KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Scientific American magazine backs Joe Biden.

Scientific American magazine backs Joe Biden.
Started by: wxyz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Scientific American magazine backs Joe Biden.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-19/5806784002/

I remember when Scientists were about science; not politics.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 12:38 PM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I remember when Presidents followed expert Scientific advice.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 01:20 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!

I remember when science was focused on facts and not political pandering wink

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 01:21 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
I would argue it still is and that's just a line from people who don't like the generalised Scientific consensus on facts.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 01:29 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

I would argue it still is and that's just a line from people who don't like the generalised Scientific consensus on facts.

There isn't a need to argue about facts, however there are ppl that want govt money that are scientists and will be led where the money leads them and frequently it's politicians.........hence in a time with massive amounts of information being unloaded/dispersed and money to be had more politicized information from scientists.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 01:38 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by snowdragon

Never happened. Science has pretty always been ruled by political interests.

What do you think all those psychological breakthroughs and tests were really about. Helping people?

I mean, Freud became a marketer, for crying out loud.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 01:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Like the scientific consensus that Women are stupider then men, because they have a head circumference comparable to that of a child?

That was a real thing. Then there was the eugenics movements that gave rise to the Nazi party.

If only people were more skeptical of those scientists back then. But ours, today, could never, ever be as bad.

Wonder what they'll say forty years from now about our scientific consensus's.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 01:43 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by cdtm
Never happened. Science has pretty always been ruled by political interests.

What do you think all those psychological breakthroughs and tests were really about. Helping people?

I mean, Freud became a marketer, for crying out loud.

I feel like you deserve an award for thissmile

Well done cdtmsmile

Freud gave us Edward Bernays and he is the father of 20th century propaganda.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 01:52 PM
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Like the scientific consensus that Women are stupider then men, because they have a head circumference comparable to that of a child?

That was a real thing. Then there was the eugenics movements that gave rise to the Nazi party.

If only people were more skeptical of those scientists back then. But ours, today, could never, ever be as bad.

I always have to laugh internally at people who blindly agree with whatever Scientists say.

History has proved we should never just fall in line and accept whatever the elite tell us.

I thought the whole point of Science was to question everything?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 05:13 PM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I think this endorsement is ethically worse than all the police endorsing Trump.

Voting should be individual and personal, in my arrogant opinion.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 05:15 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

They'll be amazed at how so many people were duped into believing that a giant explosion of absolutely nothing created everything, that life somehow started from inorganic material, and that amoebas somehow eventually became humans thru trillions of mutations over long periods of time all while calling it all "science" lol.

I'm sure they'll be quite ashamed that so many of their ancestors believed such hogwash and actually considered themselves to be so "smart" and "wise" lol.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Sep 16th, 2020 at 05:44 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 05:41 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

One of the positives of having Biden and not Trump, we'll at least have a POTUS that believes in science amd will heed the advice of professionals in the field and not rely on "miracles" and "feelings".

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 09:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Same folk crying here had no problems with dems shirking rules to attend the funeral of John Lewis.

I love it.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 09:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
One of the positives of having Biden and not Trump, we'll at least have a POTUS that believes in science amd will heed the advice of professionals in the field and not rely on "miracles" and "feelings".
thumb up

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 09:51 PM
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

As if Biden has a great track record on the environment and climate change.

Give me a break.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 10:21 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

In his 40+ years in government folk can please list what he's done to fight climate change.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 10:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Deferring and kicking the bucket down the road with stupid nonbinding resolutions that promise to cut emissions by 10% in 2050.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 10:27 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carthage
Deferring and kicking the bucket down the road with stupid nonbinding resolutions that promise to cut emissions by 10% in 2050.

Joe Biden in response to this: Malarkey, I played kick the can and if ruffles aren't rainbows sherbert ice cream isn't good.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 10:29 PM
snowdragon

Originally posted by Surtur
In his 40+ years in government folk can please list what he's done to fight climate change.

Yeah, he eats meat so less cow farts.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 10:29 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Surtur

Ordered the killings of hundreds of thousands of people thus eliminating units that contribute to climate change.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 10:41 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote