KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » You must abolish one of these 3 acclaimed BioWare series.

You must abolish one of these 3 acclaimed BioWare series.
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm

My philosophy is if a game needs to be heavily modded to become fun, you may as well just play a better game.

You need to change your ways then.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 03:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Seeing as how Morrowind isn't available on PS3 and I don't have a good gaming PC, I may not ever get a chance to play Morrowind.

It's very beloved by longtime fans of the series, but all of my attempts to get into it have failed early on. Its age is a surprisingly huge barrier to entry. Navigation, menus, combat, I found it all to be quite painful.

quote:
That seems to be the majority opinion I hear from the people who have played both games, yeah.

quote:
What is the magic skills like in Oblivion? Magic, for the most part, sucks in Skyrim in my experiences with it. I played as a High Elf in my very first playthru of the game and while I enjoyed it greatly the magic wasn't nearly as powerful as I'd thought it'd be. At least, not destruction magic. The other schools were pretty decent I guess.

It's been a very, very long time since I've played, so I don't remember exactly how it's balanced. I think my magic worked pretty damn good? All I can say for sure is that magic is handled very differently than it is in Skyrim, so I recommend that you do at least dabble in it for the full experience.

I think that in general though, Oblivion encourages its players to pursue a mixed build instead of a specialized one, so don't worry about it too much.

Minor magic-related spoiler: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Once you've advanced enough in the mages guild, you can create your own custom spells. So if you're running a mage build, and are in need of a more heavy-duty destruction spell, you can just make one.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 05:58 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Jmanghan
How deep is the modding community for DAO?

I've enjoyed Skyrim even though I've played "superior" games like it, like Witcher 3, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and Dragon's Dogma.

I think it's a fantastic game tbh, that said I enjoyed the above games more. Before anyone asks, I've played various versions of it on PS3, PC, but the first time I beat the story was on Switch (so basically, the Vanilla version.)

Maybe not Witcher 3, I did have fun with it but maybe the third-person perspective made Skyrim less repetitive, and my enjoyment Witcher 3 was ruined when I got the bad ending due to stuff I had no idea would affect the ending.

It used to be pretty big, and then Bioware went and closed all their forums (they were a shitshow to be fair anyway).

Almost all of the mods are still on the Nexus though, and there are thousands of them.

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
I can't. I only have it on PS3.

My condolences. Still, if you enjoy it, that's the main thing.

Originally posted by cdtm
Oh yeah? What about the mods makes it a better experience?

I used to be all about modding, but swore it off ever since I got tired of the incompatibility issues or new bugs they tended to introduce, or otherwise unfinished aspects.

Skyrim or DAO?

For Skyrim? There are mods that alter (and I would argue improve) skill trees. There are mods that make magic more balanced. There are mods that make crafting more involved than just crafting millions of iron daggers. iirc there are even enchanting mods.

Then there's the visual stuff. Armour sets, graphics mods... and yes, the nudie stuff counts if you're in to that kind of thing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 09:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Does Dragon Age really need the mods?

I bought the PC version of Ultimate. Anything I should get for a first play through?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 01:50 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Skip the Fade mod.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 07:29 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote