KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Tien vs Krillin

Tien vs Krillin
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Tien vs Krillin

Both till Semi Perfect Cell saga only. Who wins?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 01:14 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Really comes down to Tri-Beam vs. Destructo Disc. Whichever connects first, wins.

That said, I'd favor the Destructo Discs every single time... Especially since Krillin can spam them mid-fight, and it doesn't take much energy at all for him to do so.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 01:26 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I don't think till Cell saga Krillin spammed destructo disks.

Who wins in a straight combat?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 02:33 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Tien is more a raw technique kinda fighter while krillin is more clever and tricky. I imagine krillin would get the upper hand more times than not

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 02:38 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
I don't think till Cell saga Krillin spammed destructo disks.

Who wins in a straight combat?
He first spammed disks during the Freeza saga:
(please log in to view the image)

Krillin should edge him out in straight combat.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 04:24 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Such HQ scan. Me jelly.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 04:44 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Colorized versions are available through the Freeza saga.

Still just the b&w rips after that, though. sad

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 04:51 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kikoho can be dodged. That's why Tien didn't use it on Goku in their rematch.

Destructo disc by itself is pretty useless, but with Super skills Krillin would win pretty easily.

Here though, odds are Tien wins. More skills, with Krillins bag of tricks partly stolen from him. No real reason to think Krillin overpowers him at this point, with everyone having trained for the Cell Games.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Sep 7th, 2020 at 05:10 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 05:05 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Tbf, it would be much harder to dodge DD spam, then it would be to dodge the Kikoho -- even 2nd form Freeza(who was like 13x more powerful than Krillin at the time) barely managed, and got his tail lopped off in the process.

Difference is that it takes Krillin a negligible amount of energy to create the Disks, whereas it takes everything Tien has to drop Kikohos.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 05:14 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tien should be able to copy the move. When he debuted, his thing was seeing a move once, then copying it at twice its power, as he did to Goku's Kamehameha.

Plus Freeza had his own version, so how hard can it be?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 06:06 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Tien has never used a DD, so there's no reason to think he'd do so here.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 06:13 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

OK, without destructo discs. Who wins?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 07:01 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Krillin.

He has logically been the most powerful earthling since the Freeza saga(when Guru unlocked him.) Tien's Kikoho is really the only chance he has to win, imo.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 07:07 PM
Mendax
Hand of God

How strong do you think they were during the cell arc? Do you think their powerlevels would at least be close?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 07:16 PM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Mendax
How strong do you think they were during the cell arc? Do you think their powerlevels would at least be close?
Obviously, but not close enough as to where Krillin would lose, it depends on if we're taking manga or anime?

If it's manga, Krillin wins more often then not, if it's anime, Krillin has even more under his belt like taking on first-form Cell and actually forcing him to try.

Yes Tien pushed Cell down but it was an attack that was powerful enough to drain him of his life force if he used just ONE, then dude goes all out and uses 30 and it didn't even do that much damage, just kept forcing him down and therefore couldnt get up.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 07:27 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Mendax
Hard to say with any kind of certainty.

I mean, Yamcha and Tien both trained with King Kai after they died during the Saiyan saga(and during the Saiyan saga, their PLs were relatively close)... Fast-forward to the Android/Cell saga, and #19 & #20 originally mistook Yamcha's energy reading for Goku's -- and given that Gero had last recorded Goku during the Saiyan saga, it means Yamcha's PL could have been as high as 32,000, as that was Goku's max PL when he fought Vegeta.

So even if Tien was 2x Yamcha during the Android/Cell saga, it would 'only' put his PL around the 64,000 range. Flip side, Krillin's last recorded PL during the Freeza saga was canonically listed at 75,000 "and still rising." Then factor in his logical growth after training to fight the Androids for 3 years, and he was likely sitting above the 100,000 mark, imho.

So I don't think Tien would really be in Krillin's realm unless we could definitively say that he was at least 3x Yamcha during the Android/Cell saga... Which is pretty much impossible to prove, as his only real showing was using the Kikoho against Semi-Perfect Cell(which isn't indicative of his PL, as it obviously allows him to momentarily step WAAAY out of his weight class, at the expense of his own life.)

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 7th, 2020 at 10:04 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 07:39 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Friendly reminder that power levels were only introduced so that toriyama could point out how ineffective they were as opposed to actual energy sensing

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 08:37 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Friendly reminder that power levels were only introduced so that toriyama could point out how ineffective they were as opposed to actual energy sensing

Power levels matter if a character is at full power, they're literally a measure of how strong a character is compared to another character.

So if a guidebook or some shit decides "hey, this dude's power level at full power is 10,000,000" and some other guy's power level is 9,000,000 at full power, the 10,000,000 guy is going to win in a straight fight every time.

That doesn't mean people with lower power levels aren't capable of beating those with higher power levels.

Krillin for example is capable of taking out people way above his paygrade by using clever tactics and shit.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Last edited by Jmanghan on Sep 7th, 2020 at 09:11 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 09:04 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

PLs stopped mattering after the Namek saga, for the most part.

They'd still be an accurate measuring stick for the earthlings during the Cell saga, though... But even then it's mostly just speculation, because no canonical PLs were given after Namek.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 7th, 2020 at 10:01 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 09:56 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
Tien has never used a DD, so there's no reason to think he'd do so here.

Ok.

Doodompa then.

According to Roshi, the Kamehameha is "dog piss" compared to it. It goes right through them, and its pretty hard to avoid.

He can just rapid fire those off if Krillin tries to DD spam him.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 10:33 PM