KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » !!!The Official Dragon Ball vs. Comics Thread!!!

!!!The Official Dragon Ball vs. Comics Thread!!!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (281): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
Let's try to scale it up from the beginning and move on to later.

We need to start from a baseline.

For example.

Let's star with:

a). Master Roshi blowing up the moon with effort:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

b). Piccolo blowing up the moon with a casual KI blast:

Weakest character/tier that can do it? Mid-herald?

I think Guy Gardner or John Stewart could do it like Piccolo.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:11 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Would this method work (Vegeta's new ability) work on, say, Rebirth Superman, being that his body absorbs sunlight and or being a culmination of other versions of himself?
(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)
Forced Spirit Fission itself probably wouldn't do anything to Superman, unless you're of the opinion that he is actually multiple Supermen wrapped up in one.

Let's try to scale it up from the beginning and move on to later.

We need to start from a baseline.

For example.

Let's star with:

a). Master Roshi blowing up the moon with effort:

b). Piccolo blowing up the moon with a casual KI blast:

Weakest character/tier that can do it? Mid-herald?
You also have to factor in the energy expenditure.

It took every bit of power Roshi had(stuffed inside his most powerful blast) to moon-bust.

Flip side, Piccolo did it with a generic hand blast, and wasn't visibly drained afterward.

I think it would take a herald to do that at all... Never mind do it with very little effort. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:14 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Would Thanos tank Vegeta's final flash against Cell?

This?

Lol... would either be jacked up tremendously or turned to dust.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:15 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

edit due to Galan making a good point and this not applying.

Originally posted by Galan007
You also have to factor in the energy expenditure.

It took every bit of power Roshi had(stuffed inside his most powerful blast) to moon-bust.

Flip side, Piccolo did it with a generic hand blast, and wasn't visibly drained afterward.

I think it would take a herald to do that at all... Never mind do it with very little effort. /shrug
thumb up

I don't have the manga in front of me -- so the next question would be, who is the next character who no sold an effort ki blast from Piccolo [or roflstomped him], and what would be the general level needed to do that in comics [i.e. no-sell somebody like John/mid-herald and then roflstomp him].

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Sep 8th, 2020 at 01:23 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:15 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

@Phil

A rookie GL could do it since Jessica on low battery shielded against a supernova.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:21 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by carver9
This?

Lol... would either be jacked up tremendously or turned to dust.

Idk Carver.

Thanos tanks blackholes pretty thoroughly and the Cell Saga tops out at Solar System level.

I think he would be singed but whole.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:23 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Idk Carver.

Thanos tanks blackholes pretty thoroughly and the Cell Saga tops out at Solar System level.

Youre using his highs though. We are talking about average portrayals. Terrax tanked a black hole as well and he would get turned to dust from this attack.

Last edited by carver9 on Sep 8th, 2020 at 01:28 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:26 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

@Phil

A rookie GL could do it since Jessica on low battery shielded against a supernova.

Off of pure durability or shields?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:26 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Idk Carver.

Black holes in comics are as effective as Yamcha in DBZ.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:27 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Youre using his highs though. We are talking about average portrayals.

Thanos' highs are well above surviving black holes.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:28 PM
CosmicComet

Off of pure durability or shields?

Shields. Not on default durability.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:29 PM
carver9

Thanos' highs are well above surviving black holes.

So youre saying Terrax would be ok from that attack as well?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:30 PM
carver9

Shields. Not on default durability.

Seems like Philo question was based on pure durability.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:31 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

edit due to Galan making a good point and this not applying.

thumb up

I don't have the manga in front of me -- so the next question would be, who is the next character who no sold an effort ki blast from Piccolo [or roflstomped him], and what would be the general level needed to do that in comics [i.e. no-sell somebody like John/mid-herald and then roflstomp him].
Nappa.

...And mind you, Nappa was only about 13% stronger than Piccolo during the Saiyan saga, and still throttled him casually.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:31 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordGod
The One

Can someone refresh my memory on how powerlevels work? Because it might also help to figure out where DB characters compare to comic characters.

For instance- if a character in DB has a powerlevel of 3,000, does it mean they can stalemate 3 different characters with powerlevels of 1,000?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:41 PM
LordGod is currently offline Click here to Send LordGod a Private Message Find more posts by LordGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Galan007
Nappa.

...And mind you, Nappa was only about 13% stronger than Piccolo during the Saiyan saga, and still throttled him casually.
thumb up

So we have:
a). Piccolo easily moon-busting [which is pegged at around mid-herald]
b). Nappa no-selling Piccolo with more effort than the moon busting.

In essence -- which comic book character can/has no-sold a moon-busting mid-herald?

Say, for example, which characters has no-sold Beta Ray Bill and stomped him? Or Gladiator? I dunno -- the question becomes which characters have actually shown to moon-bust [also keeping in mind that Piccolo did it casually -- but that's probably harder to find], and then gotten no-sold and stomped by a character [high-herald? trans?]

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Sep 8th, 2020 at 01:43 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:41 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by LordGod
Can someone refresh my memory on how powerlevels work? Because it might also help to figure out where DB characters compare to comic characters.

For instance- if a character in DB has a powerlevel of 3,000, does it mean they can stalemate 3 different characters with powerlevels of 1,000?

A 3000 pl character mudstomps 3 x 1000 pl characters.

Same way an adult would beat three fourth graders that total his weight.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:43 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

thumb up

So we have:
a). Piccolo easily moon-busting [which is pegged at around mid-herald]
b). Nappa no-selling Piccolo with more effort than the moon busting.

In essence -- which comic book character can/has no-sold a moon-busting mid-herald?

Say, for example, which characters has no-sold Beta Ray Bill and stomped him? Or Gladiator? I dunno -- the question becomes which characters have actually shown to moon-bust [also keeping in mind that Piccolo did it casually -- but that's probably harder to find], and then gotten no-sold and stomped by a character [high-herald? trans?]

I'd say Kurse can do it.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:45 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Phil

Rookie GL's also took down the sentient sector.

Defended against its attacks, and shrunk it down.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by LordGod

PLs stopped mattering after the Namek saga, because the characters became too powerful... Even though you can easily approximate an accurate high-end PL for post-Boo saga Goku using established canon sources/multipliers. But that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, PLs aren't linear like that. The implication is that if a significant gap exists between you and your opponent(s), you can defeat an army of them. The "dogpiling" approach doesn't really work for weaker characters in DB.

PLs also don't work linearly when you talk about energy projection. For example, Saiyan saga Vegeta(PL=18,000) is the weakest confirmed planet-buster in the series... But that doesn't mean a character with a PL of 36,000 'only' has enough output to destroy two earths.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 8th, 2020 at 01:59 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:57 PM