KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Where does political correctness end and fascism begin?

Where does political correctness end and fascism begin?
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Where does political correctness end and fascism begin?

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners." -George Carlin

#RIPJKRowking is trending. She’s not dead, but her career may be after she dared to voice her civil and non-hostile opinion. Now she’s being turned into a pariah by lunatics who’s senses of reality are as distorted as a Pablo Picasso painting.

And the people who are frothing at the mouth and clamoring for her career’s demise, the “Woke Brigade”, they’re nastier and more viciously intolerant than anyone they preach about.

One person’s rights and opinions don’t end where another persons level of offense begins, you know?

FYI, anyone who knows me knows that I'm absolutely NOT anti-trans or transphobic. I'm simply trying to convey my opinion of fascist people demanding that everyone think like them for fear of being turned into an intolerant monster of a human. It's bullshit.

This level of thinking and rationale are, in my civil opinion, extremely dangerous and counterproductive.

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I hate you. We need to relearn this in our society.

What are your thoughts?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 07:49 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I disagree, Pundits on the Right like to imagine we live in a PC dictatorship, but the fact remains that in a high-street bookshop it is assumed that any book with PC in the title must be a hilarious attack on PC, rather than a book in its defence, because the only time you ever see PC mentioned is when people are complaining about PC. For money. And usually on the very publicly funded radio stations that these dicks believe are involved in a politically correct conspiracy to silence them.
Boris Johnson never mentions it, but the Conservative Party won a by-election in Birmingham, in the 60's, and they sent out little kids with leaflets that said, "If you want a ****** for a neighbour, vote Liberal or Labour." And if political correctness has achieved one thing, it's to make the Conservative Party cloak its inherent racism behind more creative language."

When I was four years old, my grandfather drove me around Birmingham, where the Tories had just fought an election campaign saying, "if you want a ****** for a neighbour, vote Labour," and he drove me around saying, "this is where all the ******* and the coons and the jungle bunnies live." And I remember being at school in the early 80s and my teacher, when he read the register, instead of saying the name of the one asian boy in the class, he would say, "is the black spot in," right? And all these things have gradually been eroded by political correctness, which seems to me to be about an institutionalised politeness at its worst. And if there is some fallout from this, which means that someone in an office might get in trouble one day for saying something that someone was a bit unsure about because they couldn't decide whether it was sexist or homophobic or racist, it's a small price to pay for the massive benefits and improvements in the quality of life for millions of people that political correctness has made. It's a complete lie that allows the right, which basically controls media now, and international politics, to make people on the left who are concerned about the way people are represented look like killjoys. And I'm sick, I'm really sick-- 84% of you in this room that have agreed with this phrase, you're like those people who turn around and go, "you know who the most oppressed minorities in Britain are? White, middle-class men." You're a bunch of idiots.

Directly stealing from Stewart Lee

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 07:56 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell look at the video of the BLM protesters going into a restaurant and demanding everyone throw up a fist for black power.

Kinda thing you'd expect fascists to do.

Hell David Shor got fired for sharing findings from a study done by a black guy that said riots hurt the share of the democrat vote.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

When doing a Silly Video like THIS can Seriously Get You Put in Prison.....

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:01 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor

That dog looks terrified Fly, I bet he beat it to get it to do its Nazi salute.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:03 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Remind me again.. Did that Happen in the U.S or U.K?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:06 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Remind me again.. Did that Happen in the U.S or U.K?
Scotland, but we found a number of incidents awhile back in the US too. Didn't you post in that thread?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...f-a-hate-crime/

Personally I think he should have been treated as the law did.

No wonder the Police are unpopular in the US for instance.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...est-prosecution

Police State?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:09 PM
Flyattractor

So You are Saying Soctland ISN"T part of the "U.K"?3

I saw Very little in the first Article about anything really happening in the U.S.. when it started posting Twitter comment.. I stopped...cause Twitter..

And the Guardian Post was pretty much the same....And most of the Things You want to mention... Those happen in BLUE States... Not Red States...GUESS WHO RUNS THE BLUE STATES!!!!!!!!!

Later.. Mic Drop.

To lazy to post a gif.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:15 PM
ares834

Openly making threats =/= jokes in poor taste

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:16 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does seem to be mainly Democrat states that have social standards.

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on Sep 14th, 2020 at 08:24 PM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:22 PM
ares834

Re: Where does political correctness end and fascism begin?

quote:
#RIPJKRowking is trending. She’s not dead, but her career may be after she dared to voice her civil and non-hostile opinion. Now she’s being turned into a pariah by lunatics who’s senses of reality are as distorted as a Pablo Picasso painting.

It wasn't just some tweet. She's been pretty vocal on her views on trans-people for awhile now and her newest books is about a mass murdering trans-person. I can see why this might provoke outrage.

Anyway, she can say what she wants just as others can say what they want about her. I'm no fan of this "witch hunt" mentality that woke twitter has ushered in, but there isn't much that can be done about it either.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:23 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah the whole thing with the dog and nazi salute was crazy.

Nothing should have been done.

And folk can deflect to stuff in the US if they want, but this shit is far more prevalent in Europe. Look at the steps some countries have taken to control who says what online.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
It wasn't just some tweet. She's been pretty vocal on her views on trans-people for awhile now and her newest books is about a mass murdering trans-person. I can see why this might provoke outrage.

Anyway, she can say what she wants just as others can say what they want about her. I'm no fan of this "witch hunt" mentality that woke twitter has ushered in, but there isn't much that can be done about it either.
Me too

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:25 PM
snowdragon

quote:

It's actually super easy, stay off twitter lolsmile They won't though since they ride the $$ train on bad PR just as much as good PR.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:26 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
It's actually super easy, stay off twitter lolsmile They won't though since they ride the $$ train on bad PR just as much as good PR.
Excellent point.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:27 PM
ares834

Originally posted by snowdragon

laughing out loud

That's true.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:29 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

He wasn't put in prison, just humiliated publically, fined £800 and slandered for simple political reasons.

This one was okay though.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:29 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Where does political correctness end and fascism begin?

Originally posted by ares834

It's cis-phobic if people are upset an evil character was trans. It implies it would have been okay if it was just a straight white male or something.

It's on the other side of the same coin of folk who would cry over a transgender hero in a book. It's not progressive or enlightened it is the exact opposite. Shame on anyone who cried over it.

And I love that she didn't cave. This day and age? That is brave.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:31 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
He wasn't put in prison, just humiliated publically, fined £800 and slandered for simple political reasons.

This one was okay though.
So the only ones who have been imprisoned were in America... Interesting. Land of the free and all that.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:33 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This hill? Don't do it. It never goes well. Charlie Brown: you will never kick that football smile

https://theanswerportland.com/conte...witter-argument

Old Post Sep 14th, 2020 08:34 PM