KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Deckard Shaw vs Ozymandias

Deckard Shaw vs Ozymandias
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Veidt caught a bullet which makes him fast AF, but that isn’t evidence of bullet time Matrix speed.

But which holds more weight in regards to his combat speed. that one-time bullet catch or his multiple fights?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2020 07:45 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Hate to interfere in my own thread, but what about Ozy's reflexes during his fake assassination attempt? He was aim dodging like hell

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 6th, 2020 07:47 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Lestov16
Hate to interfere in my own thread, but what about Ozy's reflexes during his fake assassination attempt? He was aim dodging like hell

that was all staged

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 6th, 2020 09:29 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The assassination was staged.

Veidt actually caught the bullet that was fired by Laurie.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 6th, 2020 09:48 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Nobody is denying that, the question is. do we base his fighting speed on the bullet catch or on how fast he has been shown to move during his multiple fights?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2020 10:12 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Brixton was not only a bullet timer who blocked multiple shots with his hand, but his targeting computer also slowed down time and read his opponents moves. Shaw and Hobbs overcame that.

Rorschach and Nite Owl not being able to overcome Ozy would make them slower in comparison so Shaw should at least be able to hit him as he's slower than Brixton, has no targeting computer and is weaker than Brix as well. Shaw being able to hurt Dom, Hobbs and Lore means Ozy will definitely get hurt from his hits as all 3 are tougher and stronger than Ozy.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2020 10:21 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by KingD19
Brixton was not only a bullet timer who blocked multiple shots with his hand, but his targeting computer also slowed down time and read his opponents moves. Shaw and Hobbs overcame that.

Rorschach and Nite Owl not being able to overcome Ozy would make them slower in comparison so Shaw should at least be able to hit him as he's slower than Brixton, has no targeting computer and is weaker than Brix as well. Shaw being able to hurt Dom, Hobbs and Lore means Ozy will definitely get hurt from his hits as all 3 are tougher and stronger than Ozy.

ABC logic does not work in fiction when characters level fluctuate from scene to scene. Plus we go on visual speed.
Shaw and Hoggs allowed Brixton to hit one oh then so that he will be open to be attacked. Without that strategy they were getting their asses handed to them.

Ozy will see them in super slow motion. Let's not try to argue that truth away now.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 04:13 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
ABC logic does not work in fiction when characters level fluctuate from scene to scene. Plus we go on visual speed.

Then show feats of Ozy fighting at speeds beyond Shaw.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 04:17 AM
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master

You keep ignoring what is stated like a dunce.

He only needs to move fast enough to avoid being hit (which at minimum is slower than they move).

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 08:06 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Show feats of Ozy fighting fast enough that Shaw won't be able to hit hin.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 08:16 AM
h1a8

Show feats of Ozy fighting fast enough that Shaw won't be able to hit hin.

Any of his fights show sufficient speed to block, dodge, parry Shaw's attacks.

Just pick a scene.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 08:34 AM
Silent Master

Pick one that supports your claim that Shaw will have zero chance of ever landing even a single attack and post it

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 08:36 AM
h1a8

Pick one that supports your claim that Shaw will have zero chance of ever landing even a single attack and post it

The scene where Ozy catches a bullet combined with the scene where he fought both Nite owl and Rorschach.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 10:59 AM
Silent Master

The scene where Ozy catches a bullet combined with the scene where he fought both Nite owl and Rorschach.

Does anyone agree with h1 that Ozy's fight with Nite owl and Rorschach prove that Shaw has zero chance of landing even a single hit?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 11:30 AM
Impediment
Endless

There is no evidence of Ozy having super slow vision.

It’s a reflex feat and timing. He’s the worlds smartest man in Watchmen.

Let’s stop adding feat speculations.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 03:00 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Does anyone agree with h1 that Ozy's fight with Nite owl and Rorschach prove that Shaw has zero chance of landing even a single hit?

That's not my stance. My stance is both scenes proves it.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:40 AM
h1a8

Originally posted by Impediment
There is no evidence of Ozy having super slow vision.

It’s a reflex feat and timing. He’s the worlds smartest man in Watchmen.

Let’s stop adding feat speculations.

It's a physics and biological fact that perceiving faster motion than another results in slower time perception than the other.

Why do you think EVERY fictional medium displays time perception slower for the character who is fast?

A bullet is many times slower than a punch. Perceiving a bullet would allow you to perceive the punch many times easier.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:43 AM
Silent Master

That's not my stance. My stance is both scenes proves it.

Yes it is, you've claimed that Shaw won't ever land a hit.

Ozy doesn't get touched here. He casually beats Shaw. This is spite.

No he does not. This is a spite fight. Shaw wouldn't land a single blow. And Ozy can sit there and allow Shaw to get 5 haymakers on him and it would barely damage him.

And when I asked for proof

You posted this

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:48 AM
h1a8

Yes it is, you've claimed that Shaw won't ever land a hit.

And when I asked for proof

You posted this

Reading is fundamental. Do you see the word, "combined"?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:22 AM
Silent Master

I asked for feats of Ozy fighting at speeds beyond Shaw

You only posted 1 fighting feat. thus you're claiming that feat proves your claim.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:48 AM