KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Film protagonists who are actually terrible people

Film protagonists who are actually terrible people
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Film protagonists who are actually terrible people

I got the idea after watching this video, particularly the bit from 1:10 to 3:00 odd:

So, yeah, we've got Cade so far. Anyone who can eclipse him?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 04:47 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Morpheus (from The Matrix), imho.
No matter how compellingly he phrases things, it boils down to him lying to ppl to get them to “wake up”. Wake up to a crap sack world and live underground on a barren planet basically incapable of supporting life, and...wake up more ppl to further strain already limited resources.

It’s why as much as what Cypher did was shitty af, I could see why he did it. He didn’t sign up to live like a mole rat. A mole rat at war to boot. He stopped drinking the kool aid and realized he was better off living in ignorance, and that the “choice” Morpheus had offered him and everyone else wasn’t really a choice, since he (Morpheus) didn’t give ppl all the details.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 05:15 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Cameron Diaz's character in Bad Teacher

The hero of John Q.

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 06:02 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 06:03 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
The hero of John Q.

Completely different movie, but John Q put me in mind of Law Abiding Citizen. I guess we were supposed to be rooting for Jamie Foxx's character in that movie?
Screw that guy.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 06:37 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 06:39 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Ferris Bueler.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 06:39 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by KingD19
Ferris Bueler.

QFT

That said, i'd still hang out w. him!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 09:00 PM
HulkIsHulk

I don't think Ferris is a terrible person, just lazy, selfish, good at pretending and very lucky
All he did was skip school so he could help out his depressed friend and hang out with his girlfriend. He's a slacker. Not.a crime

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 09:07 PM
riv6672

^^^I respect your opinion, but as I got older it seemed to me, Ferris was mostly interested in helping out Ferris.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 10:00 PM
KingD19

Originally posted by riv6672
QFT

That said, i'd still hang out w. him!

I'd hang out with him once or twice with other people around, but if he suggested anything, I'm out. Didn't feel like quoting your second post to Hulk, but basically you're entirely correct. Ferris cares about Ferris and sees everyone else as a pawn. If the movie wasn't made in the 80's and had such upbeat comedy and tones, like if it was made in the past few years? It would be a suspense thriller about a sociopathic high schooler making everyone dance to his tune with them never realizing the awful truth.

I don't think Ferris is a terrible person, just lazy, selfish, good at pretending and very lucky
All he did was skip school so he could help out his depressed friend and hang out with his girlfriend. He's a slacker. Not.a crime

You glossed over all the sh*t he did.

https://www.eightieskids.com/10-rea...n-awful-person/

Ferris was a manipulative a*shole who saw people as tools for his amusement and getting what he wanted, even his parents.

He even vilified the Dean/Principal for just wanting him to stop bullsh*tting and go to school.

Last edited by KingD19 on Aug 6th, 2020 at 10:04 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 10:02 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Owen Wilson's character in Wedding Crashers.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 7th, 2020 at 01:11 AM

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 01:03 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

The dean/principal needed some serious therapy because he took his job way too seriously. Had he been a bit more levelheaded about it he could have got rid of Ferris easily.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 01:48 AM
KingD19

The dean/principal needed some serious therapy because he took his job way too seriously. Had he been a bit more levelheaded about it he could have got rid of Ferris easily.

The principal isn't the guy who did all this illegal stuff and used people around him like puppets. He was wound too tight, but Ferris is sh*t and he brought it out of him.

This isn't about the principal. Ferris is the protagonist and by far the most vile trash in that entire movie. If you didn't already, click the link I posted. Or go watch the movie again. He should be one of the top people in this topic.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 01:56 AM
HulkIsHulk

Besides, not being able to.hate Ferris is maybe because I have friends who have some of his characters. ButI yeah he's no ideal.hero, screw thatthe he's no.hero.

Plus that article is not entirely correct either.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 01:58 AM
HulkIsHulk

In the end Cameron grew a spine. Whatever happens between his dad later, that's gotta count.
Okay, vile trash? Ferris is no saint but that's an extreme description
The entire cast save for him are nincompoops. which is why he gets away with things

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 02:06 AM
KingD19

So because it's easy for him to get over on people, it's okay that he takes the advantage to do so? You're basically saying it's cool to screw people over and manipulate them how you like, as long as they're too dumb to realize you're doing it. It's easy to rob dementia patients because they won't remember it even happened, so it's cool to just pilfer some retirement homes?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 02:21 AM
HulkIsHulk

What he does is not okay. I never said that it was. Its just that I don't think its that big of a deal, and basically its plot armor which allows him to.do so. You seem to seriously hate the character. So.lets just agree to.disagree

While we are on it, here's a real life ed rooney

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...?outputType=amp

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 02:51 AM
KingD19

I don't hate him. I just think he's a sh*t person, and this is about film protags who are terrible people, which he is. You seem to be defending him despite knowing full well nothing he did was okay.

Back on topic of protagonists who are terrible...I nominate Donnie Wilson from Den of Thieves(Ice Cube Jr's character) He set the entire events of the film in motion, which ended with Merriman and his entire crew dead. Merriman was fresh out of prison and had no reason to go back to the criminal life but Donnie's deal was too sweet to pass up. 50 Cent was a father and family man who made decent money, but now he's got orphans and a widow with only a limited amount of money to live on until they find a new solution. Etc, etc, etc...

And meanwhile, Donnie has basically pulled a Kansas City Shuffle, letting Merriman and his guys draw all the heat and get killed while he and his guys made off with millions, then moved to London so he could pull the same trick again.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 04:09 AM
Silent Master

DCEU Superman

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 10:55 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote