KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » You must abolish one of these 3 acclaimed BioWare series.

You must abolish one of these 3 acclaimed BioWare series.
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Yeah, so I like Skyrim a lot... sue me lol.

I hope you modded it at least.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 10:40 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oblivion can be made to be quite good if you mod it. Specifically the level scaling system.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 10:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by BackFire
Skyrim is much better than Oblivion.

nein

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 10:59 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-

You're not getting the true Skyrim experience if you do.

Like randomly falling off one end of the map and through the orher over and over again, like something out of a bad Portal clone.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 12:49 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by NewGuy01
nein

But Skyrim just works:

It's hilarious how they keep porting all the bugs and exploits in these "remasters".

Almost as if they never bothered to remaster them at all, and went "Eh, let the modders get it".

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 12:54 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by cdtm

Like randomly falling off one end of the map and through the orher over and over again, like something out of a bad Portal clone.

You joke, but I have tried playing vanilla Skyrim. I didn't enjoy it that much at all. Modded, though? I enjoy the shit out of it.

I do consider DAO to be better though, at least personally. Yes, my version is heavily modded, but even without the mods the story and the characters are far more interesting imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 05:59 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

You joke, but I have tried playing vanilla Skyrim. I didn't enjoy it that much at all. Modded, though? I enjoy the shit out of it.

I do consider DAO to be better though, at least personally. Yes, my version is heavily modded, but even without the mods the story and the characters are far more interesting imo.
How deep is the modding community for DAO?

I've enjoyed Skyrim even though I've played "superior" games like it, like Witcher 3, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and Dragon's Dogma.

I think it's a fantastic game tbh, that said I enjoyed the above games more. Before anyone asks, I've played various versions of it on PS3, PC, but the first time I beat the story was on Switch (so basically, the Vanilla version.)

Maybe not Witcher 3, I did have fun with it but maybe the third-person perspective made Skyrim less repetitive, and my enjoyment Witcher 3 was ruined when I got the bad ending due to stuff I had no idea would affect the ending.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 06:19 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't. I only have it on PS3.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 06:28 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Skyrim is fun.

But beware if you try to venture into playing Morrowind thinking "I did well in Skyrim".

You will be murdered by rats.

Seeing as how Morrowind isn't available on PS3 and I don't have a good gaming PC, I may not ever get a chance to play Morrowind.

Originally posted by BackFire
Skyrim is much better than Oblivion.

That seems to be the majority opinion I hear from the people who have played both games, yeah.

Still, I would like to play thru Oblivion just once at least for the experience so I have went ahead and purchased a used GotY edition that comes with a map on ebay for $10. I should get it in about a week but it might be a while before I get around to playing it as I'm trying to finish up some odds and ends in my current playthru of Skyrim while at the same time juggling two other very time-consuming games as well.

Don't know if I'll play thru Oblivion more than once since there are no trophies available for the game from what I've heard which sucks. If I really enjoy the game I might play thru it a second time anyway as a different character from whatever I choose in the first playrhru and of course on a harder difficulty setting.

What is the magic skills like in Oblivion? Magic, for the most part, sucks in Skyrim in my experiences with it. I played as a High Elf in my very first playthru of the game and while I enjoyed it greatly the magic wasn't nearly as powerful as I'd thought it'd be. At least, not destruction magic. The other schools were pretty decent I guess.

Playing as a Khajiit this time around (really like cats lol) and I've really enjoyed it so far even though I'm at such a high level that nearly all enemies have become pushovers. Lots of times I even one-shot dragons lol though they rarely show up anymore since I've already defeated Alduin.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Sep 15th, 2020 at 07:07 AM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 06:53 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm

Funny, but I've never experienced many of the game-breaking bugs I've heard mostly PC gamers complain about.

My main problem with the game is the long ass loading screens and taking too damn long to do a manual save. Besides that, I love it.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 07:03 AM
cdtm

Oh yeah? What about the mods makes it a better experience?

I used to be all about modding, but swore it off ever since I got tired of the incompatibility issues or new bugs they tended to introduce, or otherwise unfinished aspects.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 01:53 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
I can't. I only have it on PS3.

360 here. thumb up

My philosophy is if a game needs to be heavily modded to become fun, you may as well just play a better game.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 01:54 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

There hasn't been a Dragon Age game that wasn't a massive pile of shit since 2009. How is there even a dilemma here?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 09:56 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

To be fair, there hasn't been a good KotOR since 2004 (or 2003 according to some).

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 10:19 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Yes, but the only games in that franchise have all been good.

ToR is not part of the KOTOR franchise don't @ me.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 10:33 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Tzeentch
ToR is not part of the KOTOR franchise don't @ me.

(please log in to view the image)

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 11:25 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

***** I said don't @ me. This is the opposite of not @ing me

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 11:27 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

***** I said don't @ me. This is the opposite of not @ing me

What are rules really though?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 11:32 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Continue to @ me and there's going to be a problem buddy.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 01:21 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Continue to @ me and there's going to be a problem buddy.

No bigger problem then me making sure the only way you're watching YouTube videos again is through reaction channels.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 02:29 AM