you later.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2021 12:33 AM
Click here to Send juyomaster34 a Private Message Find more posts by juyomaster34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juyomaster34

I knew this without the confirmation.
He is the greatest swordsman in the Jedi Order.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2021 12:38 AM
Click here to Send juyomaster34 a Private Message Find more posts by juyomaster34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote