KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Donald Trump Presidency Thread

Donald Trump Presidency Thread
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (94): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snowdragon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Before covid caused them to stop, how "independent" were the mods for the debates? I seem to recall a moderator being a little kunt during the whole debacle with Elizabeth Warren accusing Bernie Sanders of saying a woman could never be president. She took Elizabeth Warren at her word and asked Bernie a question that seemed to imply what Warren had said was a fact.

That the type of mod independent teams are going to be choosing?

This woman:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...tion-to-sanders

quote:
The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) is a nonprofit corporation established in 1987 under the joint sponsorship of the Democratic and Republican political parties in the United States. The CPD sponsors and produces debates for U.S. presidential and vice-presidential candidates and undertakes research and educational activities relating to the debates. It has run each of the presidential debates held since 1988. The Commission's debates are sponsored by private contributions from foundations and corporations as well as fees from hosting institutions.

The Commission's exclusion of third party candidates from the debates has been the subject of controversy and legal challenges.

Yeah I'm sure the debates are impartial, just look at who sponsors them wink

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 02:10 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Artol
I agree with your assessment of Trump's chances and desire to change the narrative, but I don't agree with him being an insult to the former presidents. None of them need much help to bring shame to them, but Bill Clinton was a terrible president that is directly to blame for the shit we are in economically right now, the immense inequality, as well as the continued destruction of Black American communities and lives (and coincidentally he's also a rapist), and George W. Bush is a war-criminal that dragged the United States into a completely unjust war costing thousands of American lives and uncounted lives in the Middle East (as well as creating the power vacuum that led to Isis). Trump is comparatively benign to be honest.

Pretty shocked you wrote this. You don't usually take such strong stances.

However, we largely agree on what you posted. I'd to see more Troops brought home from other countries. I want less dead brown people. Optimally, we kill zero innocent people with our military.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 02:52 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 03:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who Funds the Lincoln Project? Exactly Whom You Expect

So it's democrats funding this. I laughed.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 03:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Surtur
This topic is for all things Trump related. I don't know what happened to the other Trump thread, but it's gone. If it somehow returns this thread can be merged.
It was binned. I don't know who or why. I will say when using mod permissions on a thread it's easy to bin instead of edit, move, etc.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 03:31 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Badabing
It was binned. I don't know who or why. I will say when using mod permissions on a thread it's easy to bin instead of edit, move, etc.

Unfortunately, the Wayback Machine only has a snapshot up to 2017.

And at that, the Trump Thread wasn't captured in that snapshot or any snapshots.

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http:...;pagenumber=671

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 04:12 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Broly probably whinged to have the original "Trump for President" thread deleted in order to cover up a large portion of 3.5 years of KMC Trumpers mucking and cucking to Trump's every shitty move since they sense the end could be near.

Hilarious as it is pathetic.
Originally posted by Robtard
If only Broly hadn't done similar in the past...
Oh Broly... laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 02:53 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Trump owns a reporter who is clearly suffering from TDS. I haven't seen someone get their ass handed to them so severely in a while.

The reporter criticized the Trump Supporters assembling and "not social distancing" so Trump says his political supporters in the crowd were "peacefully protesting." LMAO

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 04:26 AM
dadudemon

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 04:30 AM
Artol

Originally posted by dadudemon
Trump owns a reporter who is clearly suffering from TDS. I haven't seen someone get their ass handed to them so severely in a while.

The reporter criticized the Trump Supporters assembling and "not social distancing" so Trump says his political supporters in the crowd were "peacefully protesting." LMAO

This is again one of those interactions where in the end Republicans will celebrate Trump for owning the reporter, and Democrats will celebrate the reporter for standing up to fascist Trump, and nothing changes.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 05:06 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Badabing
who's on first why is left field.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 06:29 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by dadudemon
(please log in to view the image)

Lol, Trump's response was hilarious, now look for an article from whatever "news" organization that reporter was from with another crazy narrative about Trump.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 11:36 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is again one of those interactions where in the end Republicans will celebrate Trump for owning the reporter, and Democrats will celebrate the reporter for standing up to fascist Trump, and nothing changes.
truth is most Americans are decent people, which is why he never won the popular vote and the decent people in the swing states who gave him the benefit of the doubt won't this time. The simple people who like memes will continue to support him and the not so decent people who share his abhorrent views will not care what he does chanting white power, muh guns etc.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 11:47 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
truth is most Americans are decent people, which is why he never won the popular vote and the decent people in the swing states who gave him the benefit of the doubt won't this time. The simple people who like memes will continue to support him and the not so decent people who share his abhorrent views will not care what he does chanting white power, muh guns etc.

I think even a lot of his voters are generally decent people, I think Trump had an attractive sales pitch, especially to voters already primed to it by right wing media and Republican influences. He combined Republican hot button issues with at times very economically populist talking points, he sadly, but not surprisingly failed to deliver on. But he was right with a lot of it, American miners have been screwed over, American manufacturing has been sold out, the ACA is less than ideal and a universal system would be better.

Clinton at the same time was a uniquely disliked candidate, who was only really attractive to well off liberal voters. Her message was basically the neoliberal consensus has been working for us, let’s slightly tweak it and go on from there, and that doesn’t convince the single mother working three jobs. So a lot of people saw that a Trump was full of hot air, and they realized that Democrats might be better than him for them, but I think the amount of people genuinely excited to vote or canvass for her was relatively low. And I don’t think that the people who did vote for him are indecent, really.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 12:00 PM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think even a lot of his voters are generally decent people, I think Trump had an attractive sales pitch, especially to voters already primed to it by right wing media and Republican influences. He combined Republican hot button issues with at times very economically populist talking points, he sadly, but not surprisingly failed to deliver on. But he was right with a lot of it, American miners have been screwed over, American manufacturing has been sold out, the ACA is less than ideal and a universal system would be better.

Clinton at the same time was a uniquely disliked candidate, who was only really attractive to well off liberal voters. Her message was basically the neoliberal consensus has been working for us, let’s slightly tweak it and go on from there, and that doesn’t convince the single mother working three jobs. So a lot of people saw that a Trump was full of hot air, and they realized that Democrats might be better than him for them, but I think the amount of people genuinely excited to vote or canvass for her was relatively low. And I don’t think that the people who did vote for him are indecent, really.
No doubt many Trumpers are decent. But i think many of the decent ones tried him for one term and the state of the US socially and economically is now far worse. The trumpers who are decent and bright people will not be trying him again.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 12:23 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

It’s easy for you to be judge mental you don’t have a country. You can’t vote in the Africa or Thailand and I doubt you can vote in Britain, and your country is leaving the EU. It’s pretty immature of you to think anyone cares what you think about American politics. All you can do is type on the internet on a dead movie forum. Which you think is doing something.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 03:41 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can vote in the UK and do by post and I also have an Irish passport and am selling my place in Egypt to gain residency there. I think then I will also be on the electoral roll, oh off course still in Europe. My wife and I have 5 passports between us and our daughter will have 6.

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on Aug 8th, 2020 at 04:46 PM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 04:41 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

You can’t vote herethumb up

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 04:53 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
You can’t vote herethumb up
No but my daughter will be able to. smile

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 05:38 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

In what 18 years? Maybe in 18 years you will give up this game. Also you realize Trump won’t be President in 18 years, what will you have to complain about then?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2020 05:59 PM