KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Yamcha vs. Nail

Yamcha vs. Nail
Started by: Mendax

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mendax
Hand of God

Yamcha vs. Nail

Yamcha from Android saga
Nail from Frieza saga

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2020 02:12 PM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This recently came up in another thread, but #19/#20 originally confused Yamcha's energy signature with Goku's. And given that Gero had analyzed Goku's fight during the Saiyan saga(wherein he used KKx4), it means Yamcha's PL could have been as high as 32,000:
https://i.imgur.com/HtOCIfC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FoGyJd2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Yx5CXV2.jpg
*The fact that Yamcha was also stated to be "a good source of power" for the Androids also supports his PL being in that realm.

Flip side, Nail's PL was 42,000... So unless Yamcha was capable of boosting his PL by at least an additional 10k, he doesn't have a chance here.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2020 09:30 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

2 things, gero also planned for gradual growth on goku's part jus not spikes. So yamcha scanned at >32,000. And humans/earthlings fighting style means that their power level makes significant jumps when fighting and using their special moves. Geri scanned yamcha's resting powerlevel.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2020 11:49 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
2 things, gero also planned for gradual growth on goku's part jus not spikes. So yamcha scanned at >32,000.
Possibly, but there's no way to prove how much higher his PL may have been. Hence 32k has to be the benchmark -- anything else is just headcanon.

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Geri scanned yamcha's resting powerlevel.
Right. That's why I said that Yamcha would have to increase his PL by at least 10,000 to have a chance against Nail.

And for a human, a PL increase of 10k would have still been tremendous at that point.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 4th, 2020 at 01:38 AM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2020 01:33 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

That depends if the special move power boost is based on a percent of their total power level, no? When powered up in thecsaiyan saga, earth fighters sometimes doubled their power level

Old Post Aug 4th, 2020 06:22 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I mean, Yamcha also knew the Androids were somewhere in the city, which is why he was actively trying to find them.

And given that he was aware of how powerful they were thanks to Trunks' warning, it wouldn't make sense for him to have been massively suppressing his ki, imo... But then again, dumber things have happened, I suppose. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 4th, 2020 at 01:58 PM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2020 01:48 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Trunks did tell them not to show up unless they could at least help against a frieza level opponent and he still showed up. If he was only 32,000, he would have stayed home with chaotzu

Old Post Aug 4th, 2020 02:53 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

None of the Android saga humans were even remotely close to Freeza's PL... But at least Krillin and Tien actually have specialized attacks that could injure/kill a Freeza-level opponent if they connected.

Yamcha's only special ability is being cucked by Vegeta. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 4th, 2020 at 04:00 PM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2020 03:17 PM
Mendax
Hand of God

Could Yamcha even suppress his chi? Is there a case of him ever doing so before the android arc?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2020 04:02 PM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Hmm. Now that you mention it, I don't recall him doing so off hand.

I know some of the other humans could, but I'm not sure about Yamcha specifically.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2020 08:07 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Vegeta mentions all the earthlings were suppressing their power in the saiyan saga

Old Post Aug 4th, 2020 09:31 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Vegeta said that about Krillin/Piccolo/Gohan, before Yamcha(and Tien) arrived on the field.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2020 10:25 PM
Mendax
Hand of God

Yep and when Yamcha arrived, he started fighting a Saibaman almost immediately without visibly powering up. Then he was killed.

So my point is - Yamcha might not have been suppressing his chi at all in the android arc, because I don't even know if he can.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2020 10:39 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

That's a sad thought, that Yamcha can't do what everyone else he has trained with can. Cause, Yamcha was trained by everyone Krillin was, and King Kai.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2020 11:15 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I would like to think Yamcha can suppress his ki down to the indistinguishable lower digits, but I just don't recall him ever doing so.

The other heroes didn't start doing that until the Namek saga, but that was more out of necessity to prevent them from being detected by scouters. Yamcha never really had the need to suppress his power prior to the Saiyan saga, and he wasn't resurrected until after the Namek saga.

Maybe he learned to do it while training with King Kai, or maybe he picked it up between the Namek and Android sagas. Dunno for sure.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 01:43 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Galan007
This recently came up in another thread, but #19/#20 originally confused Yamcha's energy signature with Goku's. And given that Gero had analyzed Goku's fight during the Saiyan saga(wherein he used KKx4), it means Yamcha's PL could have been as high as 32,000:
https://i.imgur.com/HtOCIfC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FoGyJd2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Yx5CXV2.jpg
*The fact that Yamcha was also stated to be "a good source of power" for the Androids also supports his PL being in that realm.

Flip side, Nail's PL was 42,000... So unless Yamcha was capable of boosting his PL by at least an additional 10k, he doesn't have a chance here.
I mean, Krillin had to have been stronger then Nail by that point (was stated to be 100,000 in the Android Saga) and still got destroyed by Gero.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 11:11 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Aside from his power level and regen, we don't know much about Nail and his techniques.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 12:02 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I mean, Krillin had to have been stronger then Nail by that point (was stated to be 100,000 in the Android Saga) and still got destroyed by Gero.
Okay?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 12:07 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You can't win against Super Jmango, Base Galan.

He's got like half a hundred fans on KMC and several discord channels devoted just to him.

Just give it up, already.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 12:48 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brohoes5

yamcha by android arc should be a little above 3 form frieza. so he stomp this fight

Old Post May 2nd, 2022 07:08 PM
brohoes5 is currently offline Click here to Send brohoes5 a Private Message Find more posts by brohoes5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote