KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Yulaw vs Agent Smith (first film only)

Yulaw vs Agent Smith (first film only)
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yulaw vs Agent Smith (first film only)

(please log in to view the image)

Versus

(please log in to view the image)

- Fight takes place in a train station.
- Both combatants are in character.
- First one to put the other one down for a 10-count (whether by KO, incap or even kill) wins.

Who comes out on top here?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 01:12 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I feel they are probably equal in speed, but Yulaw might be stronger. I remember that one scene in the Matrix Reloaded of the Agent destroying the car by jumping on it, I feel we'll need some number crunching to compare it to Yulaw's strength

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 01:37 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, I thought this would be an interesting fight. Because I can't recall either doing anything that would put them too significantly beyond each other in any physical stat department (other than Yulaw showing better travel speed, which isn't much use unless he plans on running away), and they are both obviously extremely skilled fighters.

On a random note, I love how smooth Yulaw is in that gif. Every move positions him perfectly to execute the next one.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Sep 2nd, 2020 at 01:52 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 01:43 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

They're both bullet dodgers, but Yulaw seems to have better running/striking speed imo. Might be enough to make Smith another nobody in a long line of bytches.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 01:53 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I've found it really difficult to try and quantify Smith's punching speed though (yes, I've made a futile attempt to try before). At his fastest, it's basically just a blur of limbs lol.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 01:59 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I've found it really difficult to try and quantify Smith's punching speed though (yes, I've made a futile attempt to try before). At his fastest, it's basically just a blur of limbs lol.

Well, TBF, thats the point of the movie. Its all a simulation so physics are shit big grin

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 02:02 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Pretty much. Which is why I gave up lol.

Because you can kind of scale the distance between them reasonably accurately. The issue is tracking individual punches to see how long they take. Even if you heavily slow down a clip of it, the blur/after images make it a nightmare to keep track of anything (because they tend to overlap each other at different points). So, after several minutes of frustration and virtually zero progress, I was like, "phuck it."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 02:06 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Pretty much. Which is why I gave up lol.

Because you can kind of scale the distance between them reasonably accurately. The issue is tracking individual punches to see how long they take. Even if you heavily slow down a clip of it, the blur/after images make it a nightmare to keep track of anything (because they tend to overlap each other at different points). So, after several minutes of frustration and virtually zero progress, I was like, "phuck it."

Lol

Plus, you'd have to think, punches of that speed, power, and quantity would have turned Neo's abdomen into jelly if there was any kind of physical weight to it. But again that's the point of the film: its not physical, so NO attack should have weight.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 02:12 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Actually sort of makes me glad they didn't choose to translate that representation into leg/running speed onscreen, or the Agents would probably have looked like they belong in Kung Fu Hustle.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 03:13 PM
HulkIsHulk

On a random note, I love how smooth Yulaw is in that gif. Every move positions him perfectly to execute the next one.

Well Yulaw IS played by Jet Lee after all.
Though funnily enough the humans in that movie seemed super tough too. The guy in this gif gets his ass kicked at super speed and then gets an entire squad's ammo emptied onto to him (yes the bullets bounced off his armor but they wouldn't stop the impact) but is still conscious and moving. Likewise the cop who got sandwiched by getting two motorcycles simultaneously slammed into both his sides was also conscious and moving even if no longer fighting capable

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 04:03 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Lestov16
I feel they are probably equal in speed, but Yulaw might be stronger. I remember that one scene in the Matrix Reloaded of the Agent destroying the car by jumping on it, I feel we'll need some number crunching to compare it to Yulaw's strength

But the whole point of Reloaded was that all the agents got an upgrade. So I doubt that would apply to Smith who was removed from the mainframe by then.

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 04:05 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
But the whole point of Reloaded was that all the agents got an upgrade. So I doubt that would apply to Smith who was removed from the mainframe by then.

That's true. The OP specifies the first film. Like I said, I think Yulaw has the striking speed to Nobody's Bytch Smith.

Actually sort of makes me glad they didn't choose to translate that representation into leg/running speed onscreen, or the Agents would probably have looked like they belong in Kung Fu Hustle.

laughing

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 04:21 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Well Yulaw IS played by Jet Lee after all.

I'm not simply talking about motion though. For example, when he kicks the guy, he not only disarms him, but forces him to expose his near leg. And then only holds his own spin long enough to position himself to deliver a low roundhouse to the back of said leg he just exposed. And then plants himself in a way that gives him a good unobstructed position to deliver a hard, clean downward strike to the guy's falling head.

It's a nice little sequence that really shows off Yulaw's precision in H2H.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 04:55 PM
riv6672

quote:
It's a nice little sequence that really shows off Yulaw's precision in H2H.

Yeah, it’s great to watch. Like violent ballet.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 08:43 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Against any normal agent(which is what Smith was in the first movie) Yulaw wins.

Now the upgraded agents would curbstomp him.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 11:56 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
Yeah, it’s great to watch. Like violent ballet.

They just don't make movies like this anymore. I don't know why. Kung Fu Hustle is another one with beautifully choreographed fights.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 11:58 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

John Wick and Ip Man movies say hi

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 03:50 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

There are also a couple of decent TV shows that have some great looking choreography. Warrior is a particularly notable example I've enjoyed more recently. But I do kind of get what Surtur means. There was a period around the Blade & Matrix trilogies and after where a lot of other films also jumped on the trend (The One actually being a notable example, along with some of the antagonists of the Hellboy films, to throw some more out there) and adopted that kind of fighting choreography.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 05:05 PM
HulkIsHulk

The thing is, in most of those movies the leads got some serious training or were expert martial arts and had decent acting skills. That's not a big list to draw from. If you need variety in cast you run.out of fighter guys real quick. Plus with every trend, people got tired of uber martial arts and preferred regular brawling, because it gets real silly if your everday dude protagonist starts throwing roundhouse kicks like a Tae Kwon Do expert.

That reminds me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSSlxEj2ClA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3arwvTybVA

Too much martial arts plus general rudiculousness like in the above videos eventually got too predictable. Plus there was budget concerns as well

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 06:12 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That Monkey King movie with Jet Li and Jackie Chan was awful though. I experience spiritual pain whenever I think about it.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2020 06:29 PM