KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Donald Trump Presidency Thread

Donald Trump Presidency Thread
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (94): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Donald Trump Presidency Thread

This topic is for all things Trump related. I don't know what happened to the other Trump thread, but it's gone. If it somehow returns this thread can be merged.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 01:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Trigger warning, Tim Pool video:

Trump's DHS Running Terror Probe Into Antifa Over International Support As Portland Riots Continue

Nice

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 01:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Someone deleted that thread?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 01:38 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was in the middle of editing a post in it and it gave me an error. I refreshed page and the thread was gone.

I searched the 5 most recent pages of threads here just in case, but it wasn't there.

I assume it was accidental. I can't imagine a mod would prefer the forum get spammed with trump threads.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 01:46 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

This forum is falling apart if it’s edging it’s own threads.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 02:41 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

We need a thorough investigation into the disappearance of the Trump thread.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 02:48 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I suspect a certain Raptor. smile

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 02:49 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I was in the middle of editing a post in it and it gave me an error. I refreshed page and the thread was gone.

I searched the 5 most recent pages of threads here just in case, but it wasn't there.

I assume it was accidental. I can't imagine a mod would prefer the forum get spammed with trump threads.
laughing out loud

which mod is trolling you?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 02:50 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not much of a troll, I just created a new Trump thread.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 02:54 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

See if Rex was active yesterday

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 02:55 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyways so before the other thread got abducted by aliens we were discussing trump intending to pull troops from Germany.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 02:56 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Great idea. Needs to be done. That way Putin can start taking over Europe and Whirly can be more jealous.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 03:28 PM
snowdragon

Originally posted by Surtur
Anyways so before the other thread got abducted by aliens we were discussing trump intending to pull troops from Germany.

That is going to be ALOT of money pulled out of those economies.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 04:24 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Great idea. Needs to be done. That way Putin can start taking over Europe and Whirly can be more jealous.

lol

I'm definitely for his troop withdrawals from Afghanistan and Germany. BRING MORE HOME!

Protect OUR borders. Legitimately, America First.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 04:25 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

My question would be why can't the armies of the various countries in the EU step in to take our place? If they all already have some troops there, why can't they send more?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 06:00 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Keep in mind a significant number of the troops are just being moved to other European countries.

If we are to believe the chatter that moving the troops out of Germany to "punish" them for not paying their 2% to NATO then you'd have to wonder why they're being moved to Italy despite Italy spending a much smaller % of their much smaller economy on their military compared to Germany.

You'd also have to consider that up until quite recently Germany had big restrictions on what strength of military they were allowed to have and which has been in place since WW2.
You also have to question whether forcing Germany into spending more money on their military after the recent Nordkreuz scandal is a good idea.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 06:13 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Keep in mind a significant number of the troops are just being moved to other European countries.

If we are to believe the chatter that moving the troops out of Germany to "punish" them for not paying their 2% to NATO then you'd have to wonder why they're being moved to Italy despite Italy spending a much smaller % of their much smaller economy on their military compared to Germany.

You'd also have to consider that up until quite recently Germany had big restrictions on what strength of military they were allowed to have and which has been in place since WW2.
You also have to question whether forcing Germany into spending more money on their military after the recent Nordkreuz scandal is a good idea.

Looked it up because obviously my left leaning news sources won't tell me the stuff you're saying.

Turns out, you're at worst, partially correct:

quote:
about 6,400 forces will be brought home and 5,400 shifted to other countries in Europe, U.S. defense officials said Wednesday.

Trump announced last month that he wanted to cut the number of active duty U.S. troops in Germany from roughly 36,000 to a bit more than 25,000. Shifting forces out of the country had long been rumored and is in line with Pentagon efforts to put more troops in the Indo-Pacific. But Trump’s comments indicated the move was tied more directly to his anger over Germany’s failure to meet NATO defense spending goals.

Germany has not met a NATO goal set in 2014 for members to halt budget cuts and move toward spending at least 2% of gross national product on defense by 2024.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ove/5534462002/

So most are being brought home. The article doesn't state how many are going to Italy.

So this withdrawal will take years, there will still be a significant majority of troops still in Germany, and they will refocus some of those troops into the Indo-Pacific areas.

But how many of the 5400 are going to Italy?

Anyway, why aren't more people talking about the troops being shuffled around Europe? Seems like a pretty big talking point.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 06:19 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Can't remember where I read it. Some are going to Italy and some to another country, both of which spend less than Germany as a % of their economies and both have significantly smaller economies anyway.

(The other country is Belgium)

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 06:24 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Looked it up because obviously my left leaning news sources won't tell me the stuff you're saying.

Turns out, you're at worst, partially correct:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ove/5534462002/

So most are being brought home. The article doesn't state how many are going to Italy.

So this withdrawal will take years, there will still be a significant majority of troops still in Germany, and they will refocus some of those troops into the Indo-Pacific areas.

But how many of the 5400 are going to Italy?

Anyway, why aren't more people talking about the troops being shuffled around Europe? Seems like a pretty big talking point.

Let us take Italy for example. Why are we sending anyone there? If their own army isn't enough, why isn't the solution for another country in the EU to send troops to help Italy?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 06:26 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Do you think stationing nukes in Turkey was about protecting Turkey?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 06:30 PM